Best Buddies

Can We both Win?

 

NARRATOR

 

“Since I don’t trust your driving, you will have to ride with Yi Xing to school, got it?” Kris chided, looking at Eunji pointedly. She groaned, looking at Lay with disbelief. “I-I can’t believe you trust his driving more than mine. He’s the worst driver in Korea! Probably in the whole world!”

“You almost killed me last time you drove, Jiji.” Lay smugly reminded, too tired to make a comeback. He leaned back on the couch and yawned.

Kris nodded at what Lay said. “I was in that car too, and I agree with Yi Xing. You almost killed us.”

“Seriously? There were no cars! Of course I would go beyond 200! How do you like me to drive then, 20kph?” She scoffed and covered her face with a pillow.

Lay chuckled and pointed a teasing finger towards her. “I doubt you can drive with 20.”

“I can’t.” She snapped. “I hate being slow. You know that.”

“How can a slow thinking woman hate being slow. Ironic.” Lay clucked his tongue and feigned interest. Kris just sat there, not amused with the usual bickering. Now with Eunji home, it was a hell lot noisier.

Eunji stood up and walked to Lay. “Did you just say I’m slow?”

“You think slow, like a turtle.” Lay stuck his tongue out. Eunji gritted her teeth and jumped on to Lay. They fell on the carpeted floor and began wrestling with each other.

“You slow woman, fat-!”

“At least I have an . You don’t!”

“You looked at my ?! ert!”

“You whine about not having an , moron!”

Kris sighed. Helpless, they were helpless. He looked at his two cousins rolling around like buffaloes, and another sigh escaped his lips. Will they even grow up? He doubted that.

The door opened and the head maid came in. Her eyes widened with the deathly match going on, but Kris just waved his hand. “They’re just playing.”

The maid gulped, not really convinced. “Uh… uh… someone is here to see the Young Miss.”

Kris nodded knowingly. “Let him in. We know him.”

The maid exited the room and moments later the door opened again.

A man in a varsity jacket and a cap walked in and grinned at Kris. “Hey Hyung!”

Kris just nodded back.

The man’s eyes fell on Lay and Eunji killing each other. He in his breath and clapped. “This is really entertaining.”

Eunji stopped moving when she recognized the voice. Lay pinned her to the floor with a loud thud. “You lose, fat-!” He laughed, dancing like a penguin. Knock-out! Yi Xing-1, Jia Li- Zeroooo!

She winced and sat up, ignoring Lay and looking at the man. “J-Jongin?!”

“Hey there, cupcake.” Kai winked.

 

“It was supposed to be a surprise.” Eunji shook her head in disappointment. Kai chuckled and enveloped her in his arms. He tightened the bear hug and made himself comfortable. Her heart fluttered, she could hear his steady heartbeat. “Lay Hyung called me. Told me you were back. He told me to come.”

“That bastard.” She hissed.

Kai chuckled. “Don’t worry, I thank him though. Made me witness a great wrestling match. You haven’t changed a bit, kiddo.” Kai heartily laughed and ruffled her hair.

She sighed inwardly. “Yeah right.” *Kiddo. Still a kid to you, huh?*

“Come on, dinner’s on Kris Hyung. We’re eating out!” He pinched her cheek, grinning. She rolled her eyes and pried his hands away. “You think too much of food.”

Kai hummed, slinging an arm around her shoulders. “Why, cupcake? You want me to think too much of you?” He poked her cheek endlessly. Little did he know she was turning crimson.

“Nah, think of unicorns.” She stuck her tongue out and walked to Lay. Kai laughed, shaking his head. Still the Eunji he knows. “But honestly, cupcake, I missed you!!!” He hollered.

Lay looked up and eyed at Eunji knowingly. She was frowning, her cheeks a light shade of pink. He looked at Kai and rolled his eyes. “Seriously, Jongin, you sound like a whining seal when you scream. Shut up.”

Kris appeared from the living room’s main door, keys in hand. “Come on, let’s go. Jiji, ride with Yi Xing. I don’t trust Jongin’s driving either.”

“Hyung!” Kai groaned.

Lay was smiling as he pulled you with him. “It feels somewhat good hearing Yi Fan Gege trust me at some things.” He mused. Kris chuckled dryly. “This is the only thing I trust you with, so don’t feel it.”

 

“So you’re really going to stay here?”

Eunji smiled mockingly at Kai, twirling a lone fry on her fingers. “Oh, no I’m not. I enrolled for one whole year, but I’m not staying here.” She mumbled. Kai rolled his eyes. “Seriously, how can you even put up with her sarcasm?”

“We don’t.” Lay replied. “We just let her talk.”

