Dance Competition

This Thing Called Love

“NOONA I MISS YOU!!!!” Sehun yelled, running towards Sora.

Finally after 3 days of camping the 3rd year students arrived back to the school. They were given one whole day to rest after the camping so the next day they’ll be able to have the energy to go back to school. But not for Sora, she was still tried from the activities that were held in the camp. Never did she experience such horrible and exhausting things that the camp leader would order her to do.

Sehun embraced his noona very tightly. He missed her so much, not only her but also his hyungs as well although he doesn’t want to show his affections to them since majority of them will pull the hug not longer than 2 seconds.

Sehun pulled the hug and gazed at Sora. “Noona, you make me wait so long.” He whined.

“It’s only 4 days Sehun. I bet you have some quality time with Kai.”

“Nah, Kai’s a meanie. He doesn’t want to play with me or even buy me bubble tea!” he continued to complain.

“Don’t worry we’ll buy bubble tea after class. Sounds good to you?” she gave him a sweet smile trying to convince him.

Sehun’s facial expression brightened. “Very good!” he beamed.

Sora patted Sehun’s head and pinched his cheek afterwards.

D.O awkwardly coughed from behind while looking at the two being touchy to each other. “We’re here too in case you didn’t notice.”

“I know, you guys don’t like skinships. So I decided to hug noona instead.”  Sehun stick his tongue out.

“Yah Sehun-ah, class is about to start.” Kai shouted from the other side.

Sehun turned his head around and signaled Kai that he’ll catch up with him.

“Gotta go noona and…” he let his face closer to Sora’s ear. “Kai missed you too.”

“SEHUN!”

“Coming!”

Sehun bid his goodbye to Sora and EXO K and went off to Kai who has the same class as him.

“Let’s go back to class too shall we?” Suho asked the group.

Everyone nodded their heads and followed the leader from his back.

*My cheeks are puffier than Sehun’s. Why won’t she pinch mine instead?* Baekhyun blew air in his cheeks.

 

 

Dance classes were usually boring to Sora. All of the steps taught to them were just a ‘piece of cake’ to her. The class wasn’t that challenging to her. Students admire her on how she dances very gracefully with not much of an effort.

“Class, there will be a dance contest in school this coming December. I have already picked the contestants though so you guys better listen up.” The dance teacher proclaimed.

Everyone started murmuring and whispering wondering who’ll be the chosen ones.

Basically, dance competitions were a big deal to the students. The winners will get a big amount of additional plus points on their low grades plus 50,000 won to the first placer.

“Kim Hyoyeon, Lee Taemin, Song Victoria, Park Jimin, Jung Krystal and lastly….”

Heart beats began to beat faster. Some of the students were nervous and some were hoping that they’ll be the one who’ll be called next.

“Lee Sora.”

Sora blinked her eyes and raised her hand. “Can I not participate this year’s competition?”

“No Ms. Lee. It’s already decided by the dance teachers and the list should be ruined at this time and we already have assigned partners to the chosen students from the 2nd year.” The dance teacher answered.

Everyone gasped at the statement that their teacher told them. 2nd year and 3rd year students collaborating? Sounds interesting.

“You may now enter the room.”

On cue 5 students came inside the dance studio and stood beside the instructor.

Their faces were unfamiliar until Sora gazed at the boy in the middle.

 

Kim Jongin.

 

“Looks like Kai’s joining this year’s contest.”  a boy who was behind Sora said.

“This is going to be a tough one.” his friend said.

After announcing the partners, the teacher let the contestants talk to each other about their concept and the song that they’ll be using in the competition.

“So what’s our concept?”

“I thought you were going to decide on that?”

“Why me?”

“Then why me?”

“You’re older.”

“You’re better at dancing.”

“At least you know.” Kai smirked.

Sora rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. “Whatever, I want to change partners.”

“Wae? You don’t want me to be your partner?” he raised a brow.

“Yes. I thought you were against this too.”

“Well…” Kai rested his head on his palm. “I badly want to win this and I heard you’re the top of your class so…” he gazed at her. “If I’m paired up with you, we’ll definitely win. I’m a hundred percent sure about this.”

 

“Don’t you agree…  noona?”

 

 

 

“Yah.. did you know?”

“About what?”

“Kai and the Lee Sora are paired up in the dance competition?”

“Eh? Jinjja?! Omo! What a great combination.”

“They’ll win for sure!”

Students at the corridor were talking about the dance contest until now, non-stop. Apparently Baekhyun was just around the corner arranging his things in his locker, overheard the conversation and decided to approach the students.

“Who’s competing in the competition?” he asked.

A guy looked astonished to see him suddenly barging in their chat and answered immediately. “K-Kai and Sora?” he stuttered.

“Sora? You mean Lee Sora and Kim Jongin?” he asked again to clarify himself.

The students nodded their head.

“Ahh..” Baekhyun was feeling rather uncomfortable. “Thanks.”

He quickly walked off and headed towards his next class leaving the students wondering what’s gone into him.

*Sora and Kai?* he sighed. *I wish I could dance so I’ll be her partner instead.*