chapter 43: Please. Believe in me.

Broken Tears

 

Lee Joon POV

I was furious, but if I wanted to carry out my own plan successfully, I had to keep my cool.

“It’s okay, I’m going to be married soon, so I won’t think about her anymore dad, I promised.” I lied.

My dad seemed to believe it as he smiled brightly and said, “I knew my son wouldn’t be that kind of guy who can’t let go of the past. Very good, I hope from now on you can focus everything on your soon-to-be-wife, Hyuna. As you know, she likes you very much and I think that you guys match very well so I agreed to your marriage.”

What rubbish is he talking about? I thought.

It’s true that Hyuna likes me but you don’t care about the marriage, you’re only using me for your own benefit…

You may be my dad, but that doesn’t mean I have to look up to you.

“So dad, I’ve been working in mum’s company for a while now…and you now since I’m already 21…” I started when my dad stopped me and took out some documents.

“I was waiting for the right moment to give you this. Since now I feel you’re mature enough and you have gotten over that girl and that past of yours, your mum’s company should be yours now, your mum would be so proud and this was her death wish.” He said and passed me some documents.

What? Mum would be proud?

Her death wish… You were the one who caused her death.

Because of your obsession with money, you caused mum to go into depression and become sick.

Even on her deathbed, you made her sign the documents to pass her company to you…

But now, according to my plan, the company is mine.

His name was already signed there and I quickly signed my name next to his and he smiled happily at me.

“I know you’ll do a great job controlling this company, there’s no one else I could have given the company to except my own son.” He said.

I laughed inside.

Of course you only want to leave the company in my hands.

Because since I’m your son you will think that actually you still have control over me, but you’re wrong.

By giving mum’s company to me, you have made the greatest mistake of your life, and you’ll regret it.

Jiyeon POV

I still couldn’t believe it.

I just can’t.

I looked at the wedding invitation for the 20th time.

It was true, why can’t I accept the fact that he has gotten over me already?

But… the post its he left…were they just a fraction of my dream?

No, they were real as they were sitting on my desk…

Well time does change a person, maybe he’s changed?

Lee Joon POV

Dad had to go back to his work so I took the opportunity to sneak out.

I quickly checked to make sure no one was following me and made my way to my old apartment.

It’s been two years…

I opened the door as the password hasn’t been changed.

It was so empty…

I quickly made my way to the attic as that was the reason why I was here.

I opened out the secret compartment slowly and as I predicted, Jiyeon was here before.

She left a message, “You promised you’ll never leave me, I’ll wait for you, always.”

I was happy that she knew I was going to leave her a message here…

But… could this be a mistake?

All I could hope now is that Jiyeon is strong enough...

Please believe in me Jiyeon…

 

 

i think this fic is going to end soon><