Vocal Test

Unforgettable

The sun began to brighten up the morning sky and Yuri watched as the sun rise. Her head hurt terribly, but she had a vocal test today, that would determine a quarter of her grade. She wasn't about to sleep throughout the night either. So, she pondered over her test and Minho, and finally sat on her bed, watching the sunrise from her window. Soon, she began to get ready, with a sudden pain in her stomach.

Yuri sighed and went to the kitchen, looking for something to eat. Seohyun walked out of her room, as well, as she always woke up this early. 

"Unnie, you're up early today." Seohyun commented, looking at Yuri leaning against the counter. 

"Ne. My head hurts, and I couldn't sleep." Yuri said.

"Here, take a pill." Seohyun suggested, handing Yuri a pill that would decrease the headache. "Is it your time of the month?" 

"Aniya. It was last week. It's alright. I'll be fine." Yuri said."I'm going to the courtyard." 

"Be. Feel better!" Seohyun wished Yuri, as she left. 

~~~~

Yuri took a deep breath. Her headache was unstoppable now. She stopped by a bench near the school building and sat down. Her small hands clutched her head and rested on her knees, as she bent over.

"Aiish. What kind of morning am I having?" Yuri expressed to herself. She took out a book and began to read.

Suddenly, a pair of hands covered her eyes. Yuri picked her hands up and felt the hands. 

"Oppa! Stop it! I'm reading!" Yuri exclaimed in frustration.

"Yah, how did you know it was me? And why so grumpy?" Minho chuckled and ruffled Yuri's hair, taking a seat next to her. 

"You're the only one who does that and my head hurts for some reason. I'm fine though." Yuri said, looking at Minho's concerned face. 

"You're not fine. Why are you sitting here alone?" Minho said.

"I just felt like having some peace. It was nice, until you came." Yuri teased.

Minho pouted and put his head on Yuri's shoulders. Yuri blushed, her book dropping onto her lap.

"Yah, stop it. I'm trying to concentrate." 

"Ani. You like this don't you?" Minho smiled. Yuri rolled her eyes and the morning turned out to be better. 

~~~~

"Lee Taemin, please come on up. You're going to sing up from the lowest octave to the highest. Do as much as you are able to." Mr.Kang announced. Yuri nervously clutched her books, closing her eyes once in a while. 

Suddenly a strong pain struck her stomach and she clutched it tightly, hitting the chair she was sitting in. Taeyeon looked up from her notes noticing the noise. She saw Yuri biting her lip and immediately went to her side. 

"Kim Taeyeon, please take a seat." Mr.Kang said, turning to look at her. He rushed to Yuri when he saw her. 

"What's wrong?" Mr.Kang asked.

"I don't know...my head hurts terribly." Yuri weakly replied.

"I see...Class is dismissed early today. The remaining vocal tests will take place tomorrow." Mr.Kang announced, leading Yuri to the clinic.

Taeyeon, Onew, Jonghyun, Sooyoung, Taemin, and Key followed her and Mr.Kang, as they scurried to the clinic. 

~~~~

"So, what's wrong?" Yuri asked, laying on the cot, as the doctor instructed her.

"Well, Kwon Yuri, you are overworking and are putting too much stress on yourselves. I've noticed that your vocal cord is weak. It may become damaged if you constantly practice your high notes. Please rest your voice for a few days. You should be fine, fortunately." The doctor informed Yuri seriously.

"Ne. I have a question, however. My friend, Jessica-ssi, she practices more than I do, yet she has no problems. Why is that?" Yuri inquired.

"Everyone is different. Jessica's body is able to manage more and her body is stable."

Yuri nodded, and soon left. Worried faces surrounded her as she stepped out of the patient room.

"Yuri, what happened?" Sooyoung questioned.

"Nothing. I just need to rest my vocal cords for a few days. The doctor said that I'm overworking myself. Don't worry. I'm fine." Yuri assured, smiling brightly.

"Good. We were worried." Onew said.

"Now, let's get going!" Yuri said, dragging Taeyeon with her.

Author's Note:

Annyeong! Sorry for the short update!

How was this chapter?

Please continue commenting and upvoting!