chapter 5: a change?

Broken Tears

Lee Joon POV

“Lee Joon ah, what do you think about Hyosung?” Jieun asked.

“She’s nice, helpful, a great girl.” I replied.

“You know, Hyosung studied extra hard this time to get 1st because she said she wanted to prove to you that she was smart too.” Sunhwa said.

Really? I thought.

No wonder Hyosung looked tired and had no appetitive before the exams, she must have studied too hard.

Just then, Hyosung bounced back happily with the food.

As I looked at her tired but happy face, I told myself I had to make it up to her.

Narrator POV

As Jieun and Sunhwa spotted the smile on Lee Joon’s face as Hyosung came back with the food, they knew their plan had succeeded.

They were told by Hyosung to use the fact that Lee Joon was very kind hearted to give him a good impression of Hyosung.

By the look of things, it seems like everything was going as planned…

Soyeon POV

I decided to pay Jiyeon a visit today to see how she was doing.

I was about to walk to her door when I spotted Eunjung.

“Eunjung ah~ Hi!” I said happily.

Eunjung looked at me sadly and said, “Unni, Jiyeon went from 1st to 10th in the school! I keep asking her if she is alright but she just says she’s fine even though I think she’s not…”

“Okay, I’ll try my best.” I replied and Eunjung left.

10th? I thought.

Jiyeon has never done something like this before, she can’t be alright.

I put in the password on the door and opened it slowly.

Jiyeon was putting down her books and turned around abruptly.

“Unni!” she said.

Her voice sounded bright and bubbly like the old Jiyeon, but she looked tired and weak.

“Ya, your eye bags are seriously getting worse…” I said.

“That’s why I’m wearing these glasses…” she said and pointed to her no lens glasses.

Jiyeon went to change and came to sit on the sofa with me who was watching a drama on TV.

She came with a brush, put it in my hand and turned around, her back facing me.

I smiled.

Whenever I came over, Jiyeon would make me comb her beautiful long hair.

It was so long now that it reached her hip.

As I combed it, I thought of what Lee Joon always told me.

“Noona! Jiyeon’s hair is really lovely right? I love girls with long hair…” he always said.

That was why the then tomboyish Jiyeon let her hair grow long and became more feminine.

She gave up so much for him and this is how he treats her?

Even though I was his noona, I really think he is so dumb sometimes.

“Jiyeon ah.” I said.

“En?” she replied while flipping the page of the novel she was reading.

“Aren’t you going to cut your hair?” I asked.

JIYEON POV

I was reading my novel while letting Soyeon unni comb my hair when she asked me a question.

“Aren’t you going to cut your hair?” she asked.

Shocked, my finger stopped in mid air.

“Er…why?” I replied.

“Well, it’s getting really long now and…you look cuter and younger with short hair…Anyway Jiyeon, don’t you think it’s time to make a change?” she said.

Make a change?

I changed so much for Lee Joon and what was the point?

He said he liked girls with long hair so I didn’t cut my hair ever after that.

He said he liked cute and feminine girls, and I changed my tomboyish ways for him and started to wear skirts and dresses.

Why did I have to change so much for one guy?