Wishing Upon A Star

This Thing Called Love

Baekhyun woke up with a dizzy head in his tent.

It was already dark though there was a light outside that made the tent light up.

He heard some voices coming towards him and not for long Chanyeol popped his head inside.

“You’re awake!” he said looking surprised.

“What happened?” Baekhyun asked as he scratched his eyes.

Chanyeol went inside the tent and sat beside him. “Long story short, when we returned from the fishing activity you fainted inside the tent so we decided to let you take a rest.”

Baekhyun hung his head low then searched for his medicines in his bag. Once that he already found his medicines he quickly snatched a not yet opened bottled water in Chanyeol’s bag.

“I’ll be drinking this.” he said while holding up the bottled water.

Chanyeol just nodded his head. “What exactly happened to you? Did you run? Played tag with Sora? What?” he eyed on the boy who was busy drinking his medicines.

After swallowing his medicine Baekhyun sat in a cross sitting position then stared at his hands.

“I didn’t run nor played tag. My heart just… constantly beat fast by itself.” he explained.

Chanyeol narrowed his eyes not understanding what his friend had said. “What?”

“When I was teaching Sora, when I back hugged her, my heart started to beat fast just like whenever I run or get exhausted.” Baekhyun said still not meeting Chanyeol’s eyes.

Chanyeol clicked his tongue several times while he shook his head. “You’re falling in love again dude.”

“I know and it hurts…” Baekhyun held his chest to feel his heartbeat. “Again.”

“WHAT?! DON’T TELL ME YOUR HEART IS BEATING FA—“

“NO, CHANYEOL. STOP OVER REACTING. WHAT I MENT IS, EARLIER IT HURTS WHEN I WAS WITH SORA JUST LIKE LAST TIME WITH SUNYOUNG.” he shouted.

“Sorry, man. Everyone was worried about you.” Chanyeol twisted his mouth and rubbed the back of his neck.

Baekhyun’s eyes widen. “Everyone? Does Sora know about my condition?”

“Relax, Sora doesn’t know. Our friends were only the ones who were worried since they were the only ones who knew about you illness.” Chaneyeol said.

“Where’s everyone anyway?” Baekhyun asked.

“Outside, we’re having a bon fire. You should take more rest.”

“Aniya, I think I skipped a lot of activities today. I should join this one.” he insisted.

Chanyeol sighed. “Arasseo, I’ll be going now.” he was about to leave but he paused for a while then looked at Baekhyun.

“If you don’t want to get hospitalized again, stop liking Sora or at least just damn confess to her so your heart will not suffer sudden increase of rate every time you’re with her.” by that Chanyeol left the tent with a dumbfounded Baekhyun inside it.

 

 

“Will you go out with me, Jieun?”

“Yes!”

“WOOOOHOOOOOOO!” the crowd went wild.

A sudden confession was made in the middle of telling stories by students who were surrounding the bon fire.

Even Sora herself clapped with everyone for the new couple.

*He’s so brave.* Sora admired the boy’s bravery as she was just sitting on a log with EXO K.

She eyed on the person who was sitting one person away from her with a bright smile on his face, obviously enjoying tonight’s bon fire.

“I wonder when you will hear mine.” she murmured.

Suddenly slow ballad music was being played and everyone got up on their seats except for Sora.

Everone started dancing with their partners as their body swayed through the music.

Sora saw Suho with Krystal dancing as well like everybody. The Krystal’s arm was wrapped around his neck while his arms we wrapped around her waist. Krystal looked pissed while talking to him but Sora just shrugged everything off and looked at the other side and saw a person sitting next to her.

“What are you doing here?” Sora was astonished by his presence.

“I’m not in the mood dancing.” he said with his chin resting in his hand.

“Too bad, your fangirls are waiting for you.”

Baekhyun glanced on the girls who were staring at them but he just ignored them and shifted back his attention back to Sora.

“I told you I’m not in the mood dancing.” he answered.

She rolled her eyes. “Ok, fine, whatever.” Sora looked at the sky and examined the stars.

Baekhyun smiled then gazed at where Sora was looking.

“This is my first time seeing a lot of stars.” she admitted. “In Seoul and Canada the stars weren’t this visible.”

“Same here…”

“I used to wish to the stars but none of my wishes came true.” she faked a laugh.

“Why don’t you wish again? Maybe the clearer you see the stars… there’s a higher possibility that your wish will come true.” he said.

“Maybe…” Sora closed her eyes.

Baekhyun noticed Sora became suddenly quiet then decided to look at her.

“Are you wishing something?”

“Shhh.. be quiet.” she said still not opening her eyes.

 

*I know that this person beside me will never realize my feelings for him but when he does I’m already ready for the pain he’ll give me.

I’m already ready that he’ll not like me back.

But even though that might happen I wish he would still be by my side whenever I need someone.

I wish he would still keep his promise even just for this year because I know that 'forever'

Is only a lie.*

 

After a few minutes Sora opened her eyes and sighed.

“What did you wished for?” he asked.

“It’s a secret.” Sora let out her tongue to .

“Greedy.” Baekhyun pouted then looked up to the sky for the second time.

He did the same that Sora did earlier. He closed his eyes and began to wish.

Baekhyun felt silly as he was wishing to the stars. Wishing to the stars was only for kids for him but nevertheless he still gave it a try.

*If people believe that wishing upon a star will make your wish come true then…* he opened his eyes then steadily looked at Sora who was also looking at him.

*Will the stars grant my wish to open my heart to another person and to finally cure my illness?*

 

 


I know boring chapter... Mianhae that Sunyoung is still involve with Baekhyun's feelings :(