Kai buried his face in his palms.

“Anyway, Ji, Yeye wants you to visit the company.” Kris said, not even looking up from his food. Lay whistled. “Looks like you’re gonna need to learn the ropes too~”

Eunji’s eyes widened. “I’m too young! Did he force you too, Ge?”

Lay nodded. “He made me learn when I was in my first year, Ji. Anything is possible with Yeye. Age doesn’t matter.”

She shuddered.

“Duuuude!” Lay, Kris and Eunji looked up as Kai stood up from his seat and beamed. People all around the resto either glanced or frowned at Kai’s boisterous voice. He walked towards a guy there on the main door.

Eunji flinched, shaking her head. “How childish.” She muttered under her breath. Lay flicked rice towards her and chuckled. She looked up, scowling. “What was that for?!”

“As if you’re not childish.” Lay stuck his tongue out.

Eunji scoffed. “Says the person flicking rice everywhere.”

“Ya!” Kris grunted. She looked at him to see rice on his forehead. She pressed her lips, suppressing her laughter. Lay giggled triumphantly. “Yi Fan Ge, I didn’t know you eat with your forehead!”

“Stop it, Yi Xing.” He growled and wiped the rice off.

“Are you on a date or something?!” Kai beamed again. His voice could literally shake the whole resto. Everybody looked up to see him talking to a guy. Eunji’s brow raised.

“That sleeping jerk!” She gasped.

 

 

Myungsoo’s POV

 

He’s my best buddy, but he is a hell lot annoying. It would take me seconds to strangle him if he does not lower down his voice, seriously.

“Are you on a a date or something?!” He beamed.

I inwardly facepalmed, flinching from the weird stares we were getting. “Can’t you see I’m alone? Sheesh, Kai. Shut up.”

“I won’t, you know I love my voice. Everyone should hear it.” He shrugged and grinned. “Come, I want to introduce you to some friends!” He joyfully clapped.

To be honest, I don’t like meeting people. Especially when they’re involved with Kai. They must be , s,… or just plainly stupid to befriend him. I’m his only sane and normal friend, I guess. It’s hard to put up with his… noise. And despite his talkative nature, he doesn't easily get attached to people. Maybe things are just for one nights with him. Like girls.

“Guys, this is Myungsoo, my best buddy!”

I found myself staring at the... skydiver from earlier in the corridor. Slowly, a smirk tugged on my lips. The look on her face when she saw me was just epic. Her lip twitched in annoyance. 

“This is Kris hyung, Lay Hyung, and Eunji. Theye’re my childhood friends. Eunji here, is the girl I’ve been talking about. My best friend. Don’t you think she’s cute, Myungsoo?”

The skydiver blushed when Kai pinched her cheek. I shrugged.

She scowled at me. I scowled back. She rolled her eyes, I rolled mine too. I can play this game forever, don’t judge me.

“I see… you’re getting along.” Kai muttered. The skydiver smiled widely, almost too widely. “Very much.” She said through gritted teeth. This girl must really hate me. I feel special.

I nodded and smiled back. “Yeah, very much.”

 

NARRATOR

 

Kai nodded uncertainly at his two friends. “Well, since Eunji’s home, can I take her out hyungs? We need to catch up by ourselves too!”

Eunji forgot about the arrogant sleeping jerk Myungsoo and beamed at her cousins. “Please, please, Geges?”

Kris looked at her boredly. “Call me, or Lay if you need us to pick you up.”

Lay did an ‘x’ sign with his hands. “Nope, don’t call me. Call Kris ge.”

Eunji rolled her eyes and stood up. “Love you ges!”

“Hmmm.” Kris nodded.

“Hate you.” Lay smiled.

Kai chuckled and pulled her out. Myungsoo was awkwardly trailing behind.

“Let’s go now!” Kai grinned, and she chuckled with excitement. But her smile faded when Kai tapped Myungsoo’s back. “Dude, come with us.”

Myungsoo frowned. “No.”

“Please!”

“No.”

Dude, you don't have anything to do anyway!

No, Kim Jongin.

“B-but... you...

“I’m sure he’s busy, Jongin.” Eunji blurted out.

Myungsoo smirked, sensing her desire to vanish him. This sense of evil sparked inside him. He smirked knowingly. “Oh, I’m free as a bird. Let’s go, Kai. I’ll ride with you.” His teasing eyes never left hers.

Kai pumped his fists. “Assa! My two best buddies, let’s go!”

Eunji glared at Myungsoo. He met her eyes and winked.

Boy, he’s gonna have a fun night.

 

 

_________________________

hehehehehee

 

Thanks for subbing!! :) feel free to comment!