Sora's Past

This Thing Called Love

“I’m here princess, you can tell me everything.” Baekhyun gave Sora a sincere smile.

Sora gazed at Baekhyun. She can see how sincere he is and how much he was worried about her.

“My past doesn’t have anything to do with you.” Sora rudely said.

Baekhyun sighed. “Princess… I’m your friend, you’re not alone. I’m here for you.” he held Sora’s hand but Sora shook it off and stood up from her bed.

“You’re not my friend, you’re just a guy I met from school who is following around me everywhere.” Sora’s eyes become red. She was about to cry again.

Baekhyun stood up as well and cupped Sora’s face. He whipped off her tears using his thumbs.

“Listen, even though you see me as a stalker or something. But for me, you're my friend." Baekhyun hugged Sora once again. He tucked Sora’s hair behind her ears to refrain her hair from covering her teary eyes.

 

“Don’t hesitate another minute please take away my heart
Yes, the sharper the better, the night that even the moon has closed her eyes
If it were any other man, if it were a single verse taken from a comedy
Burn all the scars you’ve exchanged for that love”


 

Baekhyun began to sing for Sora to calm down. But instead of making her stop crying, more tears started to spread down.

 

“Baby don’t cry tonight after the darkness passes
Baby don’t cry tonight it’ll become as if it never happened
You’re not the one to disappear into foam, something you never should’ve known
So Baby don’t cry cry my love will protect you”

 

Lee Sora, the heiress of the Lee Company in Canada. It is also known as one of the most powerful companies in the whole world.

Unfortunately Sora’s parents abandoned her and were left to be taken by her grandparents.

Sora’s parents became rebellious at their teenage years. Her father made her mother pregnant as early as the age of 16. When her father knew about this incident, he broke up with her mother.

They were in a relationship for almost 2 years, both of them were deeply in love with each other. But her father wasn’t ready to become a parent and just left her mother half-heartedly.

 

After 3 years of giving birth to Sora. Her mother committed suicide. All those years of being depressed and hopeless, her mother thought that she can’t live without her past boyfriend. That’s why she decided to end her life because of her father.

During the time that her mother died, the police tried to search for her father. But there was no sign of him in anywhere in Korea.

Since her father was nowhere to be found, she was send to an orphanage for 4 years.

At the age of 7 no one has adopted her yet. She doesn’t speak to anyone and she ignores people who try to approach her. Apparently she didn’t do a great job when it comes to entertaining people. Therefore no one was interested to adopt her.

Everything changed when a call from Canada reached the orphanage’s telephone number. They wanted to take Sora as they claim themselves as her grandparents.

Sora lived with her grandparents for years until her middle school graduation came. Her grandparents wanted her to go to Korea, her native country. They wanted her to spend her high school years there. They also wanted her to learn everything about where she came from.

For Sora it was difficult to adjust in Korea. New language, new kinds of people are surrounding her, new culture and a new society.

Sora didn’t change when it comes to personality. Her past affected how she acts. Never did she experience having a single friend until her third year of high school came by.

“Everyone just left me like that, even my grandparents. I thought they wouldn’t leave me but… I’m all alone again. All I have right now is Mr. Kang and my maids. This is why I don’t like having friends, they’ll just leave me one day like everyone else did.” Sora just finished telling Baekhyun about her past. Both of them were sitting at the couch in her room, talking about themselves.

“I’m still here.” Baekhyun said.

“You were all cold and rude to me when I first talked to you. But I never gave up.. ‘cause I thought you needed a friend.” he continued.

“You’ll leave me someday. When the time comes that you’ll move to another country or maybe you’ll get a girlfriend and forget about me.. you’ll just vanish out of my side just like that.” Sora said.

“I’m not that kind of person!” Baekhyun protested. “I’ll always be by your side no matter what.”

Sora looked at him. “I don’t believe you.”

“I promise! Here…” Baekhyun took Sora’s hand and interlocked his pinky to her hers.

“Pinky swear, I promise that I’ll never leave Sora’s side.. ever!” he beamed like a child.

Sora raised her eyebrows. “What’s a pinky swear?” she asked.

Baekhyun's eyes widen. "You don't know what a pinky swear is?"

"Apparently I have never done this with someone before.."

“Well.. a pinky swear signifies that a promise has been made. If I ever break the promise…. Then... I’ll cut off my pinky finger.” he explained.

“Y-you serious?”

Baekhyun nodded his head. “So is it a promise?”

Sora scoffed. “Promise, if you break it you know your consequences.”

“I know.” Baekhyun snickered as he ruffled Sora’s hair. “Right now, we’re officially friends right?”

“Yeah, whatever you say Byun Baekhyun.” Sora half smiled while fixing her hair.

Baekhyun stared at Sora. He can tell that Sora was happy at what was happening at this very moment.

“What are you looking at?” Sora turned back into her expressionless face as she caught Baekhyun staring at her.

“N-nothing! I’ll just go downstairs to see if dinner’s ready!” Baekhyun slightly blushed and left Sora for a while in her room.

*She.. smiled..* he thought and happily walked to the kitchen downstairs.

 

 


The song that Baekhyun was singing was EXO's Baby Don't Cry :3