chapter 19: a sweet but meaningful goodbye.

Broken Tears

[Still in FLASHBACK, one month ago]

In 5 minutes, they had reached a restaurant.

It was familiar and just like home to both of them.

The shop owner recognized them even after not seeing them for around 3 years and welcomed them warmly.

Every year, since they were young, Seunghun and Jiyeon would come to this restaurant once every two months and this was their favorite place for food.

The time they graduated primary school they were here, the day they started secondary school was here, the day Seunghun introduced to Jiyeon’s his first love, they were here, and all the memories over the years came back at them in a rush.

“I miss this place…” Jiyeon said softly.

After Seunghun left to the States, he only came back during important holidays, and he was always busy that they never had time to visit this restaurant, but now, they were finally back here again.

They ate their meal happily, chatting about what had happened recently in their lives, Jiyeon careful to leave out all the bad parts.

After a week, it was finally the day of Seunghun’s departure.

Jiyeon had decided to send him off and they went to the airport early in the morning.

There was still a lot of time before Seunghun had to go board the plane, so they decided to have a cup of coffee at the café first.

“Jiyeon ah, the reason I came here was to find out about what happened, and we were playing so much this week that I never had a chance to talk to you about it.” Seunghun said seriously.

“Well, I just need more time; I would get over this somehow, right?” Jiyeon said, and in her heart, she thought, “I hope…”

“Everyone will eventually. But I know he is very important to you. If you forget him, would you regret it?” Seunghun asked.

Jiyeon thought about this for a while.

Lee Joon had been a big part of her life every since the day she met him, and if he was gone from her life completely…everything would be different.

“I miss the old you Jiyeon. The Jiyeon who was not afraid of showing other people her inner feelings, the Jiyeon who would stand up to anyone who dared the bully her, the Jiyeon who would never change for anyone, the Jiyeon who lived everyday with a big smile on her face… Where have you gone?” Seunghun said.

“I don’t know too. These 2 years being with Lee Joon, it all seems like a dream now that I think about it… I guess I never accepted the harsh reality, and as soon as it hit me, I just lost it...” Jiyeon said.

Seunghun nodded.

It was true.

Jiyeon had gone through a lot of things in her life, but she never gave up nor broke down or turn away from the world.

Even after her parents died, she lived life positively and never shed a tear with no reason; she never let anything bring her down.

But, this was one of the biggest changes Jiyeon has ever gone through in her life, but she must learn that the world isn’t what she thinks it is.

It’s a cruel world, and well, Jiyeon would have to realize all of this one day, and why not now, when she still can change things for the better?

Just then, Jiyeon jumped out from her seat.

“Oppa! I think you better go board the plane now or you’ll be late!” she said and got her things and pulled Seunghun out of his seat.

“There’s no need to rush Jiyeon ah…” his voice trailed behind her, but she still rushed him towards the gates.

He was about to go in when he turned back and gave Jiyeon a last hug.

“Jiyeon ah, I’ll be back soon, just one more year.” He said and smiled.

Jiyeon nodded and hurried him to go in quickly but he seemed to want to say something.

“Jiyeon ah. Learn to love yourself more.” He said and gave one last wave and left.

 

so how do u guys like this chap ???!! i shalll reveal the mystery man now who is jiyeon's first love who will come out in the next chp...

it is...

JUNHYUNG FROM BEAST!!!

go read my changed foreword and congratulation to @cheloey who got it right;D