Peeved

Can We both Win?

 

NARRATOR

 

“Well, bad news.” Lay barged in the living room where Kris and Eunji were sitting side by side at the couch. Both were too tired to talk. Tao, on the other hand, was sitting in front of the chess table, trying to find some entertainment.

Or maybe Eunji didn’t want to talk at all.

Kris raised his brow at the younger male. “Did you call the office? Is Yeye ready?”

“That’s what I’m about to say. He cancelled the brunch.”

Tao groaned loudly. “He made us dress up!! I thought he was excited to see me again!”

“Sad for you, ZiTao.” Lay chuckled and removed his coat. He flung it on the chair, and it landed on Kris’ lap. The dragon scowled. “Well,” He picked it up and threw it on the floor. “I guess we can have brunch by ourselves. We missed cousin movie nights a couple of times already, we might as well bond.”

Eunji stood up and dusted lint off her pants. “Or, I might as well have brunch with my friends. We failed to hang out yesterday.”

Kris’ jaw clenched. Eunji won’t even meet his eyes.

Lay pressed his lips together. This was not the reality he wanted. Tao was there, sitting stiffly as he observed. Maybe it's baobei's period, he thought.

“Jia Li, it’s a Sunday. They have their own families.”

Eunji smiled slightly and faced Kris. “It won’t hurt to give them a call, right?”

“Why are you gonna call them? We can just eat together.” Kris spat out. It was clear to him, and he didn’t like the attitude Eunji was using on him. It hurt him knowing that she was avoiding him.

Lay closed his eyes for a brief moment. “Ge—“

“I’ll do this straight then, I’d rather eat with them than eat with you.”

“Yi Jia Li! W-Why are you being a brat?” Kris roared, standing up.

She walked to the door and signaled Tao to follow her. “Sorry, I’m not in the mood.”

 

 

“Yi Fan Gege’s not the bad one here. Why did you have to be such a brat to him?” Tao clucked his tongue as he sat by the passenger’s seat. Eunji’s eyes were fixed nowhere. “I don’t know…”

“Are you guilty?”

“I love Yi Fan Gege, of course I do. It’s just that… I’m so pissed off whenever I see him. The thought that he’s not able to see how Minah’s using him—“

“Don’t turn your worry to anger, baobei.” Tao sighed. “You still have your temper issues. You never changed.”

“I’m sorry.” She heaved a deep sigh, gripping the steering wheel harder. Tao looked at the view otside. “You should say that to Yi Fan hyung.”

Silence followed. Eunji bit her lip, feeling the guilt creep up. She fished her phone from her pocket. 

I will, when all of this bull is done, she thought, mindlessly tapping the virtual keyboard of her Samsung.

They sat there in silence for a couple of minutes. Tao looked like he was deep in thought but who knows maybe he was just daydreaming about food. Eunji was texting.

“Whose car is that?” Tao spoke again, pointing to the mansion’s gate. A black Porsche was entering the estate.

Eunji’s brows furrowed more as she recognized the car’s owner from the lightly tinted windows. “The impostor’s on her job again. She’s even working on Sundays.”

“We’ll get to her plan, baobei. Don’t worry.” Tao smiled reassuringly. Eunji nodded as she stepped on the gas and sped away.

 

 

Myungsoo raked hair in frustration. 

“This brat… is so unpredictable, really.” He hissed, plopping on his couch. Just that morning, Eunji texted her that she wanted to hang out after her brunch with her family.

But then, he received another text that just peeved him to hell.

Brunch is cancelled. But, can’t hang out. I forgot, I have somewhere to go. Next time jerk. See you tomorrow.

He wanted to see her. Damn he was losing all his pride with this thing going on around him. After all, liking someone was foreign to him. Liking someone who was clueless as crap was another case. Yeah, he had such a sad life.

Perhaps, are you with that Chinese guy again?

He hit the send button and exhaled. He didn’t care anymore with what she thought, he was pissed. Well, he easily gets pissed, so it’s no surprise. He almost jolted up from his seat when his phone vibrated. Holy heavens she replied fast!

In case you’ve forgotten, I’m Chinese. My cousins are Chinese guys in that case. Are you referring to ZiTao? Cause I’m pretty sure Jongin’s Korean.

He rolled his eyes. This was why he hated texting her. When they communicated, it was always thru calls. She was such a sardonic little brat.

But oh, how he loved being with that sardonic little brat of his.

That guy wearing animal print and leather all over yesterday. Yes, that Tao guy.

He braced himself for the reply to come. He didn’t even know why he was so irked. He didn’t hate the guy… It’s just that, he was feeling something even he could not decipher. He wanted to be with her but instead that guy was with her. And he can’t be?

Yup. See you tomorrow, Myungie.

His brows arched. So she is with that strange looking guy from yesterday who calls her baby, he thought. A snicker escaped his lips as he leaned back on the couch.

“Wait—“ He jolted up from his seat, something popping out his head.

He abruptly looked at his screen again.

Myungie

Myungie

Myungie

His smirk was oh so undeniable. It was just too good for him to handle.

 

 

Wu Yi Fan is known to be the best business tycoon for Korea and China for snatching billion-dollar deals at such a young age. He earned the title dragon.

But the dragon was biting his lower lip anxiously. He may be strong, but he will always be bothered when it comes to his family. His cousin. Only girl cousin.

He knew; this was about what he said. About him liking Minah.

She didn’t like her. It was s evident. But why is Eunji being such a brat? He thought. She may be spoiled, he knew, but he also knows that she is not unreasonable.

“Maybe because it’s her trust issues again.” He muttered.

“Oppa?”

Kris lifted his head up. Minah was at the door to his mini office in the mansion. She was wearing her usual cheerful smile. “Hello.” He smiled lightly.

“I decided to drop by. Dad didn’t come home yesterday from Japan, so I’m alone on a Sunday.” She chirped and sat across him.

He just simply nodded.

She raised a brow, noticing his unease. He was acting like the Kris she knew before. Only nods, no words. She didn’t like it. He should be changing around her. He should be attached. That’s the plan, after all.

 “Is something bothering you, Oppa?” She asked, her voice coated with concern.

“Huh? Oh nothing.” He waved her off. Minah pouted at the act. “No. There’s something bothering you. What is it, Oppa? Maybe I can help?”

“I just… had a little argument with Eunji.” He sighed.

Oh, they must be so close to each other, she thought.

“Don’t worry, she’ll eventually cool off. After all, you’re family.” She smiled comfortingly. “It’ll get better.”

“I know.” Kris smiled back, but he knew deep inside him it was different. Eunji never snapped at him.

 This was different, and he needs to know what’s going on.

“Let’s go out?” Minah’s voice woke him up from his thought. He stood up and offered his hand. “Sure, let’s go.”

He’ll just clear his mind, he thought.

 

 

 

_________________________________________________

hmmm someone's petty. and someone's jelly

lololol :>