Kid Rival

This Thing Called Love

 

Baekhyun’s POV

Me and Sora’s first date was fun than what I was expecting. Well if you’re wondering, I was expecting our date will be a little awkward since we’ve been friends for a while now and all of the sudden we’ve become an item, but Sora was comfortable around me the whole date and it was fun hiding ourselves from our friends.

Today was the day before New Year. Even though Dr. Kim is in his Christmas vacation, he invited me to his house this morning for my checkup.

Today was different. I didn’t want to go alone to Dr. Kim’s house so I decided to drag Sora along with me. This is my first time inviting someone to come with me in my checkup. I have never dragged someone before when it comes to my check up with Dr. Kim, it makes me feel uneasy when someone’s watching me during my checkup. But Sora… damn she’s different. This is one of the things I hate about myself, I fell in love so easily but I never regretted loving Sora. She’s really one of a kind.

I already had fetched Sora to her house and right now, we’re in the bus, already on our way to Dr. Kim’s house.

Sora kept holding my hand really tight. Is she nervous? Nah, I don’t think so. This is not like her first time meeting Dr. Kim, but I wonder why do I have a feeling that she’s somewhat worried.

 

We have arrived at Dr. Kim’s place in the matter of time. As I rang the doorbell a maid greeted us and asked what is our business at the Kim’s residence.

“I’m Byun Baekhyun, Dr. Kim is expecting me here.” I said.

“Byun Baekhyun..—Ah! Yes, Sir Kim is waiting for you.” the maid replied and showed us our way to the living room.

Dr. Kim’s house is huge! There is a grand piano in the huge living room and a flat screen TV hanging on the wall.

Me and Sora took a seat at the sofa and examine our surroundings. By looking at Sora’s face she looks like she’s impressed on Dr. Kim’s house.

“Does Dr. Kim have children?” she asked still looking around.

“Yeah, he does but his daughter doesn’t live in this house.”

“What do you mean?” she gazed at me.

“Dr. Kim isn’t a married man. He has a child with his ex-girlfriend. In the end it wasn’t exactly a happy ending. The girl died and his daughter grew up with her grandparents.” I explained.

“Oh.. I see..” Sora’s face fell.

I remembered the time when Dr. Kim kept talking about his daughter when I was in middle school. He kept telling me that his daughter was around my age and if only his daughter knows him, he would actually make her friends with me.

“UNCLE I’M HUNGRY!” I heard a boy screamed from upstairs.

Suddenly footsteps were coming nearer to the living room and a few seconds later a boy entered the living room with a bad mood.

“UNCLE MY STOMACH IS—“

He paused. His eyes widen when he saw me and Sora sitting peacefully in our seats.

“Jeno your breakfast is on the dining ro—“

This time it was Dr. Kim’s turn to enter the room. He was cut off as he saw this Jeno boy staring at us.

“Baekhyun!” Dr. Kim beamed and went straight to us. “Why didn’t you inform me that you’ll be tagging another guest?”

“Mianhae, it was just a sudden that I have decided to drag Sora along with me.”

Sora stood up. “Annyeonghaseyo, we have meet again Dr. Kim” she bowed respectfully.

“Aigoo… have you eaten already Sora-ah? The cooks just finished preparing breakfast. You can eat here with Baekhyun and Jeno.”

“Aniyo I jus—“

“You should eat. Look at you, you’re so skinny, you should at least have fats in you.” Dr. Kim said. “C’mon, let’s eat. Breakfast is at the dining room.” therefore Dr. Kim left while dragging Jeno with him.

 

At the dining room,

“By the way..” Dr. Kim gulped down his food. “Meet my friend’s son, Jeno. My close friend had left him here at my house because of his business tour.”

“Nice to meet you Jeno-ah. I’m Baekhyun!” I smiled at him but he just ignored me and kept eating. What a snob kid.

“I’m Sora by the way. How old are you Jeno?” Sora asked.

Jeno looked up and looked at Sora who was sitting across him. “13” he said shyly.

I’m sensing something here. Why is he ignoring me? What’s this kid’s problem? Aish.. he’s getting into my nerves.

Sora giggled at how he answered. “So I’m your noona and Baekhyun is your hyung?”

Jeno nodded his head without letting his eyes off Sora.

Hold up, why is he staring at my girlfriend that way? UGH I hate it when someone stares at her like that.

“Dr. Kim!” I tried to remove the staring contest between Jeno and Sora.

“Hmm?” Dr. Kim hummed.

“I have some good news for you. Me and Sora are already dating!” I happily announced and made sure that Jeno heard it.

