Pabo!

This Thing Called Love

Walking along the busy streets of Garasogil, one of the most popular shopping districts in South Korea, Baekhyun was trying to find where the restaurant that Dr. Kim had told him to have dinner.

*This will take me forever to find it.* still searching, his head stopped from wandering as he saw an expensive looking restaurant with big lights surrounding it.

Once that he had read its name he headed towards inside it, feeling it was where Dr. Kim’s at.

“Do you have a reservation sir?” one of the waitresses asked.

“Uhh.. I’m here for Kim Hyunki?” he was quite unsure of his sentence.

The waitress scanned at her ‘reservation list’ and looked at Baekhyun with a pleasing smile. “You came to the right place sir. I’ll lead you to his table.” she began to guide him inside.

While walking, Baekhyun glanced around and found American food was serving to the costumers that made his stomach growl.

Half way, he already noticed Dr. Kim waving at him with a girl sitting across him who has long hair and she was wearing the same school uniform as him.

*Who could that girl be?* he wondered.

Unfortunately the girl’s back was facing him so he doesn’t had a chance to see a glimpse of her face before he can sit with Dr. Kim.

“Here’s your table sir.” The waitress offered a seat beside the unknown girl.

“Thank you.” Baekhyun took a small bow.

The waitress returned the bow and left.

“Take a seat Baekhyun.” Dr. Kim pointed at the seat beside the girl.

After hearing his name, Sora hastily gazed at the person behind her.

“You!” with wide eyes they shouted in unison.

“What are you doing here?!”

“I should be asking you that!”

“Stop copying me!”

“Wow, I didn’t know you two can predict each other’s sentences.” Dr. Kim said in amazement.

“Aniyo, it’s just a coincidence.” Baekhyun denied.

“Ah, arasseo. Why don’t you take a seat beside Sora?” Dr. Kim offered.

Baekhyun hesitantly nodded his head and took his seat.

“So… How’s school?” Dr. Kim asked.

“It’s good.” Sora commented, not stealing a glance at Baekhyun.

“It’s fantastic.” Baekhyun said with no energy.

“I-I see. Well it doesn’t look like it.” Dr. Kim observed the two. Seeing how uncomfortable they are in each other’s presence Dr. Kim began to worry.

“Did you two had a fight or something?” he questioned.

“Don’t worry about it Dr. Kim we’re used to it.” Sora said as if it’s not a big deal to her.

“Ahh…” he nodded his head. “Too bad, if your relationship is something like this then I’ll ask my favor next time.”

“Favor? It’s fine Dr. Kim! You can ask us anything! Right Sora?” Baekhyun armed on Sora.

“Y-yeah!” Sora stuttered.

“Well.. if you say so then… can you both take care of each other?”

The two faced each other with bad looks from their faces.

“I mean, can you watch each other’s side? I can’t actually be with you all the time so I’ll be entrusting the both of you to take care of each other especially at school.” Dr. Kim explained.

“Oh, we’ll definitely do that! Right Baek?” this time Sora was the one who armed him.

“Uhh… yeah! It’s good Dr. Kim.” Baekhyun faked a smile.

Dr. Kim just smiled at the sight of the two.

“Your order sir.” a waiter appeared out of nowhere with their orders in a tray.

“Great timing! I already ordered your own food Baekhyun because you were running late in our dinner.”

Baekhyun lowered his head. “Sorry if I made you guys wait so long for me.”

“It’s okay. Eat up! This is my treat!” Dr. Kim beamed.

 

 

After eating and having a chat with Dr. Kim they left the restaurant with a full stomach.

“Are you going home already?” Dr. Kim looked at the two.

“Yes.” They said in unison.

“Why don’t I take the both of you a ride home in my car?”

“No thanks Dr. Kim! We’ll take the bus. We don’t want to be a burden.” Baekhyun said.

“And the dinner was enough for us to show your generousness. We can go home by ourselves now.” Sora added.

“Are you sure?”

The two nodded their heads.

“Arasseo, take care of yourselves. Stay safe until you reach home!” Dr. Kim bid his goodbye and went off to his car.

 

After getting inside his car he spotted his old wallet from the passenger’s seat and he quickly opened it revealing an old photo of him and his ex-girlfriend.

Dr. Kim smiled at the picture, he was remembering all the good memories he had with her.

