The Message

Unforgettable

"Wait! Unnie!!!!" Yuri shouted from the dorm. She ran to Hyoyeon, who was quickly walking to avoid her dance teacher. She hadn't practiced her dance that much for the GHS Dance-Off and her teacher was going to ask her to show it to her.

“Unnie, instead of avoiding Teacher Shin, why not tell her the truth?” Yuri insisted.

“Aniyo, then she’ll think that I’m not interested in dance. I am! It’s just I’m busy lately with homework.” Hyoyeon sighed.

“Yuri-ah!” Someone called. Yuri turned around to see Key behind her.

“Oppa!” She grinned and gave him a small hug.

“Aigoo… my Yuri is looking a little prettier than usual today. Oh, and hey Noona(talking to Hyoyeon)!” Key complimented Yuri, slowly taking her hand.

“Hey Key! You guys are so adorable.” Hyoyeon smiled at them.

“Aww… thank you oppa!” Yuri shyly said, looking down at her black flats. Suddenly, Yuri’s phone began to ring. Her face lit up, as she picked up.

“Yeoboseyo?” Yuri asked into the phone.

“Yuri, this is your appa.” Yuri’s father said.

“Appa! I missed you so much!” Yuri happily exclaimed.

“I missed you too, my dear. How are you doing?”

“ Fine, appa. I’m doing great in school and JYP Entertainment recognized me for my vocals during the fall showcase!”

“Jjinja? I’m proud of you! How are your friends?”

“They’re good. Hyoyeon unnie says hi. Appa! I have a secret. I have a boyfriend.”

“Bwo?!?! You didn’t tell me? *pretends to be angry* How dare you, Kwon Yuri!!!”

“Joesonghabnida…I forgot to tell you. You’ll love him! He’s very very sweet and kind.”

“Aigoo… I was kidding, Yuri-ah. What’s the lucky guy’s name?”

“His name is Kim Kibum. Everyone calls him Key though. He opens his heart to everyone. That’s why we call him Key.”

“Wow. That’s wonderful. Okay, Yul, I must go now. Goodbye! Take care of yourself!”

“Bye appa!” Yuri put her phone back into her purse.

“Was that your appa?” Key asked.

“Yea!” Yuri replied.

“Key! Hyoyeon! Yuri!” A voice called to them. It was Minho.

“Yeah?” Hyoyeon yelled back.

“Come sit here!” Minho urged, pointing to the stairs behind him.

“Coming!” Key shouted. He took Yuri’s books, which Yuri reluctantly gave him. Hyoyeon walked in front of the couple, as they walked hand in hand.

“Hey Minho!” Key smiled at him.

“Hey.” Minho gloomily sat down on the stairs, after seeing Yuri and Key hand in hand.

“What’s wrong, oppa?” Yuri worriedly questioned.

“Nothing. I’m tired, actually.” He said.

“How was your date with Dara?” Hyoyeon asked. Minho had told everyone about the music room incident after he came to the dorm.

“Boring. Noona was too clingy. She asked me on another date. I said I was too busy.” Minho stated.

“Minho oppa, can we please practice our dance?” Yuri pleaded.

“Yes. I was hoping to do that sometime today.” Minho spoke.

“Let’s go then. Bye unnie, bye oppa!” Yuri declared, heading towards the music building. Minho waved good bye to Hyoyeon and Key and followed Yuri.

At the music room, after a few hours…

Yuri tiredly sat down on the shiny wood floor of the music room. Minho turned the fan on and then sat next to her.

“So, we got everything done, right? Clothes and everything?” Minho confirmed.

“Ne. All we do now is wait. Today is Monday. The GHS Dance-Off/Sing-Off is on Saturday. Only…5 more days! Omo, I’m so excited and nervous, of course.”

“Yah! You’ll do awesome! I’m sure of it!” Minho patted her head.

Yuri looked at him and thought, Why did I allow Key oppa to be my boyfriend?

“Ahem. Yuri. Your phone is beeping.” Yuri quickly took it out and stared at it.

“Oppa, who is this?” Yuri pointed to the unknown number that sent her a message on her phone.

“Yuri-ah… this is someone from 2NE1. You can tell by the 2121 at the end of the number. Every girl in 2NE1 has those four numbers at the end of their number.” Minho clarified.

“Oh. Why would 2NE1 text me? Let’s find out.” Yuri clicked on the text message.

TO: Kwon Yuri

FROM: Chae-rin

 Yuri,

   I just wanted to say I’m really sorry for what Dara, Minzy, and Bom did to you and your friends in the past few years. I’m truly sorry. If you noticed, I never wanted to hurt you guys and I never did. I wanted to be friends with you guys. But because of my wild fashion style, I could not. In the beginning year of GHS, I was walking towards you guys to make some friends. However, the three girls stopped me. They said they wanted to be friends with me. They made me leader and everything. I was happy. But I realized they were being mean to everyone, so I tried to stop them. They said they would tell everyone I use someone else’s voice in our performances that we did once in a while, if I stopped them and told the principal. I want to become a singer when I grow up, so I couldn’t. But now, I got an offer from YG Entertainment. So, I’m leaving. I’ll miss you guys. Bye! I didn’t tell 2NE1 that I left. I was afraid what they would say. I texted you because I know your number from Acting class. Please forward this to everyone.

                                                            Goodbye,

                                                                             Lee Chae-rin

 

“Aigoo…let me forward this to everyone. You know this so I won’t forward it to you, okay?” Yuri exclaimed, furiously forwarding it to everyone.

“Yes, don’t forward it to me.” Minho said.

TO: ALL(excluding Minho)

FROM: Yuri

Subject: Re: My Message to Everyone

Yuri,

   I just wanted to say I’m really sorry for what Dara, Minzy, and Bom did to you and your friends in the past few years. I’m truly sorry. If you noticed, I never wanted to hurt you guys and I never did. I wanted to be friends with you guys. But because of my wild fashion style, I could not. In the beginning year of GHS, I was walking towards you guys to make some friends. However, the three girls stopped me. They said they wanted to be friends with me. They made me leader and everything. I was happy. But I realized they were being mean to everyone, so I tried to stop them. They said they would tell everyone I use someone else’s voice in our performances that we did once in a while, if I stopped them and told the principal. I want to become a singer when I grow up, so I couldn’t. But now, I got an offer from YG Entertainment. So, I’m leaving. I’ll miss you guys. Bye! I didn’t tell 2NE1 that I left. I was afraid what they would say. I texted you because I know your number from Acting class. Please forward this to everyone.

                                                            Goodbye,

                                                                             Lee Chae-rin

 

~~

Jessica’s phone suddenly beeped. She ran to her dresser and hurriedly picked it up.

Why is Yul sending me a forward? She never does. Jessica thought, opening the text message. When she read it, her eyes grew wide.

 

Author's Note:

Hi! ^^

Sorry for not updating in a while! What do you think about this chapter?