The Mall

Unforgettable

 

“Ready girls?” Jonghyun asked, as he turned his car on.

“Ne!” Jessica and Yuri said in unison. Jonghyun began to drive to the mall. In about 10 minutes, they reached the mall. The four got down from the car. Yuri took Key’s hand unknowingly and urged him to walk faster.

“Oppa, hurry up! I want to do something special first. Unnie, can you and Jonghyun oppa do something else? We’ll be right back. Let’s meet in 20 minutes at the food court.” Yuri pleaded.

“Sure, Yul. Come on Jjongie, let’s go buy couple accessories.” Jonghyun groaned at the thought of all the girly things Jessica would pick out. Jessica giggled and linked arms with him.

As KeyYul walked to the place Yuri was excited about, they looked around the mall.

“Yuri-ah, where are we going?” Key asked.

“It’s a surprise. Just wait and see.” Yuri smiled. Finally, they reached a photo booth.

“Here?!?!” Key shouted, shocked.

“Yes! You’re my first boyfriend. I’ve never taken pictures with someone in a photo booth and I want my first picture in a photo booth with you. Okay? Let’s go!” Yuri happily went inside the photo booth.

“Yuri-ah wait! I have to go somewhere.” Key sheepishly smiled.

“Where?” Yuri questioned. Key pointed to the restrooms and Yuri laughed. She sat on an adjacent bench, as he left.

Key walked away, looking down at the ground. He felt horrible. He was Yuri’s first boyfriend. That meant something for Yuri, not to him. She was his experiment. He felt bad that she actually thought that he liked her. He couldn’t hold on longer. He had to tell someone what his plan was. Who could he tell? He suddenly smiled and ran back to Yuri.

“ Yul, my head hurts. Can we take pictures another time? Let’s go buy couple things.” Key begged cutely.

“Fine.” Yuri cutely mocked anger as Key patted her head and put his arm around her shoulder. He wanted Yuri to first take a picture with her first REAL boyfriend. Maybe Minho could be that. Key thought. The couple walked into a store. After a few disagreements, they settled on identical bracelets. However, Yuri’s bracelet was white and Key’s bracelet was black.

Key checked the time. “Yuri! We have to go meet Jonghyun hyung and Jessica!” Yuri gasped and they began to run to the food court. Once they reached it, they searched around for Jonghyun and Jessica. Finally they were found, sitting a table near the water fountain drinking milkshakes.

 

“Hey guys! Sorry we’re late! We bought couple bracelets!” Key exclaimed, pointing to their bracelets.

“It’s alright! You want to get something to eat?” Jonghyun asked.

“Sure.” Key said. He dragged Jonghyun to the long line at the food court, as Yuri took his seat.

“Yah! Why did you bring me with you?” Jonghyun demanded.

“Hyung, I have a very big problem.” Key said.

Jonghyun’s face became serious. “What happened?” He asked.

“Well, you see, there is a reason for me asking Yuri out. The reason is not because I like Yuri. I like Sooyoung. I figured that Sooyoung would be jealous of me liking Yuri, so she would be mad at me. Then, I would tell her that I really liked her. I didn’t really think about Yuri’s feelings before. Today, though, Yuri asked me to take her first pictures in a photo booth with her. I was Yuri’s first boyfriend and she really took that as something special. If she finds out that I never really liked her, her heart will be broken. I feel very horrible right now. What do I do?” Key blurted out.

    “I see.” Jonghyun said. “Well, you have already gone this far. There’s no point in telling Yul the truth now. Just go along with your plan and confess to Sooyoung as quickly as soon as she returns. Jessica told me she may be coming the day after GHS Sing/Dance-Off. So, there’s not a lot of time. Don’t worry. Yuri will take it better than you expected, hopefully. She’s very understanding. Sometimes, I wonder though, if she only is going out with you to see if Minho would get jealous.”

Key laughed and exclaimed, “Yah! She probably is! She has a very special relationship with Minho. I thought she was going out with Minho when I first came to this school. They’re like best, best friends.”

“Ne. Sooyoung is a very awesome girl, by the way. She loves to eat and is very caring. I’m almost positive she likes you. Good luck, Kibum-ah.” Jonghyun smiled at him, as he walked up to order what he preferred.

At Yuri and Jessica’s table…

Yuri hummed while waiting for Key. Jessica smiled at her.

“Yul?” Jessica asked.

“Hm?” Yuri said, staring absentmindedly at the water fountain, spitting out water in different directions.

“Why are you going out with Key?” Jessica questioned.

“What do you mean why? Because I like him, of course.” Yuri smiled.

“No, you don’t. You love Minho. Anyone with a brain can see that.” Jessica mentioned. Yuri frowned at her.

Really? I love Minho? But he’s like an oppa to me. Yuri thought.

“Whatever. I’m happy with Key right now.” Yuri said. “He takes care of me so well.”

“I’ll be right back.” Jessica said. She wanted to see what was taking the two boys so long. She ran to them, but suddenly hid behind a plant when she heard Key talking about Yuri.

    “The reason is not because I like Yuri. I like Sooyoung. I figured that Sooyoung would be jealous of me liking Yuri, so she would be mad at me. Then, I would tell her that I really liked her. I didn’t really think about Yuri’s feelings before. Today, though, Yuri asked me to take her first pictures in a photo booth with her. I was Yuri’s first boyfriend and she really took that as something special. If she finds out that I never really liked her, her heart will be broken. I feel very horrible right now. What do I do?” She heard Key say. Her eyes grew wide. So this was his plan? She felt happy for Sooyoung, but what about Yuri? She believed that Key really liked her. Poor Yul….

She quickly took out her phone, but then put it back. Key might not want anyone to know about this. She decided to keep quiet and watch what happens.

She innocently walked back to Yuri who was focused on the fountain.

“Hey Yul!” Jessica spoke.

“Hi again. Where did you go?” Yuri questioned curiously.

“Oh. I went to the… bathroom.” Jessica uttered.

“Wow, everyone needs to use the mall bathroom today. Even Key oppa went today.” Yuri laughed.

“ Ne.” Jessica painfully looked away. Key might’ve made a huge mistake. Jessica thought.

“ Hey guys! We’re back!” Jonghyun grinned, sitting next to Jessica.

“Girls, you mean.” Jessica glared at him. He winked at her and she blushed.

“Key oppa! Did you show Jonghyun oppa our bracelets?” Yuri exclaimed excitedly.

“Ani. Here Jonghyun hyung. Aren’t they cool?” Key revealed.

“They’re awesome.” Jonghyun quietly said.

“Should we getting go, Key oppa?” Yuri asked. “Minho oppa and I have to practice our song one last time for our GHS Sing/Dance Off.” Key chuckled and nodded his head.

“You two can enjoy your alone time. See you!” Key and Yuri said, waving good-bye, as they went to catch a bus to the school.

Author's Note:

Hi! Hope everyone is doing well! Sorry for not updating sooner! What do you think of Key's plan?

Look forward to the next few chapters! They'll be very interesting.... ;)

Please comment for any suggestions!