chapter 36: the secret compartment.

Broken Tears

 

Jiyeon POV

He really wouldn’t let any hints out of Lee Joon’s whereabouts…

“Don’t act okay, tell us where he is!” Hyosung burst out.

I quickly stopped her and apologized, “I’m really sorry for bothering you Mr. Lee, thank you for talking with us today, we’ll go now.”

I pulled a protesting Hyosung out of the room with me.

I bowed to the receptionist, smiled and left the building.

“Ya! Jiyeon ah, why did you pull me out? Lee Joon’s dad was so obviously hiding something…” Hyosung said and pouted.

“He obviously won’t tell us anything right? So…we would have to go find clues by ourselves.” I said.

Hyosung’s eyes brightened up, “You have a plan Jiyeon?”

“Follow me…” I said and we left.

After 5 minutes, we reached Lee Joon’s apartment.

“Right! Why didn’t I ever think of checking the place Lee Joon oppa stayed in…But how are we going to get in?” Hyosung asked.

“Easy, the code is my birthday…” I replied, entered the code and we went into the apartment.

It looked normal, but all signs of someone living in here before were gone.

“They really cleaned out everything thoroughly…” I murmured.

“Like this, we’ll never find anything!” Hyosung sighed and sat down on the sofa.

That’s when I remembered something.

When Lee Joon and I were together, we had a secret place in which we would put all of our things into and only take them out after our tenth anniversary…

I quickly ran upstairs into the attic and seeing me in a hurry, Hyosung followed behind me.

“Jiyeon ah, what are you doing?” she asked but I didn’t answer her.

The attic was empty as well.

“Ya, you see? Even the attic is empty…They really did a good job clearing this place…” Hyosung said when she saw me crouch down on the opposite of the attic.

I searched until I found the tile with a little heart scratch mark on it.

I had carved a little heart on the tile so that we would know that’s the special tile.

“Hyosung ah, come help me!” I said and she rushed over.

“What are you doing?” she asked.

“Help me lift this tile up.” I replied and she immediately helped me.

Finally, the tile came out and Hyosung’s eyes widened.

“Wow, a secret compartment…” she gushed.

I took out all the stuff we had kept there, like photos, notes, presents and finally there was a post it note at the bottom of all the stuff.

I put the stuff to one side and picked up the post it note.

“It’s hard to pretend you love someone when you don't but it’s harder to pretend that you don't love someone when you really do…” the post it read.

“Ya! What does it mean? Why is it in English…?” Hyosung asked but for just a moment, I was lost in my own thoughts.

On a rainy day, Lee Joon and I were browsing a website when we tumbled on a quote…

Lee Joon had said, “That is so true…One day if I say I don’t love you anymore, remember this quote okay?”

I had laughed at that time…

But why didn’t I remember his words before?

Then I realized there was another post it under this one.

I picked it up and it read, “As soon as forever is through, I'll be over you.”

Lee Joon had said this to me on our 1st anniversary together…

“English again? Don’t you two converse in Korean?!” Hyosung said, fed up that she couldn’t understand anything.

“Wait…I’ll translate for you later okay…” I told Hyosung.

 

will only be updating this fanfic todae! tired, and writer's block also not in a writing mood so please forgive me!