Both Dr. Kim and Jeno coughed immediately.

“G-good for.. you two.Please excuse myself.” Dr. Kim said and left the dining room.

Sora looked worriedly at Jeno who was endlessly coughing. “Are you alright?” she said and offered him a glass of water.

Jeno gladly accepted it and drank it.

“Thank you noona.” he showed a weak smile.

I glared at Jeno. That cough was an act. He did it to get Sora’s attention.

I did the same but I cough professionally.

“Don’t trick me again Baekhyun.” she ignored my coughing and continued eating.

What the heck princess? Are you on Jeno’s side right now? Is his health more important than mine? But the two of you only met an hour ago! Jeno, 13 or not, I won’t let him get everything on his way.

 

 

Dr. Kim’s POV

I sat at the sofa at my living room.

Baekhyun said that he and Sora are now dating; I was shocked on what he said. Did he remember that we made a promise together?

 

Flashback~

“But I love her!” a middle schooler Baekhyun yelled at me.

“This is for your own good son! I don’t want you to get hurt t the end.” I warned him.

I was having a regular checkup with Baekhyun until he told me that he and his first love, Sunyoung are already dating. I told him that he should break up with her already because I don’t want him to get hurt.

His condition is not getting any better. In fact, it’s getting worse every year. I have the feeling that he might not reach his 21st birthday.

“You can’t control my life Dr. Kim. I’m human too, I need love too.” he pleaded.

I sighed. He’s right, he’s human too plus I guess he should experience at least teenage love.

“Alright, just only this time. Just promise me that she’ll be your last girlfriend. Arasseo?”

Baekhyun’s face brighten. “Yes Dr. Kim!”

End of Flashback~

 

It’s true, promises are meant to be broken, but I’ll won’t let Baekhyun get away with this especially when he’ll hurt my daughter soon enough.

 

 

Author’s POV

After breakfast Dr. Kim suggested the two to give Jeno a walk at night. The three went to hongdae to buy some things.

“Woah, you’re quite tall for a 13 year old, Jeno.” Sora said as she noticed Jeno’s height. Jeno and Sora were just on the same height.

“Really?” Jeno blushed. “I’ll take that as a compliment noona.”

The two were walking side by side on the streets with Sora’s arms intertwined to Jeno’s. Dr. Kim has assigned Sora to take care of Jeno while they’re in their walk.

On the other hand, Baekhyun was behind them sending more glares to Jeno. Baekhyun really wants to kick Jeno off at his girlfriend’s side but he realized that Dr. Kim would kill him if he’ll ever do that.

“Why does he have to be the one who’ll walk beside her?” he muttered.

Feeling jealous again, he kept calm this time because he didn’t want to fight against a kid.

 

Hours have passed and they didn’t know it was already near mid night. They found a park where fireworks will be displayed.

“Noona, I’ll just buy something. You guys stay here. I’ll be back!” Jeno said as he stood up from the bench and left.

Baekhyun watched Jeno walk away from them. “FINALLY” he scooted near to Sora and gave her a tight hug. “You didn’t know how many hours I have been waiting to be with you.” he whispered.

Sora rolled her eyes. “Don’t tell me you’re jealous over Jeno.” she said.

Baekhyun broke the hug and gazed at Sora’s eye. “What if I am?”

“Then you’re stupid.” she grinned. “Jeno’s like a little brother to me. I only see him as a sibling because he’s giving me brotherly love that I will never experience because I’m an only child. There’s no need to be jealous.”

“So I am still you man?”

Sora laughed. “You we’re already my man from the start.”

Hearing those words from , Baekhyun smiled ear to ear and slowly leaned forward. He really wanted to have Sora’s attention since the moment she met Jeno. He knows he’s selfish when it comes to his girlfriend but he just really doesn’t like seeing his girl with another guy even if that guy is five years younger than her.

Slowly, he’s reaching for her lips until…

“NOONA I BOUGHT ICE CREAM!”

Baekhyun irritatingly sighed and back away from Sora.

Jeno led his noona the ice cream he bought.

“Aww thank you Jeno-ah.” she beamed.

Right on time, fireworks were displayed into the night sky.

“Noona, I think that place has a better view!” Jeno pointed out an empty spot in the park somewhere a little bit far away from where they are now.

“Let’s go!” he said enthusiastically and grabbed Sora’s arm trying to drag her away from Baekhyun.

Baekhyun just sat at the bench and frowned at the sight of Jeno running with Sora, laughing.

 

 “This kid.”

 

 


If you're wondering who this Jeno is, it's Jeno from SM Rookies!