“After 15 years of searching. I finally found her Miyun-ah. Our daughter has grown very beautiful.” He sighed. “If only you were here to see it.” He creased the picture and felt guilty for what happened in the past.

“It’s my fault why you’re not able to see her grow. I made the biggest mistake in my life leaving you. I promise to protect her and take care of her with all my might for you.” Tears rolled down on his cheeks but he quickly whipped it away.

Dr. Kim placed his old wallet back to the passenger’s seat and started his engine. *For you Miyun-ah*

 

 

At the bus stop waiting for their ride for almost 20 minutes, Baekhyun and Sora didn’t talk nor approach each other. Both were just too timid— Wait. No. I mean, BAEKHYUN was too timid to apologize for his uncontrollable jealousy towards the EXO K boys for being all so close with his princess.

Suddenly a very cold wind passed by them which made Sora shiver from the coldness of it.

Sadly, Sora hasn’t brought a warm jacket. She didn’t know that the weather well suddenly get very cold at this time.

Hugging herself, she cursed silenty. *Damn, why didn’t I bring a jacket? Its freezing!*

Baekhyun noticed Sora was shaking to death from the cold and decided to remove his blazer and placed it around her. He didn’t mind getting cold himself; he’s a man after all. The cold weather can’t easily knock him down.

Sora felt something on her shoulders and found Baekhyun’s blazer. “What are you doing?” she gazed at him.

“If you don’t want to die from the cold, keep my blazer for a while.” he said as he stuffed his hands from his pocket.

“What about you?”

“I’m fine. I’m not freezing at all.” He lied. For the truth to be told, he was freezing. It was a cold night but he didn’t want to show his weak side to her.

Sora moved closer to Baekhyun and stick her arm to his.

“If you don’t want to die from the cold, don’t move.” she repeated some of his words.

Sora was right beside Baekhyun slightly leaning on him to create body contact to keep him warm in a way.

His chest was pounding very fast and his face was red from Sora’s sincerity, Baekhyun’s hands turned into a fist hiding from his pocket trying to calm his heart. But it was no use. His heart can’t stop from beating fast whenever Sora’s around especially when she unconsciously makes his heart skip a beat.

He shut his eyes shut and breathed heavily. He was trying to not lose his balance and not faint in front of her. He doesn’t want her to get worried.

*Eottokhae?* his mind and heart was out of control.

*I can’t take this any longer.* he was already feeling dizzy. *I should confess already so it will be all over*

Taking deep breaths, he had already decided.

He likes Sora and he’ll confess his love for her. He was not seeing Sora as his little sister anymore. Chanyeol’s words were right. He has truly fallen for her. He’ll finally can get rid of Sunyoung in his mind because he found another one to invade it.

He opened his eyes and faintly looked at her. “Sora, I need to tell you something.” he said nervously, still taking the risk of his heart.

Sora looked up. “Hm?”

Baekhyun blinked several times and took another breath. “I…”

Still gazing at him, she waited for him to continue.

“I-I like…”

Sora raised her brows. “What?”

“I like… I-I like…”

“You like?” Sora furrowed her eyebrows.

 

 

 

“Bacons.”

 

 

“Huh?”

 

 

“I like Bacons.” he repeated.

 

 

Sora looked at him in disbelief. “Okay.” that was the only word that she can say at the moment. She didn’t want to question him any further or even pick a fight with him.

Sora looked away and patiently waited for the bus to come.

For some reasons Baekhyun’s heart was slowly returning to its normal rate.

*Pabo! Bacons?  Really Baekhyun?!* Baekhyun mentally hit himself as he lowered his head from embarrassment.

*I’m so stupid! What was I thinking? Food? My name? Ah Jinjja!!*

“My bus is here.”

Baekhyun snapped out of his thoughts and looked in front of him.

Sora returned his blazer back and said her thanks.

“How about you?” she asked.

“My ride will be here in any minute.”

“Okay. I’ll be going now.” she said then entered the bus leaving Baekhyun alone.

As Baekhyun watched the bus drove away he kicked the dust from the floor several times. He was irritated by himself.

*I’m going crazy!* he messed his hair in frustration.

“I LIKE YOU SORA! THAT WAS WHAT I WAS GOING TO SAY! LEE SORA, I REALLY REALLY LIKE YOU!” he yelled not caring if people were staring at him creepily.

*I’m just really a pabo for telling you that I like bacons instead of you.*