Lies

This Thing Called Love

 

The next day, everything didn’t go well to Sora. Everything has gone worse, to the fact that she finally saw the reason why Baekhyun had break up with her.

Sora doesn’t hate Baekhyun because of that. She was mad. She was mad because she didn’t like how she was played by the person she really loves.

On her way to school she noticed a bunch of students in chaos. Curious, she decided to join them and found out they were in chaos because of the exam’s result posted in the school’s bulletin board.

She waited patiently for students to lessen then finally took a look on the results.

Sora already knew that her name can’t be found on the top anymore but she still took a peek on the number one spot to know who dared to steal her position.

1.   정수정

Krystal’s Korean name was written on the top. Krystal was always no. 2 when it comes to exam results, but this semester was different. She finally managed to claim the spot that everyone wanted.

Sora sighed and started browsing for her name. She also looked for EXO K’s (excluding Sehun & Kai) ranking and it ended up with this:

10. 김준면 (Suho)

21. 도경수 (D.O)

33. 박찬열 (Chanyeol)

45. 변백현 (Baekhyun)

47. 이소라 (Sora)

Omo.. what happened to Sora? Why is she ranked no. 47?” a female student cooed.

“ Didn’t you know? Sora recently broke up with Baekhyun. Maybe she’s depressed these days and didn’t take the test seriously. There’s also a rumor that Baekhyun’s now dating Krystal.” another one said.

Sora overheard people talking about her and hung her head low hiding her face from embarrassment. A few tears dropped in her tears but she quickly wiped it away and ran off to her classroom.

Baekhyun, who was also looking at his rank in the bulletin board, gazed at Sora who was running towards her class.

“Yah.. is it really true? You and Krystal are dating?!” Chanyeol nudged his friend.

“When did you break up with Sora noona?” Kai furrowed his brows.

“IT’S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!” Baekhyun yelled causing some students to look at him. He irritatingly sighed and headed to his first class.

*No wonder Sora’s acting her old self again.* Suho thought.

 

 

Krystal’s POV

I saw the exams result and my friends congratulate me. We were jumping out of joy earlier but we stopped because teachers were looking at us weirdly.

I’m now at my classroom, arranging things on my bag until a group of girls came to me.

“Are you and Baekhyun dating?” a girl asked with big eyes.

I chuckled. “What? No.” I was being honest. As much as I want that to happen, it wouldn’t.

“Then what’s the reason of Baekhyun breaking up with Sora?” the other one butted in.

Did that already spread? This is not good.

“I-I don’t know.” I lied.

“There’s a rumor that Baekhyun replaced Sora for you. Damn you’re so lucky!” more girls joined in our conversation.

What? Who would spread a false rumor? This is a misunderstanding. I must find Sora right now.

“Excuse me.” I said as I pass through all the girls surrounding me.

I ran fast to her room. Unfortunately, I found no sign of her. I was about to return to my classroom until the girl I’ve been searching for appeared in front of me.

“Sora!” I exclaimed.”We need to talk!” I grabbed her wrist but she quickly shook my grip.

“What’s need to talk about anyway?” she asked with that slight angry face of hers. She was about to walk again but I blocked her way.

“It’s all a misunderstanding me and Baekhyun aren’t dating! He didn’t replace you! Its becau—“

“Why don’t you tell that to everyone? You’re telling it to the wrong person. Everything will still be the same if you’re only telling that to me, doesn’t it?” she raised a brow.

Sora walked pass by me and purposely bumped in to my shoulders.

Is this really his plan?

 

Author’s POV

After class Sora headed straight home. She neither wanted to talk to anyone nor socialize to have new friends in school. She was back to the loner Sora and everyone started to avoid her again.

As she entered her house, she was astonished at the people who opened the door for her.

“UMMA, APPA!” she gave her grandparents a tight hug. “What are you doing here?” a bright smile formed in her lips.

“Aren’t you happy to see us?” Mrs. Lee said with a gloomy tone.

“Doesn’t this look happy to you?” Sora pointed at her face which was smiling endlessly. “It’s just that I thought you’ll come to Korea next year.”

“We’re just here to visit you. We’ll be leaving after three days.” Mr. Lee explained.

Sora’s face fell. “Ah.. I see…”

“So how are you dear? We missed you so much!” Mrs. Lee tried to turn the mood up again and dragged her only grandchild to the living room.

Reaching the living room, another person has surprised Sora. Dr. Kim was sitting on a sofa while testing someone on his phone.

“Dr. Kim! Annyeonghaseyo!” she greeted and slightly bowed.

Dr. Kim’s attention turned to Sora. “Annyeong Sora-ah!” he did a small wave.

Sora took a baby step backwards and whispered to something to her grandparents. “What is he doing here?”

“You’ll see.” Mr. Lee smiled and offered her a seat across Dr. Kim.

Sora hasn’t got a clue on what’s happening. She didn’t know why Dr. Kim and her grandparents are here. She didn’t even know that they even know each other.

Mrs. Lee came back to the living room with an old photo album in her hands. She sat beside Mr. Lee and scanned the photo album she was holding.

Mrs. Lee handed the album to Sora and pointed at a certain picture. “Do you know who these people are?”

Sora looked closer to the picture being pointed. The picture contains two people, a boy and a girl. The girl resembles her a lot so she guessed it was her mother.

“Its mom… and a guy who seemed like he gave the flowers she was holding.” Sora answered.

“That boy is her boyfriend, Kim HyunKi.” Mr. Lee said.

*Kim HyunKi? That name sounds famillar.* Sora thought.

“He’s also the person who made your mother pregnant.” Mrs. Lee added.

“I’m Dr. Kim Hyunki, call me Dr. Kim instead. I’m Baekhyun’s doctor.”

Sora’s eyes widen after she remembered the time Baekhyun introduced Dr. Kim to her. Her eyes narrowed as she still stares at the picture. Slowly, she lifted her head up to see Dr. Kim.

“I-It can’t be.” her voice trembled.

Sora harshly closed the photo album and stood up. “Why today? Why right now? Why not 10 years ago when I was still a kid? Why now when I’m all grown up and have difficulties in life?” tears started to fall. It’s been only two days but it looks like she can’t take it anymore.

“ANSWER ME!” she shouted.

“Honey calm do—“ Mrs. Lee tried to loosen up the kid.

“You… Aren’t you mad at him?” she pointed to Dr. Kim. “Aren’t you mad that he killed your only child?”

Mr. Lee cleared his throat. “We were at first but he told us he’s been searching for you for 15 years already and just this year he discovered you. He begged us that he’ll take care of you from now on.”

“Sora-ah..” Dr. Kim stood up as well. “Leaving your mom was the biggest mistake I have ever made. I regret everything that’s why I’m here for you. I’ll never leave your side… ever.”

“I’ll never leave Sora’s side ever!”

“Ani, I won’t believe in those words again.” Sora walked out and headed to her room with tears.

*Those lies.. Can’t believe I easily trusted him*