The Winter Showcase

Unforgettable

The next day....

"UNNIE!!!! Today's the day of the showcase!!!" Seohyun yelled into Jessica's ear.

"Yah! I know, let me sleep!" Jessica pulled the covers over her head.

"Unnie, come on! Its 10:30! You have to get up, so we can choose what we're going to wear for our group performance." Seohyun urged.

Jessica groaned and got up.

Throughout the day, the girls and guys ran around the school, confirming their clothing for the performance, and speaking with the SM staff who would be watching their performance later that night.

Finally, there was only thirty minutes until the showcase began. Yuri nervously walked up the backstage stairs with her friends. Minho spotted them, and nudged Taemin, who was nearby. He saw Yuri walking towards him. He smiled at her and waved.She waved back and immediately changed her direction of walking towards him.

"Minho! When did you come here?" Yuri asked.

"Around five minutes ago. Anyways ,good luck!"

"You, too! Fighting!" Yuri grinned.

Soon, the winter showcase had begun. The girls, in addition to Sunny, Taeyeon's GHS partner, who had gotten close with the girls, were up first, so they stood behind the curtains, waiting for their names to be called.

"Hello all. Thank you for attending the GHS Winter Showcase. We hope to please you with our students' exceptional talent. Our first performance is "Into the New World" written and composed by Kwon Yuri." The principal, Mr.Nam, announced proudly.

The girls smiled at each other and went onto stage. Slowly, music began to play and the girls danced and sung their hearts out. The girls were in perfect synchronization in terms of dancing. Their singing was also on-key and praiseworthy. Fortunately, everything went right.

The song ended and the audience cheered loudly.

"Thank you girls. Please introduce yourself in age order."

Taeyeon walked up front and took the microphone.

"Annyeong haseyo, Kim Taeyeon imnida."

"Annyeong haseyo, Jessica Jung imnida."

"Annyeong haseyo, Lee Sunny imnida."

"Annyeong haseyo, Tiffany Hwang imnida."

"Annyeong haseyo, Kim Hyoyeon imnida."

"Annyeong haseyo, Choi Sooyoung imnida."

"Annyeong haseyo, Kwon Yuri, imnida."

"Annyeong haseyo, Im Yoona imnida."

"Annyeong haseyo, Seo Joo Hyun imnida." Seohyun handed the mic to Mr.Naminally, they were able to go backstage.

The boys immediately went to congratulate them. Each boy went to his girlfriend as expected, but Minho since he did not have one officially. He awkwardly congratulated Sunny and she thanked him and left to see her own friends. He saw Yuri standing alone, staring at the GHS symbol on the wall. He put his cowardice aside and walked up to her.

"You sang and danced really well." Minho said.

"Thank you." Yuri said. "I'm so nervous though! What if I didn't do well enough?"

"There is no doubt you did amazing, Yul!?"Minho assured her.

Yuri nodded and said she would go get a drink of water. Walking a few steps backward, Yuri tripped over a shoe and almost fell. Minho caught her just before she could take a hard blow.

"Yul, you have to be careful." Minho warned. Around them, Jonghyun and the others whistled and cheered and Minho quickly let go of Yuri and Yuri blushed.

After some performances, it was the boys' turn. They confidently walked onto stage and waited for their song to start.

All five of the boys showed lots of stage charisma with their song, "Noona Neumo Yeppeo" or "Replay". They swooned the hearts of the girls,especially the noonas. Their vocals were perfect, as was their dancing. Once the song ended, they took a bow.

"Thank you. Please introduce yourself now, in age order." Onew took the MIC and introduced himself, followed by Jonghyun, Key, Minho, and Taemin.

As soon as they stepped backstage, Jessica and Yuri came running to them and congratulated them.

"That was amazing! Your song was so good!" Yuri and Jessica said in unison.

"Thanks." Taemin said cooly.

After settling down and relaxing for an hour, watching the performances, it was time for the duets. First up was Key and Sooyoung with "Maybe". Yuri eagerly looked at the television screen at the two.

Their voices complemented each other very well and they received a large appaluse after they concluded.

After Key and Sooyoung, was Onew and Jessica. The two had prepared a lot for their song, "One Year Later" and it was evident. Onew's sweet yet powerful voice went well with Jessica's feminine and strong voice. Her high note was pitch perfect, as well. After they had ended, they also were applauded loudly.

Yuri suddenly got up and left the room. Yoona, noticing her, followed. Yuri headed into the girls' bathroom and took out her lyrics for her solo.

"Yul? Are you in here?" Yoona called from outside the door. Yuri jumped.

"Ne. You can come in." Yuri said.

"Why are you here, all alone?"

"I'm nervous Yoong. What if I do poorly?"

"Yuri, calm down. Take a deep breath. You will do well. Remember, what Lee seon-saeng nim told us? Pretend  no one is in the room. Just relax."  Yoona advised.

Yuri took a deep breath and closed her eyes.

"Thank you, Yoona! You're the best!" Yuri hugged Yoona. Yoona laughed and they walked out of the bathroom.

"Yuri-ssi, you have to change! You're up next!" Sunny said.

"Ne. See you later Yoong!" Yuri said, hurrying after Sunny.

"Good luck Yuri!" Yoona wished.