chapter 16: determination.

Broken Tears

Jiyeon POV

“You can’t come join us in heaven yet Jiyeon ah.” My mother said and smiled at me.

“Why not? I don’t want to go back…” I said while biting my lip.

“Jiyeon ah, you’re still young. You have a bright future ahead of you, you cannot give up now.” My dad said firmly.

“But…it’s so hard for me back there; I don’t want to live anymore.” I replied.

“Jiyeon ah. Go back. Turn around. We will see you again when it’s your time to come.” My mother said.

They both waved goodbye to me and started to move further and further away from.

“Wait! Don’t go!” I screamed, but I was pulled back by a huge force and couldn’t break free.

Tears fell from my eyes as I saw them slowly disappear from my sight and I seemed to crash down back to earth.

I opened my eyes slowly and saw Eunjung, Soyeon unni and Seungho standing over me.

Eunjung helped me sit up and asked me if I was okay.

“Jiyeon ah, did you cry?” Soyeon unni asked me.

I touched my face and was shocked to find it wet.

“Oh? I don’t know…” I replied, lying.

Then, the nurse came in and said that visiting hours were over.

Eunjung said that she’ll come pick me up after school tomorrow and Soyeon and Seungho left while telling me to rest.

The nurse left too and I was left all alone.

I got up slowly and to my surprise, was able to walk better.

The fall must have made my ankle better, I thought as I still hobbled but didn’t need the crutches anymore.

I hobbled out the room slowly with the IV drip and walked past the room next to mine.

Inside was a girl who looked around my age and she seemed to have injured her arm.

Around her were all her family members.

Her parents stayed to spend the night there while the rest of the family members left for home.

Her parents were talking happily with her while peeling oranges for her to eat.

They look so happy….I thought.

Before realizing it, tears started to fall out from my eyes.

Why is this world so unfair to me?

I never got a chance to have a family...

Narator POV

Jiyeon had lost her parents when she was only 6 and she was sent to an orphanage but she left the orphanage when she was 12 to fend for herself.

She has always lived alone and all these years, she has been working and studying at the same time to pay for her school fees and daily necessities.

Every year for her birthday, she would make the same wish over and over again.

Every year, she wished for her parents to come back to her side.

For 10 years she had wished the same wish but it changed when she met Lee Joon.

Being with Lee Joon, she started to forget the sadness of not having a family and from then onwards, she changed her wish.

She wished that Lee Joon would be by her side forever.

And for 2 years, that wish seem to be real.

But now, everything was back to square one.

Jiyeon POV

I looked away from the room.

It was too painful.

I don’t need a family.

I’m used to being alone anyways.

I touched the promise ring which now hanged on a string on my neck.

Lee Joon.

I can’t forget you right now, after all the times we had together.

But, I will.

And when I do, you’ll see the old Jiyeon again.

 

will reveal who the mystery guy at the end of the next chapter!
comments?