Sooyoung's Return

Unforgettable

Yuri woke up to Yoona looking into her face. She jumped, as Yoona laughed.

"Yah! Why did you do that?" Yuri demanded, as she glared at Yoona, who was unable to control her laughter.

"Key told me to tell you to meet you downstairs at 10. Also, you must have been really tired last night. You were so peacefully asleep, when I came into your room with Sica unnie." Yoona said.

Yuri smiled at the thought of Key. She stood up, made her bed, and stretched. She looked out the window to see dark gray clouds forming up in the sky. She smiled at the thought of the rain. Before she could wander into the bathroom, the dorm phone rang. She picked it up.

"Yeobo seyo?"

"Yuri-ah! It's me, Sooyoung." Sooyoung shouted.

"Unnie! I heard you were coming today afternoon. Why are you shouting?"

"Aniyo, I'm coming earlier, around 11:30. Umma told me to leave last night, so I can catch up with schoolwork. I'm shouting because it's loud here in the train."

"Oh. That's amazing! I can't wait!"

"Yul, I can't either!! You're eating, right? Remember that time you were so absorbed in your work, you didn't eat for a long time?"

"Ne. I'm eating. Yah, you're such a shikshin! I didn't eat for 3 hours! That's very normal!"

"No it isn't!!!!"

"Aiish. I can't argue with you right now. I have to go shower. See you soon." Yuri hung up and rushed to the bathroom. She took her time.

As she marched into the living room, she saw Taeyeon, Seohyun, Jessica, and Tiffany staring at her.

"Hi guys!" Yuri said cheerfully.

"Yuri, we have a test on our vocal exercises tomorrow. You should study after you meet up with Key." Tiffany said.

"I know. I've been studying for a while. You should study before Sooyoung unnie comes." Yuri replied.

"Uh...Yuri-ah, we have to go shopping sometime tomorrow. I need a dress." Jessica said.

"Sure! That'll be fun!"

"Umm....Unnie, can you help me with high notes after you meet up with Key oppa?" Seohyun asked.

Yuri answered, "Sure! I'd love to."

"Anyway, I have to go now. Bye!" She waved and left.

"Aigoo!!!! What do we do? Yuri will be a mess!!! And Sooyoung....what will she think?!?!? So complicated..." Taeyeon exclaimed, as soon as Yuri closed the door.

"Unnie, it's alright. All we have to do is make sure Key isn't too harsh on her. I'll text him now to remind him." Seohyun assured. Taeyeon smiled at her gratefully. Jessica put her hands against the back of her neck and walked around in worry. Tiffany sat and thought about the future of Yuri.

TO: Key Oppa

FROM: Seohyun

Oppa, Yuri unnie just left. Don't be too harsh on her! She's extra cheerful because of Sooyoung's return today! Hwaiting!^^

 

Key looked at the text and sighed. Now, he was even more frightened on what to tell Yuri. Suddenly, he spotted a light blue shirt walking towards him. Yuri, He wiped his hands on his jeans and encouraged himself.

"Yuri-ah!" Key ran to Yuri and gave her a quick hug and led her to a nearby bench.

"So, why did you tell me to meet you here?" She asked.

"Well, I was going to tell you the secret after we had some fun. But, since you want to know, I'll tell you now." Key nervously chuckled. Yuri smiled at him.

"Okay. Continue...."

"Kwon Yuri, I have commited one of the worst crimes I could ever do to a person like you. Last night, when you told me that I probably never did anything wrong, you were describing yourself perfectly. You are the kindest person I've ever met. But, I don't deserve you at all. I want to break up. Actually, I don't need to. I was never yours. You were NEVER mine!!!" Key said, looking down.

"Yah! Stop playing games!!! This isn't funny anymore!!!!"

"I'm not playing games, Kwon Yuri. I'm being serious." Yuri's eyes widened.

"Actually, I fell in love with Choi Sooyoung the minute I laid my eyes on her. She is so wonderful, funny, and adorable. I liked her. But I don't think she liked me back. So, I thought to myself, I can pretend to like you and then you would help me get Sooyoung. I wasn't thinking properly then. I never thought how much it would affect you. I'm sincerely sorry. I hope you understand. You can hate me if you want for the rest of your life. Please don't let Sooyoung know this. Sorry." Key looked away, as his eyes watered.

"Key, can you look at me?" Yuri asked. She stood up and Key looked into her eyes.

"First of all, congratulations. Sooyoung most likely does like you. Second of all, you should've told me this before you asked me out. I would have helped you without going through this trouble. Third of all, I should've known this was too good to be true. You said you didn't want to take pictures with me at the photo booth because you were tired. That's wrong. You didn't take any pictures because you didn't want to scar my first time at a photo booth with a fake boyfriend. I understand you completely, Key. But didn't you at least think a little before doing anything?" Yuri's lip began to tremble, as she quickly walked away.

While she was half-jogging half-walking, she collided into Minho.

"Yuri-ah, are you okay?" Minho looked down at her and gasped to see tears rolling down her cheek, like water running down a waterfall.

"Ne, I'm fine." She murmured and sprinted away from Minho. She burst into the dorm to see Sooyoung, She quickly wiped away her tears, thought it was no use, as everyone could see she had been crying.

"Unnie! It's been so long! I've missed you!" Yuri ran to Sooyoung and gave her a hug. Sooyoung looked at Yuri, concerned.

"Yul, what happened?" Sooyoung asked.

"What are you talking about?" Yuri asked with a fake smile, holding in her tears.

"You're about to cry. Let it out." Sooyoung said. Suddenly, Yuri began to cry. She cried like the time when she saw her mother pass away at the hospital. She cried like the time, when.... that was it. These were the only times she cried enormously.

"Yuri-ah, it's okay. We know what happened." Taeyeon reached out to hug Yuri.

"You didn't tell me?!?!?! I would have been much better, if you had told me. I trusted Key. I thought he thought before he acted. I understand that he was too eager, but still. A little thought would not have hurt. I have feelings, too." Yuri exclaimed in frustration. Taeyeon and the other girls gasped. Yuri was never like this before. They only saw the bright, cheerful Yuri who was always had an optimistic and energetic personality. They, then realized, this affected Yuri more than they thought it did. Yuri hid her pain behind many smiles.

"I'm going to go meet Key." Sooyoung whispered to Jessica. Jessica nodded.

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

So, what did you guys think? Pretty shocking, right? I feel so bad for Yuri....

Stay tuned for updates!