chapter 34: the truth is finally revealed. Sunhwa..how could you?

Broken Tears

 

Hyosung POV

I heard a familiar voice as I was washing my hands and immediately turned the tap smaller so I could hear what the girl was saying.

“It was not a big deal, given the amount of money you gave me to carry out this task, now Lee Joon is gone my task is complete right? Yes, thanks very much for everything, yes I’ll still continue to look out for Jiyeon if she tries to do something…Yes, okay, goodbye.” The girl said and hanged up.

What?

The voice sounded like Sunhwa…

At that moment, the cubicle door opened and I immediately pretended I was applying on makeup.

“Oh, Hyosung ah, what are you doing here?” Sunhwa said her face a little pale.

It really was Sunhwa…

“Oh! I just came in to re apply my makeup, how about you?” I lied.

“Oh just using the toilet, were you here for a long time?” Sunhwa asked suspiciously.

I smiled and replied, “Oh no, I just came in, I didn’t even know you were in here…” I looked up at her expression.

She seemed to heave a sigh of relieve and smiled back at me and said, “Okay then, I’ll go to class first okay?”

She walked out of the cubicle and I started thinking.

Something was not right…

Who was she talking to?

Don’t tell me…she’s part of this?

That day when I accidentally saw Lee Joon meeting with his father at a café…

I wanted to surprise him when I heard their shocking conversation…

Lee Joon’s dad was threatening Lee Joon, making him break up with Jiyeon and staying away from her because Lee Joon’s dad already had a future daughter in law in his mind and since they had a high status in the society; Jiyeon was not good enough for him…

I saw Lee Joon’s distressed but hopeless face and I really wished I never heard that conversation…

But if I didn’t…no one would know the truth…

I hit my forehead lightly.

I am so stupid!

Of course…

The reason why Lee Joon has left must be because of his father!

And…

Sunhwa…don’t tell me she’s helping Lee Joon’s father…for a sum of money in return?

No wonder all those times in the past when I wanted to bully Jiyeon, she was always the one who thought of the ideas, the one who cheered me on, while at least Jieun told me to not act hastily, but I only listened to Sunhwa…

But…if I let Jiyeon know about this right now would it be too soon?

What should I do?

If only I didn’t know anything…

Knowing too much…is never a good thing.

I walked out of the toilet and finally decided to wait for a while first to think about whether I should tell Jiyeon what I knew…I may not be right anyways…right?

Sunhwa POV

I clutched the phone to my chest…

Luckily Hyosung did not hear anything…

Anyway my task is completed and I already got my reward, so why should I worry anymore?

Narrator POV

For the next few days, Jiyeon was late to school as she spent all her evenings and nights searching everywhere for Lee Joon.

Eunjung helped her at the start, but Eunjung was tired and apologized to Jiyeon and said she could not help her anymore.

Jiyeon was also starting to fall asleep in class and getting scolding and detentions for the first time in her life…

Hyosung POV

I feel so guilty seeing Jiyeon like this while I know the truth…

I’m being too selfish…

I finally made up my mind and went up to Jiyeon during lunch…

 

 

the  truth is finally revealed? ;D