His Past Becomes Her Present - jwhong005

T&L's Review Request Shop

 

Title: 5/5

Your title makes the readers think, “How does your title fit in with the story?”  At first, your title didn’t seem to fit with the story, but by the end of the fic, I had a grin on my face.
Everything is grammatically correct and properly capitalized.  Good job.



Description/Foreword: 8/10

Just a few small grammatical things in your description.


“His name is written everywhere; her heart, her soul, and her life.” <--Instead of a semi-colon, use a regular colon.


“Where she goes, he goes as well but she can’t say the same for him.” <--Comma after “well”.


“What she would do the be held in Yong Junhyung’s arms again is amazing but she can’t go back to where she isn’t needed.” <--Comma after “amazing”.



As for the foreword, the character profiles are completely unnecessary, since you explain your characters very well in the fiction itself. 



Poster/Background: 9/10

The poster matches the fanfiction very well.  The text stands out, which can be a good thing and a bad thing.



Characterization: 13/15

Hyunae is different from a lot of OCs these days because she’s not perfect.  Many fanfiction writers on this site don’t quite grasp the fact that OCs are supposed to be human, but you seem to understand this well.
Junhyung was the typical bad boy who only wanted money, or so it seemed.  I enjoyed the fact that his character matured over the course of the fanfiction.
I was glad that you didn’t bring Hara into the story that much.  Her character is a cliche, so I’m glad that she didn’t show up as much.
  Jay could’ve been the second lead that never got the girl, but you changed him into something more than that.  



Spelling/Grammar: 20/20

I could only remember catching one grammar mistake throughout the whole fanfiction.  Since each chapter of your fanfiction was lengthy, I won’t go back and give the exact sentence.  It didn’t take away from the reading experience at all, however, so no points will be docked.
Congratulations.



Flow: 10/10

The flow was perfect--not to slow that it would bore the reader, and not too fast that the reader was confused the whole time.



Originality/Plot: 24/25

You turned a cliche plot--the main guy (Junhyung, in this case) plays the noble idiot and breaks up with the girl to protect her, and the girl moves on--into an original fanfiction.  There isn’t really much to critique because everything has been incorporated into your fic already.  



Enjoyment: 5/5

You possess the ability to bring the reader into the fanfiction.



Grand Total: 94/100



General Comments:

I’m pretty sure that this is one of the highest scores I’ve ever given someone at the review shop.  You’re a writer that has a great knowledge of grammar, punctuation, and vocabulary.  I have nothing bad to say about your writing, and I can tell that you take writing seriously.  Congratulations on the excellent review, and thank you for requesting and waiting.