chapter 7: the shock

Broken Tears

[THE NEXT DAY]

Soyeon POV

I woke up the next day and Jiyeon was still sleeping soundly on the opposite bed.

I picked up my phone to look at the time when I saw “50 miss calls” on the screen.

I unlocked my phone, went to the phone directory and realized the 50 miss calls were all from Joon.

I called back, but no one answered.

I shrugged.

It was not unusual to me, Joon always becomes crazy if I stay overnight outside and don’t call home.

I’m his older sister, not his girlfriend. Gosh.

I woke Jiyeon up and told her she better get up quickly all else she’ll be late.

“Yeah, okay…” she replied and went to change.

Jiyeon POV

Soyeon got changed into some clothes and was waiting for me outside.

She has slept over so many times in the past that she already had stuff here in my home.

We ate breakfast on the way to my school and as Soyeon was dropping me off, Lee Joon came over.

“Noona, how can you stay over outside and not call home?” he asked furiously.

“What?  It’s not the first time anyway, don’t be so paranoid Joon, I got to go to school.” Soyeon replied.

“Did you make her go to your house last night?” Lee Joon asked me with an annoyed look on his face.

Then, he realized my short hair.

His eyes went wide for a second before he looked away from me.

Lee Joon POV

I was about to reprimand Jiyeon for bringing noona to her house without calling home when I noticed her hair.

It seemed short…

SHORT?

That’s when I realized it really was short.

She cut it? I thought.

I stared at her for a moment.

She looked cuter though, and looked much younger…

That’s when I realized I shouldn’t be staring at her and looked away and faced noona.

“Noona, come here after your classes okay.” I told her.

“Fine.” She said and went off to her university.

Jiyeon brushed by my shoulder and walked towards class.

I was still shocked about her hair, but didn’t want to show it, so I decided to avoid looking at her.

Hyosung POV

I was waiting for Lee Joon next to his seat when I spotted Jiyeon who walked into the class.

She looked different today.

My eyes went wide.

She cut off her hair? Oh my god.

Why should I be surprised though? Everyone in the school knew she only kept her hair long for Lee Joon.

Now, since they’re not together anymore, she should have it cut off anyway.

I smiled.

It seems like things won’t go back to how they were and Lee Joon was closer and closer to being mine.

Jieun and Sunhwa came over and congratulated me on seeing Jiyeon’s short hair.

“It seems our plan is going very well…” they said.

At that moment, Lee Joon walked into the class and I smiled happily at him.

Jiyeon POV

Everyone seems to be staring at me today.

Why? I thought.

That’s when I reached up and touched my hair, now short.

Oh.

So they’re talking about my hair…

Well I guess it is shocking that I’ve cut it.

The happiest person now would probably be Hyosung… and I turned to look at her.

I was right.

She was smiling as happy as a lark and how I wished I could go over there and wipe that smile off her fce.

That place.

Should be mine.

No. I should not be thinking like that.

It’s over between Joon and I and I should remember that.