Byun Baekhyun

This Thing Called Love

“What did she told you?” Chanyeol wiggled his brows while grinning ear to ear.

Baekhyun sighed and rolled his eyes.

“She said ‘Don’t talk to me. Get lost.’” he tried to imitate your voice with a blank expression.

“WHAHAHAHAHA!” EXO K burst out on laughing.

The kingkas are spending their lunch at the cafeteria. They were laughing at Baekhyun's misery at the moment which caused the other girls to giggle at their dorkiness.

“That… was the famous line!” Chanyeol still can’t stop laughing.

“Ugh… shut up guys.” Baekhyun was pissed. He just ignored his friends and continued to eat his food.

 

During the next day Baekhyun was running to the hospital where he usually comes.

“Doc… I’m.. here.” he was panting hard. He just barged in to his doctor’s clinic. Currently he was late for school, he’s in a hurry to get to the hospital.

“Did you run Baekhyun?” Dr. Kim, a man in his mid-30’s asked him.

“I’m late.. for school.” he was still panting.

“Aigoo… you shouldn’t be running.” Dr. Kim scolded him.

“Mianhae.” Baekhyun sat on a comfy chair.

Dr. Kim let out his stethoscope as Baekhyun slightly ed his blazer and the collared shirt beneath it.

He putted the stethoscope’s earpiece on his ears as he placed its chestpiece on Baekhyun’s bare chest.

“Your heart is beating really fast. It’s not in its normal rate.” he warned Baekhyun.

“Mianhae doc. I-I’ll avoid to run again next time.” Baekhyun hung his head down low.

“You make sure you do that. No running, playing sports or anything that will make you exhausted. You have a weak heart son. Your heart can’t take it when it beats too fast.”

“I know doc. I’ll take care of myself more.” he answered.

“Here.” Dr. Kim picked some medicine on his medicine storage.

“Drink these, it’ll make you feel better.” he handed him two tablets for Baekhyun to drink.

Baekhyun immediately put the medicine on his mouth and got some bottle of water inside his bag.

“Thanks doc. I’ll be heading to school now. See ya tomorrow!” Baekhyun waved at Dr. Kim.

“Don’t forget to drink your other medicines later!” Dr. Kim reminded him.

“I will! Bye!” Baekhyun beamed and left the clinic.

Baekhyun usually visits the hospital for an everyday check-up before he goes to school. Unfortunately Beakhyun has a weak heart, he often got admitted to the hospital when he was a kid.

For 19 years of living, Baekhyun hasn’t experienced playing outdoor games, basketball, soccer etc. even though he badly wants too.

Whenever he attempts to play it he ends up at the hospital for a month.

 

Baekhyun has reached Seoul academy. He was heading to his locker when he saw Sora picking her books at her locker which is just beside his.

He went to her to have a little chat. This time he’s trying to become friends with her.

“Hey!” Baekhyun beamed while leaning his back at his locker.

Sora shut her locker really hard as she recognized Baekhyun’s voice.

“Didn’t I tell you to not talk to me?” she glared at him.

“What if I want to?”

Sora ignored him and started to walk away from him.

When Sora was slowly fading away from Baekhyun’s sight he quickly followed her from behind.

“Stop following me.” she said as she heard footsteps behind her. She was still not letting her eyes off the hall way.

“We have the same first and second class. Let’s walk togather.”

“No.” she walked faster.

Baekhyun stopped his tracks. He was panting already.

*Does this girl really want to kill me?* he held his chest to feel his heartbeat.

Sora was still walking until she reached class, leaving Baekhyun through the hallways.

 

“Okay class, today we will have volleyball. Students will be group into six members. It’ll—“ Sora’s P.E teacher announced. Before she can continue Baekhyun knocked and entered the room.

“Mr. Byun, you’re late.” she crossed her arms and tapped her feet.

“Sorry ma’am.” he sheepishly said.

“Go to your seat.”

Baekhyun obeyed and took a seat at the second row somewhere far from Sora and jus bowed his head from embarrassment.

“As I was saying’ she continued. “It’ll be your choice to pick the members of your group. Now, pick your members. I’m only giving you ten minutes. Chop Chop!” she clapped her hands as a sign for students to start working.

 

Ten minutes has passed everyone got their groups except for Sora and for a certain someone.

“Time’s up! Who doesn’t have a group yet?” the P.E teacher asked.

Sora and Baekhyuin raised their hands.

“Oh, Mr. Byun and Ms. Lee.” she puts a hand on her chin.

“Mr. Byun is excused. He won’t be participating for today’s activity. And as for Ms. Lee… May I know who needs another member in their group?”

A group of five girls raised their hands.

“Ms. Lee you’ll be joining with Ms Jung and the others.”

Sora just stared at the window but she clearly heard what her teacher said.

“We’re paired up with that Sora girl.” Krystal rolled her eyes.

“There’s no choice Stal. We’re missing another member.” Sulli said.

“Whatever. I don’t like her. She think she’s all that.” Krystal rudely said.

“Let’s make her embarrass today like what we always do to others.” Victoria suggested.

“Already planning on that.” Krystal smirked.

The queenkas of the school, also known as f(x) was planning to make Sora’s day miserable. Not just for today, but for the rest of the year.