Promise

This Thing Called Love

 

It was Saturday morning; Sora didn’t have any plans for today so she didn’t bother to wake up early.

Exactly 10AM a knock on her door made her awake.

“My lady, you have visitors.” one of her maids said from outside.

Sora sat up and scratched her messy hair in frustration. “I’ll be outside for a few minutes.” she said with a loud voice.

Sora’s eyes were swollen as always. It’s been days since she’s like this and she has no plan on stopping her misery.

After doing her daily routine she dressed herself up with a simple t-shirt and skinny jeans. As she went to her leaving room she spotted one of the people she doesn’t want to see in her entire life.

“What’s he doing here?” she said rudely.

“Watch your manners!” Mr. Lee warned her.

“Aigoo, no need to argue.. Hyunki is here to take you a stroll around Busan.” Ms. Lee said.

“I don’t want to.” Sora simply said. “I’ll be eating breakfast.” by that she fled towards the dining room.

Watching her leave Dr. Kim sighed in defeat. “I guess that won’t win her.” he said.

“Don’t worry.. she’ll forgive you one day. Keep trying, I know you can be the greatest dad that she’ll have.” Mr. Lee continuously patted Dr. Kim’s back.

A sudden phone call made Dr. Kim excused himself. He went somewhere far from the living room before answering the call.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Dr. Kim this is an emergency. You’re needed in the hospital now.” one of the surgeons nervously said on the other line.

“Arasseo, I’ll be there in 10 minutes.” Dr. Kim hung up and proceeded back to the living room.

“Umma, appa there’s an emergency at the hospital. My patient with a heart condition is getting a surgery. I’m needed there asap.” he said while panting.

“Ok Hyunki, we’ll tell Sora.” Mrs. Lee informed him.

Dr. Kim nodded his head and left the mansion.

 

After eating her breakfast, Sora went back to the living room and spotted her grandparents watching a drama on their flat screen TV.

“Is Dr. Kim gone?” she asked curiously while wandering her eyes around the room.

“He said he’ll be back after his surgery for his patient that has a heart condition.” Mr. Lee said without letting his eyes off the TV.

“Good.” she mumbled.

 

“Dr. Kim’s patient with a heart condition?” she snapped. “Surgery??!”

 

“I’m going to the hospital!” she quickly proclaimed.

“Mwo? Wae?” Mrs. Lee looked at her with questioning eyes.

“I’m going to visit a friend of mine.”

Mrs. Lee leaned back again. “Arasseo, you’ll use our car. Be back safely.”

Sora nodded her head and went to the garage.

 

 

The hospital was quite near to their house so it only took 10 minutes for Sora to arrive her destination. She hastily went out off the car and immediately brought her feet inside the building.

Reaching the nurse’s office she asked the nurse: “May I know what Byun Baekhyun’s room number is?” she was already panting with all the running and nervousness attacking her.

“Wait a minute.” the nurse scanned through his files. “Ahh is it the patient who had a surgery earlier?”

Sora nodded her head fast. “Is he alright?”

“Yes... he’s on room 517.”

“Thank you!” Sora’s eyes were teary again. Knowing that his fine, she wanted to visit him, tell him she misses him, hug him and never let go.

Arriving at the 5th floor, she ran towards room 517.

 

Patient’s Name: Byun Baek Hyun

Attending Physician: Kim Hyun Ki

 

*This is the room.* she took a deep breath before knocking and twisting the door knob slowly.

She entered the room and found Baekhyun’s parents looking at their son who was asleep in his bed.

“Auntie.. Uncle.” she started to cry even more. Sora went to Mr. and Mrs. Byun and they gave her a warm hug.

“Don’t worry, he’s fine.” Mrs. Byun whispered as she Sora’s hair.

“He’ll be awake after a few hours.” Mr. Byun said.

Sora broke the hug and wiped her tears away. “Can I stay here until he’s fully awake?”

The Byuns looked at each other before giving Sora a smile and a nod. “That’ll be nice.” said Mrs. Byun.

 

 

Baekhyun’s POV

I slowly opened my eyes and found myself in a hospital’s room. My chest was slightly aching but soon the pain faded away.

I looked around and didn’t found a sign of my parents who were with me before the surgery, instead I saw Sora. Her head was hung down low as she was playing with her fingers.

“What are you doing?” I asked making her look up to me.

“You’re awake.” happiness was written on her face.

“I thought we’re over.” I continued to attack her with my harsh words.

“I’m here as a friend.” she said.

“Didn’t I tell you that we should act like strangers again? Didn’t you hear the rumors?”

Sora was about to say something but she decided to close instead.

“What if I tell you that those rumors were actually true? Will you still be here to visit me?”

Sora frowned and her eyes were red. She must be crying a lot these days.

“After waiting for you to wake up for hours, all you’re going to say to me is this? What did I ever do to you for me to deserve this?” her voice cracked.

“I’m threw with you!” she yelled and stomped her feet out of the room.

What are you doing Baekhyun? Why are not stopping her? Everything you’re doing is hurting her more. Is this the best decision I only have now?

I’m sorry Sora. The rumors were not true. I’m not dating Krystal but, currently she’s the only person who I can tell my problems at the moment.

I can’t tell you exactly the truth because I don’t want you to leave me for good if I ever told you that.

I’m sorry but all I can do now is be a jerk to you. I want to comfort you, I want to make you smile, I want to feel your warm embrace again but I just really can’t.

Don’t worry, there’ll be a time when we’ll be together again with no one who’s forbidding us to be with each other. I promise, I’ll be cured someday.

And when that happens I'll offer you a dance, I'll play soccer with you and with EXO, you won't have to worry about me anymore and I can love you forever.

 

 

 

 


 

Advance merry christmas to everyone!

Hope all of you will have a merry merry christmas!! ^_^

Here's a double update as a present!!