Bittersweet

Can We both Win?

  

 

NARRATOR

 

 

Feelings cannot be suppressed when they reach that certain level of intensity.

Eunji crawled under her sheets, not even bothering if she just stripped her clothes and was only wearing her underwear.

Her head throbbed badly, and her whole being just didn’t get along. She was devastated, annoyed, determined, angry and sad at the same time.

She felt like she never really knew anyone, except herself. She didn’t even know if she still knows herself.

The people she thought she believed in turned out to be the people easily driven away by facades. And she can’t blame them, that stupid put up façade was great, the girl could win an Oscar award. Heck that girl should be an actress, she’d be successful and won’t need to use other people.

What devastated her most was the fact that she couldn’t say anything to her cousins and gradfather, yet. She realized something.

Minah was playing the game well. And to beat her, Eunji should know how to play too.

She assured herself, she will never lose. She had one advantage, her opponent still doesn’t know another person entered the game.

She has the hidden card.

And she will be glad to play behind the scenes.

 

“Ji?”

Kai sneakily went inside the living room, followed by Myungsoo. They craned their necks, both searching fot their stubborn friend.

“What is wrong with you two?”

They turned around, only to fnd Lay sitting on the couch with a magazine. He raised his brow inquiringly.

“We’re looking for Eunji.” Myungsoo spoke. Lay shrugged and pointed towards the hall. “She left for her room a while ago. Seems to be bothered, but she won’t tell me anything.”

Kai exchanged meaningful glances with Myungsoo.

“I’ll go.” They both said at the same time.

Myungsoo cleared his throat. “I… I…”

“No, Maybe it’s…” Kai trailed off.

Lay looked at the two, his lip twitching. “Damn you guys just go together.”

They awkwardly nodded and strutted towards Eunji’s room.

 

“I thought I made it clear that I don’t want to see anyone today.”

Kai pouted and pushed the door open. Myungsoo again, followed behind. His brows were arched displeasingly.

“Cupcake we know you’re pissed with both of us~ Please just… don’t—“

Eunji snapped her laptop close and raised a brow at Kai, then at Myungsoo. “Don’t give a damn if I’m pissed or not, just get lost.”

“Ya Yi ia Li.” Myungsoo barked. He wasn’t liking the treatment.

Eunji smirked bitterly and snickered. “What, Kim Myungsoo? You think you can just call out my  full name with that tone and make me follow you around?”

Kai furrowed his brows. “Jiji~”

“Don’t.” Eunji glowered. “Don’t use that name on me.”

Kai let out an exasperated sigh and tried to sit beside her on the bed, but Eunji stopped him with her glare. Myungsoo closed his eyes for a brief moment and unclenched his jaw. “Stop this.”

She laughed. A laugh that made them feel what was happening. “Stop what? I’m not doing anything. You’re the one trespassing, aren’t you?”

The boys’ eyes widened as it dawned on them. She was angry, bigtime.

“Get out.”

Myungsoo couldn’t hold it in anymore. If she wants to play this game, I can too, he thought. “You were the one who barged in our houses yesterday. Right, Jongin?”

Kai hesitantly nodded. He knew Myungsoo was also getting irked.

Well, ohe well. Everybody in the room was irked, pissed or both.

Eunji shrugged. “Well, it doesn’t matter anyway, you guys shooed me away.”

“We didn’t shoo you away!” Kai protested, totally alarmed.

Myungsoo just clenched his jaw once again.

“Well consider me walking away then.”

Silence overpowered. The tension was heavy in the air, and emotions were pulling everybody to their deepest cores.

 

But before the boys can say something, Eunji was already one step ahead.

 

“You can go now. Close the door when you leave.” 

 

_______________________________________________________