Never Together?

Unforgettable

Jessica frowned. Her long-term relationship with Jonghyun would just end like that?

"Unnie, it's alright. Only 4 years....then you can date Jonghyun oppa!" Seohyun reassured.

"Seohyun-ah, the training period's a lot longer than two years." Sooyoung informed her. Seohyun looked mortified and went away.

"Unnie, please don't be in pathos." Yuri insisted.

"Taengoo, how are you dealing with it? Yuri-ah, you? Sooyoungie? Yoonaaa?" Jessica asked, holding a table for support.

"We're thinking about the positive outcomes of this." Yoona said.

"Let's try. Unnie, if we can't do it, then..." Sooyoung looked at the others, unsure of what to say.

"We will!" Taeyeon exclaimed. She hugged Jessica tightly and whispered, "Together. We can still be friends with Jonghyun!"

Jessica nodded, feeling better.

~~~

"I wonder how Jessica is doing." Jonghyun sighed. He was taking the news better than Jessica. Like Jessica, however, he still was shocked.

"Hyung, it's be alright. You'll still be friends with her." Taemin smiled.

"Yah, Jonghyun, even the maknae is telling you to calm down. It's alright. We all are in this together! Hwaiting!" Onew encouraged, raising his fist.

Jonghyun nodded, still unsure.

Minho looked away from the group. It had only been 2 weeks since he and Yuri had been going out. However, they were already "spliting apart." It seemed unfair. They were never able to do things other couples had done before.

"You and I are the unlucky ones. We still haven't done anything with our women." Key chuckled.

"I know. I was just thinking that." Minho said.

"Don't worry. You two will still be best buddies." Key smiled at Minho. Minho nodded and began to text Yuri. He missed her sweet, gentle voice.

TO: My Yul

FROM: Minho

Jagiya~!!!

I miss you! Can I call you?

TO: Minho oppa

FROM: Yuri

Oppa! Ne, I'll call you. :)

Minho smiled as he read Yuri's response.

"Yeobo seyo?"

"Oppa! It's me!" Yuri shrieked with happiness.

"Yul, it's been a while since we've spoken. I've missed you." Minho gushed.

"Ne. I miss you too. But you've read the pamphlet, right?" Yuri asked.

"I have. Jonghyun hyung is not taking it well. How's Jessica noona?"

"She isn't so well either. How are you, oppa?" 

"I'm...." Minho was unable to express his feelings. It seemed as if he let Yuri go, a part of him would wither away. 

"Oppa?" Yuri spoke after the moment of silence.

"Yuri, I wish this did not happen. Do you want to ask if we can properly say good bye?"

"Oppa, it isn't goodbye. We'll still be together, since we're in the same company." 

"I know, but I mean as a couple."

"If we do this, we should do this for all our friends." Yuri grew quieter to prevent anyone from hearing her,

Minho's eyes twinkled with happiness. "NE!  That's excellent! It'll be great for Jonghyun hyung, Jessica noona, and of course us."

"Ne. I have to go, oppa. Annyeong." Yuri said, as she hung up.

"Annyeong." Minho sighed. This might be the last time he would talk to her on a phone. He looked at how he saved Yuri's number on his phone. 

"Baby Kwon...."Minho chuckled at the name and changed the contact name to Kwon Yuri. His bright smile faded when he remembered that this would mean that they officially broke up. 

~~~

"Hyung, annyeong haseyo." Minho bowed to Sungmin.

"Ah, annyeong. You're Minho, right?" Sungmin confirmed.

"Ne. Hyung, I have a question." Minho stated.

"What is it?" 

"Hyung, did you have a girlfriend before your trainee days?" 

"Ne. I did. I had to break up with her. It was painful, Minho, to be honest. There were days where I would eat nothing because I longed for her. However, you can say that I got over her. Don't worry, Minho. Even if you break up with your girlfriend, there's a chance you can continue dating after you become an idol." Sungmin smiled.

Minho nodded, thinking. "Hyung, my girlfriend is Kwon Yuri, a trainee who was selected along with me."

"Aigoo... then there is a higher chance for a dating scandal to occur if you start dating. That is alright. Heechul-ssi has been dating for a while now and he has not been caught." 

"Oh. So, should I say goodbye to her forever?"

"Aniyo. Stay hopeful, Minho."

"Ne. Also, hyung, can my friends and I have a proper moment where we 'break up' with our girlfriends?" 

"That's peculiar, but you kids are different than us. I can ask Hyuna-ssi. She is the manager of you guys, remember?" Minho nodded.

"She'll say yes." Sungming assured, waving to Minho.

Minho smiled to himself, satisfied with his accomplishment.