chapter 39: birthday celebration?

Broken Tears

 

Jiyeon POV

It was no use catching Sunhwa anyway.

We already knew what she knew as well.

I sighed.

“Jiyeon ah, what are we going to do? She doesn’t know the inside details as well…” Eunjung said.

“We need someone who is closer to Lee Joon than all of us…” Hyosung said and immediately all of us looked at each other and exclaimed, “Soyeon unni!”

We let go of Sunhwa and I we decided to go to Soyeon unni’s university and find her since she wasn’t answering her phone.

Soyeon unni is Joon’s sister; she should know where he is right?

She was our last and only hope…

We saw her with Seungho walking down the steps.

“Unni!” I said and ran towards her.

She was shocked, but smiled and hugged me back.

“Jiyeon ah! What brings you here?” she said and she looked at Eunjung and Hyosung who were behind me.

“Why is she here?” Soyeon said and looked suspiciously at Hyosung.

“It’s a long story unni…I want to tell you everything but it is going to take a long time…” I said and looked sheepishly at Seungho.

I really felt bad since I could tell that they were going to go out on a date together…

But being the great guy Seungho was, he didn’t even wait for Soyeon to say a thing but just kissed her lightly on her cheek and told her that he’ll come fetch her to class tomorrow and left.

“Seungho is the greatest guy ever!” I said and she blushed.

We all went to my apartment and I told her the whole story.

“So…she’s a good person now?” Soyeon said and raised her eyebrows at Hyosung.

“I know it’s hard to believe but yes she is, it’s not her fault…” I said.

“Well, I wish I could help you but I really don’t know where Joon is…He hardly talks to me recently and I didn’t even know he was gone, you know I don’t live at home anymore…” Soyeon unni said.

“Can’t you ask your dad?” I asked.

“Him? I never talked to him for around 10 years already…After my mum died I moved out because my dad changed and all these years Joon has to always meet with me secretly to avoid my dad from finding out, he doesn’t even regard me as his daughter anymore…” she said softly.

“I’m sorry unni…” I apologized but she shook her head, “No, I’m sorry for not being able to help you…I don’t know what I can do to help…I can’t believe dad would go to such measures just to keep Joon away from you…that Mr. Jo’s daughter seems fishy…lets go search on the internet.” She said and my laptop.

“See? He’s really rich, my dad must need some financial help or investment or whatever that’s why he wants Joon to marry Mr. Jo’s daughter…” Soyeon said as she found the information about Mr. Jo.

“Besides knowing all the truth, we can’t do anything else though…” Soyeon said and all of us sighed.

“So we can only wait? Until Lee Joon oppa comes back?” Hyosung said and Soyeon nodded.

“Anyway Jiyeon, it’s your birthday tomorrow…don’t worry about these kind of things!” Soyeon unni reminded me.

Among all these chaos, I totally forgot my own birthday…What was the point anyway?

Joon is not even here anymore…

“Even if Lee Joon is gone, you still have to celebrate your birthday!” Eunjung said.

Must I? I thought.

Soyeon unni seemed to read my thoughts as she said, “Of course you have to celebrate your birthday…Let’s just forget about all these things for tomorrow okay?”

 

 

comments? ;D