chapter 17: the sweet past for Soyeon and Seungho

Broken Tears

Narrator POV

Jiyeon finally recovered and got discharged.

The doctor suggested that she should stay at home and rest, but being stubborn, Jiyeon immediately went back to her part time job, working at the 7 eleven for the night shift.

She was still feeling weak, but if she didn’t work, she couldn’t pay off the hospital bills…

Lee Joon POV

It was late at night, but I wanted to go buy a pack of gum so I went to the 7 eleven nearby and to my surprise, I saw Jiyeon at the cashier.

She still looked very pale and weak, what was she doing here?

As I put the pack of gum on the counter, Jiyeon looked up and her eyes widened a little, but she just put her head back down and scanned the pack of gum.

“That will be 1,000 won.” She said tonelessly.

I paid her and said, “Jiyeon ah, shouldn’t you be resting? Your leg is not even fully healed yet.”

Jiyeon didn’t even look up but just said to her partner to take over the cashier as she would go and take out the rubbish.

She limped outside into the cold to throw the rubbish away and I followed her.

“Jiyeon ah…” I started.

“What do you want? Just leave me alone…okay?” she replied.

“I’m just worried about you, you still look so weak, shouldn’t you be resting?” I said.

“It’s none of your business…” she said, and was about to walk back inside when I pulled her back.

“Jiyeon ah…” I started.

Seungho POV

Soyeon had night class that day, so she told me to go and pick Jiyeon up from her work after her shift was over that day.

I was walking towards the 7 eleven when I saw Lee Joon and Jiyeon outside.

He was holding onto her arm and Jiyeon looked uncomfortable.

“Jiyeon ah.” I called out.

She looked up and seemed relieved to see me.

I walked over and Lee Joon took a look at me before he left.

“What did he want?” I asked.

“I don’t know…” she said. “Why are you here anyways, oppa?”

“Soyeon told me to come take you home, she has night class today.” I replied.

“Okay, I’ll go take my stuff first.” And she went back into the shop.

As we were walking towards her apartment, I asked, “Jiyeon ah, actually, Soyeon told me to not let you go near Lee Joon again…”

“Oh…really? Why?” she asked.

“Well, she doesn’t want you to fall in love with him again…and she said he was not the Lee Joon she knew anymore, it seemed like he had changed…” I said slowly.

To my surprise, Jiyeon smiled.

“Oppa, don’t worry. I won’t be that stupid to like someone like him again…” she replied and hearing her answer, I seemed to be relieved too.

“Well oppa, I never heard the story of how you and Soyeon unni met…I’m so curious, I mean you guys have been together since forever!” she said.

“You really want to know? It’s boring, there’s not much…” I started when I saw her pleading face.

Narrator POV

Well, Seungho and Soyeon had been classmates in elementary school, and all the way through middle school and high school.

They were so good friends that they never realized their feelings together until the day they started middle school.

Soyeon was immediately popular among the boys, and Seungho, without knowing it, was so jealous. He always used to ask himself why he was so jealous but he finally found the answer one day when Soyeon kissed him on the cheek after they went out.

He finally realized that the feelings he had for her were more than friends and it was so lucky that Soyeon felt the same way too and that was how they have been together since then.

 

readers please keep commenting and supporting!

i shall reveal the mystery man to help jiyeon get over all this hardship!

it is non other than SONG SEUNG HUN, and actor i really loved since forever, i shall add him into the characters in the foreword so please check it out!

ALSO! i have decided to add jiyeon's first love soon into the story please go to my foreword and read my message about the mystery person!!!!