chapter 29: finding out the truth...

Broken Tears

 

Jiyeon POV

I was still thinking about Hyonsung’s unfinished sentence.

What was she trying to say?

“Hyosung. That’s enough, stop making a fool of yourself.” Lee Joon said.

I had no idea what these 2 were talking about…

“Oppa. Don’t be fooled by her! She’s back with Junhyung now.” Hyosung said.

What?

Back with Junhyung?

What was she talking about?

“Don’t give me that look Jiyeon. People saw you 2 together recently okay, you can’t lie your way out of this.” Hyosung continued.

Lee Joon turned to look at me.

“You’re really back with Junhyung?” he asked, his voice shaking.

I couldn’t take it anymore.

“You know what? I don’t even know why I’m here talking to both of you. One keeps maligning me with false rumors and one can’t even tell me what he wants to say…You can believe what you believe, it doesn’t bother me anymore.” I burst out and walked away towards the door.

I opened the door and walked down the stairs.

Lee Joon POV

Was Jiyeon really back with Junhyung?

Was she back to her old ways?

I wanted to know what was going on…

“Hyosung. Are you really sure Jiyeon is back with Junhyung?” I asked.

“Well, people saw them together…I don’t know if their dating, but why would they see each other again after such a long time?” she said softly.

“How can you just think their dating because of that? So if you hang around me everyday does that mean we’re dating? But we’re not, and to tell you the truth, I really can’t stand your attitude anymore.” I said and walked away from Hyosung.

Hyosung POV

When Lee Joon walked past me, I felt like my heart had been ripped out of my chest.

Why doesn’t everything go right for me?

Tears started flowing out of my eyes…

It was true that Lee Joon treated me really well after he broke up with Jiyeon, but I could feel that his heart was still with her.

I tried to act like I didn’t care as long as he was by my side, but it still hurt…

After Jiyeon changed back to her old self, Lee Joon wouldn’t even care about me anymore.

He always seemed to be in a trance, not being able to eat well, study well or do anything.

Seeing him like that just breaks my heart.

No matter how many times I tried to comfort him, I could tell he didn’t need me by his side but Jiyeon.

I wish I didn’t follow him that day.

If I didn’t follow him, I wouldn’t know the truth about everything…

I could have lied to myself that Lee Joon’s feelings may change one day…

But now…

Knowing the truth, I can’t lie to myself anymore…

But the truth really hurts…

I walk down the stairs slowly to meet up with Jieun and Sunhwa.

“Hyosung ah…are you okay?” Jieun asked.

I just looked at them and forced a smile out.

“It’s that Jiyeon’s fault right? Don’t worry, we’ll get her.” Sunhwa said and they both stalked off before I could stop them.

I immediately rushed after them.

Sunhwa POV

That Jiyeon was too much.

We’re going to teach her a lesson…

She’ll pay for what she did to Hyosung.

Jiyeon POV

I went to meet up with Eunjung and we sat down on a bench together.

I told her everything that happened.

“Jiyeon ah…Something’s really not right…People have also been telling me Lee Joon has been weird lately…but don’t think too much okay? I’ll find out for you.” She said and we got up to walk to class.

All of a sudden, I lost my balance and landed on the floor…

 

comments and suggestions as usual? ;)