Confused

This Thing Called Love

Baekhyun’s POV

“I like you Byun Baekhyun”

 

I heard Sora said those last night. I was really sleepy that time but I was still able to hear her confession.

It was unexpected. I mean, I never knew that she has feelings for me. No wonder I always find her blushing whenever I get nearer to her. No wonder she’s acting strange lately. I never thought that she actually has feelings for me. But… I don’t know what to do, she’s only a friend and until now Sunyoung’s still the one in my heart.

I opened my eyes and found myself hugging Sora. Our faces were facing each other just like last night when we played the truth game.

I admit Sora’s really really really pretty when I first saw her. No, her face wasn’t the reason why I wanted to be friends with her it’s because I have this feeling that she needed someone, and I was right.

I tucked a strand of hair covering her face behind her ear and released a deep breath.

“Princess, you made me a lot more confused.” I whispered. “I like you as well.. only as a friend.  But… I don’t know… “ I messed up my hair in frustration.

“I’ll think about it.”

True, Sora’s just a friend but when I’m with her I feel at ace like those times when me and Sunyoung are still together. I feel like I want to hold her hand always to make sure she feels safe around me. I want to hug her whenever she’s down or crying. I want to sing her a song to make her smile and forget about all those pain.

I’m confused, I still love Sunyoung but I think I have also feelings for Sora.

Is it possible to love two people at the same time? But why am I addressing Sora as just a friend if I have ‘feelings’ for her?

 

I don’t know.

 

I’m really confused.

 

Sora’s eyes slowly opened and looked at my eyes.

 “What’s with the long face” she asked.

Am I frowning? “I-it’s nothing!” I faked a smile.

Sora avoided my gaze and slightly blush. “About last night…”

“What about it?” I pretended not to know about the game we played.

“D-did you remember anything about it?” she stuttered. She was nervous, I can tell.

I let out a small laugh. “All I remember is you laughing at my embarrassing stories.”

Her eyes drifted to mine with a slight happiness in her face. “That’s all?”

“Yeah…” I lied.

“You didn’t hear my answer to your last question?”

“What last question?” I was trying my best to show her that I don’t remember a single thing about the last question I gave her.

“Nothing.” she smiled.

Why is she so relieved that I didn’t hear her answer? Doesn’t she want me to hear her confession?

“What time is it?” she asked.

I grabbed my phone in my pocket and looked for the time.

“It’s exactly 5AM” I replied.

Sora’s eyes gone wide and hastily sat up from bed.

“GET OUT!” she yelled.

Before I knew it, Sora literally kicked me out of her tent. LITERALLY. My ’s hurt from that powerful kick of hers. Damn it, didn’t know this girl has some strong legs.

I peeked back in her tent with furrowed eyebrows. “Yah! What was that for?”

“What if the teachers find us together in here?! They’ll think we did something last night!” she pushed my face outwards and came out of her tent pushing me back to my tent.

Once that I’m at the boys’ tent she stormed off her feet and didn’t even glanced back at me.

 

Author’s POV

Around 8AM everyone has already gotten their feet off their beds and proceeded to the next activity. The 3rd year students lined up to the nearest lake facing to their camp leader.

“Today’s activity is fishing. Each and every one of you are going to do this activity whether you like it or not. All of you need is to catch at least one fish, if you don’t catch any that means no lunch for you.” the camp leader strictly said.

Some of the students groaned from the said activity.

*I don’t know how to fish* Sora mentally face palmed. *I’ll definitely fail this activity*

 

Everyone were on their places already near the lake ready to catch some fish while Sora was just staring at her rod that she was holding.

*How do you use this thing?* she asked herself still gazing at it.

Baekhyun on the other hand was with his friends waiting for a fish to bite his bait.

“What’s Sora doing?” D.O asked looking at the other direction.

“Why is she only staring at her rod?” Chanyeol said.

“Maybe she doesn’t know how to fish?” Suho commented.

Baekhyun looked at Sora as well wondering what she’s doing. 

“What the heck is she doing?” he mumbled.

“Kyungsoo, can you hold to my rod for a while? I’ll just do some business.” Baekhyun said as he handed over his rod to D.O.

Baekhyun headed to Sora and grabbed her rod.

“What the he—“

Baekhyun raised his brow.

“Oh, it’s you.” Sora blankly said. “What do you want?”

“Why are you only staring at you rod?” he send her back her signature look, the poker face.

“I-it’s none of your business!” she said with an angry face.

“Just admit it, you don’t know how to fish right?”

Sora crossed her arms and scoffed. “What if I say yes?”

Baekhyun returned the rod to Sora and went behind her placing his arms around her’s.

“Hold your rod like this..” Baekhyun began to teach Sora which caused the other girls to watch from afar.

 

“Omo look at those two! So cute!”

“They look good together!”

“Kyahhh!! Baekhyun oppa’s such a gentleman!”

 

“Stal, look at those two.” Sulli nudged Krystal.

Krystal eyed on the two and went towards Baekhyun and Sora with stomping feet.

Half way, suddenly Luna and Amber stopped Krystal from going where she’s heading.

“Stal, the camp leader wants us to get more rods for the other students!” Luna grabbed her wrist.

“Yeah c’mon, don’t want the camp leader to keep waiting right?” Amber took Krystal’s other wrist.

“W-what? I don’t want to—“

“C’mon Krystal~” the two sang in unison as they drag her away from Baekhyun and Sora.

 

“Just wait for a fish to bite your bait and pull your rod once a fish bite it, arasseo?” Baekhyun already finished teaching Sora every detail on how fishing works.

Sora nodded her head in response. She can feel her cheeks burning from the sudden skinship. She looked at the corner of her eye and spotted Baekhyun’s face very near to her’s.

“You should be able to catch one, just be patient.” Baekhyun released from the ‘back hug’ and stuffed his hands in his pockets.

Sora watched Baekhyun walking away from her and let out a sigh.

“I really hate you Byun Baekhyun.” she sarcastically said to herself.

Baekhyun was walking towards his friends then stopped his tracks. He held his chest and felt his heart beating fast.

*I’m experiencing this feeling again* he tightened his grip in his shirt.

 

“I like you Sunyoung.”

 

Baekhyun suddenly remembered the time he confessed his love for Sunyoung back in middle school. His heart was beating fast. That feeling was the same when he was teaching Sora. the next day after that confession he was immediately sent to the hospital for a few days to cure himself. The doctors forbid him to love someone but he can't help it. He's also a human and he can't help but love like normal people.

Baekhyun closed his eyes and breathed deeply.

*It hurts.* his hand was still in his chest feeling his heart rate increasing.