Roses

This Thing Called Love

 

Sora went straight back to her house. All that Baekhyun told her made her heart sank and it broke into a million pieces. She went to the guess room where her grandparents are staying then saw her grandmother packing her things up to her luggage.

“Y-you’re going already?” Sora said with a shaking voice.

Mrs. Lee stopped packing and looked at her crying granddaughter.

“Omo! Why is my baby crying?” she immediately gave Sora a bear hug and lends her inside the room to have a sit with her on the bed.

“Umma, please take me with you to Canada. I don’t want to live in this place anymore.” Sora continued sobbing.

Mrs. Le sighed. “We only booked two plane tickets dear plus there’s no more available seats in the airplane at this time around.” she continuously the child’s hair.

Sora hung her head down low and kept wiping her tears.

“Korea must be giving you a hard time.” Mrs. Lee clicked her tongue as she placed Sora’s head on her shoulders. “After your high school graduation, I promise to bring you back to Canada so you can think and relax there.” she decided.

Mrs. Lee rubbed the child’s arm and tucked her hair behind her ear that was covering her face.

“And when you’re healed already… We’ll comeback in Korea and start a new life.”

 

 

A month has passed quickly and Baekhyun had already dropped school in the middle of the final semester due to his continuous absence in school.

It was already the senior’s graduation day. Sora has received a lot of awards despite being ranked number 47 last semester, she was able to claim back the number 1 position on the final grading.

Sora’s grandparents also came to her special day and they were honored to awards their grandchild numerous medals.

“Congrats hyungs and Sora noona!” Sehun beamed.

“We’ll graduate next year too. We’ll catch up with you in universities.” Kai said with pride.

“Yeah, yeah we’ll be waiting for the evil maknaes.” Chanyeol ruffled their hair.

Suho on the other hand shifted his attention to Sora and ruffled her hair as well. “We’ll miss you kiddo.”

“Sorry for avoiding you guys for the past month.” she gave them an apologetic look.

“It’s alright… we’ll really miss you.” D. O said.

“Come back to Korea with tons of presents for us ok?” the happy virus said. “Also bring Canadian girls, Kris hyung won’t let us introduce to one of his chics.” he jokingly added.

“Idiot.” D.O smacked his head making all of them laugh.

“Over all… we’ll really miss you noona.” Sehun smiled.

“Thanks for the memories.” Kai continued.

“GROUP HUG!” Chanyeol beamed and dragged everyone with a tight group hug.

After breaking the group hug, the boys gave Sora a bouquet of flowers. Although they gave the flowers personally for her they denied that it’s from them. All they said was that she should just take it and cherish it until she gets home.

 

Arriving at home after a huge celebration and a tiring day, Sora threw her body to her bed and gazed at the bouquet of flowers that she was holding.

“If this isn’t from the boys… then who could give me this?” she asked herself still staring at it. “Not to mention that person didn’t even have the guts to give it to me personally.”

Sora sniffed at the bouquet of roses then suddenly a piece of envelope dropped right at her face.

“What the..” she picked up the envelope and sat up.

“What’s this?” she flipped the envelope and found ‘Lee Sora’ written on the back of it.

She was curious about who gave this to her, she opened the white envelope and a letter was inserted in it.

 

Lee Sora,

                4 months of dating you was the best thing that happened in my life. Even if 4 months wasn’t that long, I cherished every single second with you. Forget all the things I said to you after we broke up. I never wanted to break up with you in the first place. I still love you Sora. I just needed to make an awful decision because of my condition. My heart is slowly decreasing its heart rate and I have a hard time breathing already. I don’t want to hurt you because of my heart problem that’s why I need to be separated to you before it’s too late.

Reading half way, she can already feel pain inside her. *What’s he talking about?*

 

                The truth is, me and Krystal never dated. The rumors were a lie. She was the only person who I can open up with at that time. I can’t tell you anything in the past because you’ll just worry about me and I don’t like seeing you like that. I never wanted to be a burden to you.

 

*You were never a burden..* Sora thought.

 

Princess, I need to tell you something…

                By the time you read this I might be at America already. I’m sorry for not telling you ahead of time. It was a sudden; I didn’t expect that the surgeons would lend me to a more professional doctor in the U.S. So in this letter I have to tell you everything that I’ve been keeping in myself for a month.

 

                Thank you for everything. Thank you for teaching me what love really is. When I was in middle school I promised myself that before I give myself away, I want to experience this thing I haven’t experienced in my entire life yet, that is, this thing called “love”. I have once loved someone who didn’t return me the love I gave her. But you, you showered me with it. Your sincerity that I fell in love with, you, yourself made my heart skip a beat. I love that feeling with you that’s why I never wanted to let go of you, but sadly I have to.

                I’m sorry for being a jerk and I’m sorry for making our fights a lot worse than it should be. I’m sorry that I can’t love you eternally.

               

*Baek..* Sora’s tears started to fall.

 

                Secondly, did you know how many times Dr. Kim had mention me about you? During my early days with him you don’t know how many times he mentioned his long lost daughter and how he wished he can find her. 15 years to be exact, he kept searching for you. Sora, everyone deserves a second chance right? Everyone deserves a happy family, including you. I’m not rushing you but he deserves to be called “father” by you. He’s really a good person and he needs forgiveness from his daughter. Don’t worry, take your time, and think wisely.

Lastly,

Princess I love you.

There’s no reason to be sad because you have EXO to make you smile through communication, you’ll have new friends in Canada while I’m gone. Even if I may not return anymore… Even if I may not live anymore… I’ll miss you. You can replace me if you want, all that matters is that guy should be stay by your side until you grow old. I’m entrusting him to take care of you and never break your heart.

I’m happy where you’re happy.

It hurts letting you go because I really love you, I love you more than you love me.

But this is goodbye.

‘Till fate meet us again.

I’ll be waiting for you.

Thank you again for being my everything. I’ll never forget you.

-          Byun Baekhyun