Don't Let Go

This Thing Called Love

 

Krystal was busy reading her book on class until her friends came in and nudged her.

“Stal, I saw what you did yesterday.” Sulli grinned ear to ear who was sitting on her right.

Krystal didn’t let her eyes off her book. “What are you talking about?”

Victoria popped beside Sulli. “You almost kissed Baekhyun at the soccer field!” she sighed. “Why did you back away anyway? You were almost there!”

Krystal stopped reading and hastily looked at her two friends. “You saw that?”

The two nodded their heads.

“We were searching for you that time and saw you with Baek at the soccer field.” Sulli said.

Krystal’s face reddened, remembering how embarrassed she is yesterday after she tried to kiss Baekhyun.

“Soo.. what did you guys talk about?” Victoria wiggled her eyebrows.

“Shh!” she hushed them preventing from other people to hear their conversation in the classroom. “Be quiet! I don’t want anyone to know what happened yesterday! We didn’t do anything, we just talked.” she hissed and resumed from reading her book.

“You’ve changed Stal, you’re becoming like Amber and Luna now.” Sulli said.

Krystal closed her eyes and took a deep breath. “I’m still the old Krystal okay? I just lost my feelings for Baekhyun already. I don’t like him anymore that’s why I’m letting him be with Sora now.”

The two unbelievably looked at the maknae then gazed at each other.

“Krystal’s acting very different and it’s not getting interesting anymore.” Sulli whispered to Victoria.

Victoria twisted and looked at Krystal who was busy reading her book. “Don’t worry; we’ll get everything back on track again.”

 

 

 

The EXO K boys were walking on the corridor with gloomy faces. They were sad about the message that Baekhyun sent them this morning. Whenever they’re not complete everything is no fun for them.

Sehun spotted Sora walking towards them with heads down and quickly ran to her.

“Noona!” he exclaimed with panting.

Sora blinked several times. “Is there something wrong Sehun-ah?”

“Baekhyun…” hearing Baekhyun’s name made Sora very worried already. “He’s not feeling well today. I think you should visit him later. The hyungs are very worried.”

 

 

During lunch time Sora didn’t hesitate to leave the school and went to Baekhyun’s house. She didn’t care that they weren’t in a good condition at the moment; she was just worried as the other boys.

Through riding a bus, she arrived at Baekhyun’s house in a few minutes. She was greeted by Baekhyun’s mom at the front door and gave her a tight hug.

“Are you here for Baekhyun?” she asked.

“Yes auntie, I was worried that he didn’t come to school today so I’m here to visit him.”

“He’s fine dear, he’s upstairs in his room. “ Mrs. Byun smiled and tucked Sora’s hair behind her ear. “Come inside! I’ve baked a cake and I want you to taste it.”

Sora smiled back and went inside the house.

“Sora-ah, Baekhyun’s room is at the second floor. It’s the first room beside the stairs.” Mrs. Byun said from the kitchen.

“Ne Auntie~” Sora answered.

Sora was still new to Baekhyun’s house since this is the second time she’s been here. The first time was when she was introduced to his parents which was two months ago and she was gladly welcomed by his parents.

Mrs. Byun went outside the kitchen to meet Sora. “Go ahead, I’ll call you when the cakes ready.”

Mrs. Byun showed where Baekhyun’s room was, but before she can leave her she said: “Sora dear, my son has been depressed these days. Have you two had a fight?” she worriedly asked.

“I-it’s just a small fight auntie. It’s nothing serious; we’ll be able to handle it though.”

Mrs. Byun sighed in relief. “Ok, just please bring the old Baekhyun back. I don’t like seeing him like this.”

Sora nodded her head then Mrs. Byun left.

Sora was now in front of Baekhyun’s room. She was quite nervous to knock the door but thanks to Mrs. Byun’s words earlier she realized she needed to make Baekhyun smile again.

 

 

Baekhyun’s POV

I didn’t want to go to school today. Reason? I’M SO DAMN STRESSED and I’m not feeling good at the same time.

I don’t know what to do with my life anymore. I never liked being in my situation. There are so many things that I can’t do. I can’t play sports, I can’t run, I can’t dance, I can’t love. Sometimes I always thought that why am I still living if there are so many things that are forbidden for me to do. I want to be like the other people out there who can run freely, who can show off their skills in sports, who can dance powerfully, who can love as long as they want. Life is so unfair.

I’m currently at my room, taking a rest. I want to sleep but I can’t. I only slept for 4 hours today and it seems like my body won’t even want to rest.

Suddenly I heard a slow knock on my room. Weird. Mom’s busy with her baking so she’ll probably visit me later in the afternoon. Meanwhile dad’s at work so he’ll not knock at my door at this time. Probably mom’s finish with her cooking? Nah, it’s impossible for her to leave the kitchen.

I didn’t bother to open the door since it’s not locked anyways. I pretended to sleep and waited for someone to enter my room.

I heard some small footsteps coming right at me. I felt that this person sat at the corner of my bed and touched my forehead.

“Your temperature’s not even hot.”

I know that voice, but what’s she doing here? I thought she doesn’t even want to talk to me anymore.

I opened my eyes as I recognize her voice. Sora was surprised when she saw me wide awake. She quickly removed her hand on my forehead but immediately I grabbed it and pulled her into my blankets.

I trapped her in my arms and stared at her big eyes.

“This reminds me the time when we camped.” I said.

“You’re not mad anymore?” she asked.

I avoided her eyes. “I wasn't mad at the first place.”

“But it seemed you were.”

I pulled her into a hug and rested my chin on her head. “Let’s forget about that ok?”

“But—“

“Sleep.” I cut her words. “I don’t want to hear a word from you. Just sleep and get some rest.” I demanded.

Sora, no matter what happens never let go. Even if I did let go, don’t. I never wanted to let go of you in the beginning, but I have to. Tighten your grip on my hand and never believe on what I will say. Don’t get affected by my harsh words, don’t give up on me. Sora be strong when I’m weak. I don’t want to lose you in a short time.

After a few minutes of Sora being in silence I can feel that she’s already asleep in my chest. I closed my eyes as well and drifted to dream land.

 

 

 

Sora, be my guardian angel and protect me from those nightmares.

 

 

 

Author’s POV

After hours of sleeping Baekhyun woke up and found an empty space beside him. He scratched his eyes and sat up.

*Where’s Sora?* he thought.

“Dinner’s ready.” Sora popped her head on the door. “Come downstairs.”

Baekhyun patted a seat beside him in his bed signaling Sora to come near him. Sora didn’t know what Baekhyun wants but she just come to him and had a seat on his bed.

“We need to talk.” he said.

Sora inhaled and gulped her saliva. “Go ahead.”

 

Flashback~

“And secondly..” Dr. Kim leaned back on his seat. “Have you remembered what I have told you when you started dating Sunyoung?”

“That Sunyoung will be my first and last girlfriend.” Baekhyun answered.

“You actually remembered, but why didn’t you followed my request?”

“But Dr. Kim I love Sora!”

“You exactly said that 5 years ago but with a different girl who happens to be my daughter.” Dr. Kim emphasized.

“Daughter?!” Baekhyun was shocked when Dr. Kim told him that. “Sora’s your long lost daughter?!”

“Yes, and I’m telling you this not only as her father but also as your doctor.” he said. “Break up with her.”

“But Dr. Kim we’ve just been together for 4 months!” Baekhyun protested.

“Then cure yourself first so in the end the both of you won’t get hurt.”

“But—“

“This is the best decision Baekhyun. Just do it.”

End of flashback~

 

“I think we should break up.”