Dr. Kim

This Thing Called Love

“Princess, Dr. Kim wants to meet you after class at his clinic.”

 

Another day has passed and Sora was walking endlessly on her way to the city’s hospital where Dr. Kim’s clinic is located.

She didn’t know why Dr. Kim needs to talk to her. Both of them just talked once when she found Baekhyun wandering around the hospital the other time but nonetheless she knows that they’ll not talk about something serious or anything.

Arriving at the certain hospital, Sora went up to the floor where Baekhyun told her Dr. Kim’s clinic is.

As she was standing in front of the clinic she carefully opened the door and found Dr. Kim reading some paper works on his desk.

“Oh, Lee Sora?” he called out.

Sora nodded.

“Please come in!” Dr. Kim stood up and offered the seat in front of his desk.

Sora entered the room silently and took a seat across him.

“Baekhyun told me that you need to talk to me?” she asked formally.

“Ah yes, don’t worry it’s nothing serious. I just want to know you better.”

Sora just remained her poker face. She was expecting Dr. Kim would say that.

“So, may I know what’s your relationship with Baekhyun?” Dr. Kim said as he finally hid his papers inside the drawers.

“We’re friends.”

Dr. Kim smiled. “You must be a special friend to him am I right?”

Sora tilted her head trying to understand what he meant about ‘special friend’.

“It all started just a few months ago when he began to talk about this very well-known girl in school. He always talked about how mean and a snob she is and how she gets easily annoy because of him. He’s been talking about this Lee Sora whom he found very interesting and I was very curious who this girl was until he introduced you as his friend.”

After hearing those from Dr. Kim, Sora’s face redden but somehow her heart sank when Baekhyun only see her as a friend.

“Sora-sshi, now that I was given an opportunity to talk to you. Can you tell me about yourself like… your family?” Dr. Kim raised a brow.

“I was raised by my grandparents. My mom died when I was 3 and I never knew anything about my father, even his name.” she lowered her head trying to not cry at the moment.

“I-I’m sorry about that..” Dr. Kim sincerely said.

“It’s ok Dr. Kim, it already happened. There’s nothing that I can do about it anymore.” Sora flashed a fake smile.

“How about your grandparents? How are they today?”

“Their fine. They’re doing their company business at Canada. I was sent here in Korea after my middle school graduation.”

“They have a company in Canada?” his eyes widen. “Perhaps, your grandparents own the Lee Company?”

“Ne..”

*So the results weren’t a lie.* Dr. Kim didn’t know what to do next. Flashbacks were coming back, it was when he was still on his middle school days when he met the most beautiful girl he has ever seen, the time when they were officially together and the moment when he accidentally made her pregnant.

“May I know the name of your mother?” he asked immediately.

Sora blinked twice before opening .

 

“Lee Miyun.”

 

Flaskback~

Back in Kim Hyunki’s(Dr. Kim) 1st year of high school. Hyunki and his beloved girlfriend were sitting and watching other students play soccer in the school’s field.

“Jagiya~ Let’s go on a date I’m bored.” Hyunki pouted.

“But we still have classes oppa!”

“Who cares about classes? They’re just plain and boring plus I never understand anything what the teacher’s teaching us.” he absurdly stood up and grabbed his girlfriend’s wrist dragging her outside the school.

The two spend their whole time at the park talking to each other and eating up some street foods.

It was already dawn Hyunki’s girlfriend wanted to go home already but he still wants to hang out with her so he dragged her on a Karaoke bar, singing their souls out and drank lots of soju.

Both of them were drunk at that time. A waiter offered them a room inside the bar and the two carelessly went in and unconsciously did something inside. You guys already know what happened xD

 

 

“Oppa, I’m pregnant.”

Hyunki remained silent. Seeing his girlfriend in his house announcing she’s pregnant made him astonished.

“Who’s the father?” he blankly asked.

“Y-You’re the father oppa. We’ll be having a family already.”  she sheepishly smiled.

Hyunki looked at her in disbelief. “What the hell! MIYUN, YOU KNOW THAT I’M NOT READY TO BE A FATHER YET. I’M STILL A STUDENT, I CAN’T TAKE CARE OF A CHILD WHILE STUDYING.”

“But o-oppa!”

“I-I’m sorry Miyun-ah. But I can’t be a father yet I’m really sorry..”

 

 

Years have passed and Hyunki just graduated high school. After the graduation he and his family went back home to take a rest and celebrate afterwards.

“Yah, hyung have you seen the news?” Hyunki’s younger brother asked.

“What about it?” Hyunki said with a bored tone.

“It’s about Lee Miyun, your ex-girlfriend. The news said that the Lee’s only daughter committed suicide at the age of 19!”

Hyunki’s looked at his brother with wide eyes as he heard the recent news from him. “L-Lee Miyun.. committed what?!”

End of flashback~

 

Dr. Kim looked at Sora, it was just like he was only staring at his former girlfriend. Even though Miyun and Sora weren’t exactly look alike, Dr. Kim can still see a strong resemblance between them.

*Could it be, this child is…

 

 

 

my daughter?*