wushustatue - In Our Dreams

T&L's Review Request Shop

Title: 5/5
You’re only two chapters in, so there isn’t much reference as to how the title fits in with the story.  However, I would click on your story if I saw it on the homepage.

Description/Foreword: 8/10
You have minor tense errors in the description, switching between past and present at times.  However, the way you’ve written your description is eye catching--like something you’d find on the back of a book.

As for the foreword, you’ve formatted it all in the center and changed the color of the font.  These are two things that shouldn’t be done--center formatting being the bigger issue.

her voice soft and sad and confused <--could use commas to separate this.  

Poster/Background: 10/10
It’s pretty simple editing, but it conveys the meaning well.

Characterization: 14/15
There isn’t much to be said about characterization because, again, you’re only two chapters into the story.  However, I do enjoy the fact that you’ve made these two seem real.  The conversation between the two kids in the sandbox, especially, stood out.  You could try to add more to LeeAe, as I feel that you focus on Kibum more.

Spelling/Grammar: 17/20
There’s one thing that should be pointed out here.  Your spelling and grammar are great, for the most part.  There are only a few errors here and there--nothing too major.

I notice that in your dialogue, you capitalize the word after the quote.  For example:

“What’s your name?” The little girl asked [...]

Because “asked” is a speaking verb, you usually make “the” lowercase.

Besides that, nothing much.

Flow: 10/10
Although the first two chapters skip years, nothing necessary is left out of your writing.  Your fic is a good example of a story that can jump years ahead and still have good flow.

Originality/Plot: 23/25
Honestly, this plot is filled with originality.  Not once have I ever, in my 1.5 years on AFF, seen a plot like this.  Your plot is strong--now you just have to develop it.  The beginning is great, but what matters is how you carry out the fic.  I hope that you’ll create a fic that has a strong plotline, because you have everything you need already.

Enjoyment: 5/5
Your English is impressive.  Seeing someone write like this makes my heart happy.

Total: 92/100

General Comments:
Having read a few of your fanfics prior to this one, I honestly think that your writing is captivating.  At certain points in your fic, I can relate to it--for instance, the sandbox--and that makes the writing experience more enjoyable.  I realize that I haven’t updated in more than a month, so I greatly apologize for the long wait.