chapter 6: transformation

Broken Tears

JIYEON POV

Soyeon unni put down the brush and said she was done.

She went back to watching the drama and I turned and faced the TV too.

I touched my now silky long hair and thought.

Unni is right.

I need a change.

A change to show I can get on fine without him.

This long hair just reminds me of all the things he said, all the promises he made to me and if I cut this hair off, I’ll feel better.

I closed my novel with such a loud thud that Soyeon unni turned to look at me.

I took up the remote and turned off the TV and face her.

“Let’s go!” I said.

“Where?” she replied.

“You’ll know when we get there!” I replied and got my stuff and left with her.

After 5 minutes, I stopped outside the famous hairdressing shop near my apartment, ‘Fabulous Hair’.

Soyeon unni looked up at the shop sign and back me, her eyes nearly bulging out of their sockets.

“Are you really sure Jiyeon ah? I was just talking without thinking just now…You don’t have to listen to what I say!” she said.

“Unni, I thought about it and I really need a change so, let’s go!” I said.

I got in, sat down on a chair and told the hairdresser to cut it to a little over my shoulders and keep it straight.

The hairdresser nodded and got to work.

Soyeon POV

I can’t believe I talked Jiyeon into doing this…

As I look at the lumps of hair falling off Jiyeon’s shoulder, I wanted to scream.

But, when the hairdresser was done, I looked at Jiyeon and realized that she really looked much cuter and younger.

I could practically see the old Jiyeon in her, that funky bubbly personality she once used to have.

The Jiyeon that would never care about how people look at her or thought of her because she was so confident of herself seemed to show now.

As I touched Jiyeon’s hair lightly, I felt happy that Jiyeon cut off her hair.

I didn’t like how she changed because of Lee Joon.

She became shy, unconfident, and just seemed like a shadow of Lee Joon.

Now, she looked like herself and I beamed happily.

JIYEON POV

When the hairdresser told me she was done, I finally opened my eyes.

I was so shocked.

I had forgotten how I looked with short hair long ago and now finally seeing myself with short hair, I could not believe it.

Unni was right, I looked much younger now.

I was really happy with my haircut and was going to ask unni what she thought about it when she came over, touched my hair and smiled happily.

That’s when I knew she liked it as much as I did.

She took my arm and said, “Let’s go play~! And celebrate the old Jiyeon coming back!”

I laughed and followed her out of the shop.

We had so much fun after that, eating so many roadside snacks, taking purikura, shopping at I was dead beat as we finally settled at a bus stop with shopping bags next to us.

“Wow! I had so much fun today…But Jiyeon ah you have school tomorrow and I have classes tomorrow, aren’t we being naughty?” she said.

I looked at her.

I totally forgot that it was a weekday…

“Ha it’s alright, who cares? Can I go sleepover at your house today?” she asked.

I nodded, “Yes! Or else I’ll be so lonely alone!”

We both laughed at took the bus back to my apartment.

 

Jiyeon has changed from long hair to short hair according to chp5and6 pics!!! hope u like this updateee comments please? ;D