He Knows

Can We both Win?

 

NARRATOR

 

“You know what Jiji’s really bad at?” Kai looked up from his burger and grinned at Myungsoo who was just staring back at him. Kai shrugged. “Temper.”

“Oh, I know.” Myungsoo chuckled, the scene from days ago playing on his head. Eunji was about to kill somebody, he was sure. And why he stopped her, was unknown to him.

Kai wiped his lip as one of his girl sat beside him. “Hi, Jae In?” He asked, unsure. The girl pouted. “It’s Miyung, Oppa.”

Kai chuckled and tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear. “Of course, Miyung. I know, I just wanted to call you another name, to see your cute pout.”

Myungsoo looked at the sight with disgust. He shuddered, looking away almost immiediately. Then he remembered. *That Eunji flinches everytime she sees Kai with his girls. Considering she almost killed one yesterday.*

 

“I’m not really liking this.” Lay buried his face on his palms. Kris just sat there on his study, also deep in thougt. Lay looked at the older male and sighed. “Ge, what do we do? This won’t be good for her.”

“It’s what she wants, Yi Xing. We can't stop her feelings.”

Lay stood up and flung his arms up. “I know, but it’s not good for her. She would keep on hurting anyway. Jongin’s a man now, and he sees her as his childhood buddy, end of case. Nothing more.”

“She’s... hoping.” Kris replied, it hurt him thinking of his cousin getting hurt, but he doen't want to interfere either.

Lay sighed, as if his worried would come out with his sigh. “She’s helpless, helpless!” He exited the room with Kris pinching the bridge of his nose, still deep in thought.

 

“Riot outside school is pretty popular, cupcake, so you should be careful.” Kai suddenly blurted out as they were sitting on one of the school’s gazebos. It was another school day, and Eunji found herself hanging out with Kai, even if she is confronted with sights she doesn’t really want to see.

What can she do? She was whipped. And she had no toher friends.

And of course, Myungsoo was always with Kai, which makes them three people.

Myungsoo and Eunji… surprisingly can tolerate each other for the past few days. But bickering will always be there, add up the sarcasm.

Eunji looked up at Kai. “What makes you say that so suddenly, Jongin?”

“Nah, I just remembered. A girl was almost harassed yesterday for passing by that riot area.” He shrugged and looked at her pointedly. “Wouldn’t want that happening to our Jiji, now, would we?”

Eunji sighed and looked at Myungsoo. He was looking above, engrossed in his own world. Kai chuckled and noticed too.

“Don’t worry, he’s always like that. Weird.”

Eunji chuckled for the first time at the thought of Myungsoo. “Yeah, weird.”

Myungsoo didn’t care he was that talk of the two, he was lazy to speak and even look at them and glare. He liked looking at the skies. See, he wasn’t so bad.

“Oh, ! I have a date!” Kai jerked up, looking at his phone. “Dang, this girl is hot, I should impress her.”

He straightened his shirt and pulled up the sleeves of his cardigan. He ruffled his hair and faced Eunji. “Do I look fine, Ji?”

Eunji was looking down. Myungsoo finally tilted his head and noticed Eunji’s unease. Lately he was noticing things. Like how she blushes at Kai’s hugs and compliments, or even Kai’s simple cheesy remarks. She flinches uncomfortably at the sight of Kai’s girls and her brows furrow when she sees Kai flirt back.

And how she usually looks away, distracting herself.

“Just go.” Myungsoo spat at Kai.

Kai grinned and ruffled Eunji’s head. “Stay with Myungsoo, Lay hyung’s class will be over soon. Myung, take care of our cupcake here!” He winked and ran off.

Eunji sighed. *, , .*

 

“Do you hate always being left with me?” Myungsoo asked all of a sudden. She turned her head to Myungsoo and smiled with disbelief. “Are you seriously asking me that?”

Myungsoo rolled his eyes. “No, I was asking the air.”

Eunji scoffed. “Of course I hate you.”

“Feeling’s mutual.” Myungsoo shrugged. “Let’s eat ice cream?”

Eunji’s eyes sparkled for a moment. “Okay, jerk. Your treat.”

 

“Do you like Jongin?”

Eunji looked up from her cone with wide eyes. “W-what? Of course not! He’s my best friend!” She retorted, or more like fibbed.

Myungsoo shrugged, sensing her unease at the question. “I think you do.”

“N-no, I don’t.” She avoided his eyes, focusing on her cone instead. A chuckle escaped Myungsoo’s lips. “You do.”

“Really, Myungsoo, I—“

He didn’t even let her finish. “That wasn’t a question.” He raised a brow at her and bent his knees, leveling his face with hers. “You got a little crush on your buddy, huh?”

“H-how can you say that?” She challenged, trying to avoid his intense gaze.

He stood straight up and shrugged. “Aside from the fact that you’re stuttering right now, you get pretty uncomfortable seeing him with  girls, and you would always have this pained expression on your face.”

“I was—“

He raised his palm. “I’m not done.” He looked at her pointedly. “You look away everytime his girls arrive. You flinch and cringe hearing their cheesy words. And, you blush when Jongin hugs you, pinches your cheek or what.”

Eunji just stared back at him, flustered. “You—“

“I know, I’m a genius.”

“Will you stop cutting me off?” She grunted. “And… what if I do like him?” She sighed. She was defeated, she couldn’t deny anymore, Myungsoo just knows a lot.

He clucked his tongue. “That’s a hard case, you know.”

“You think I don’t know? Look at me struggle everyday, moron.” She spat back, annoyed and now, bothered. Myungsoo chuckled, pushing her away playfully. “Struggle more then, cause I think what you want is going to be hard. Being honest.”

She looked defeated.

He was right, she knew.

“Yeah, I’m good.”

 

That night, Eunji laid flat on her back, staring at the ceiling.

“It’s movie night tonight.” Kris peeked in her room. She didn’t sit up, instead she remained unmoving. “I think I’ll pass, Ge. I’m tired.”

Kris clucked his tongue. “You know we can’t pass movie night, right?”

“Ge, it’s just on our movie room. I’ll come down when I feel like it.” She sighed, staring blankly at the ceiling. Kris shook his head and sat beside her. He was carrying a bowl of popcorn on one hand. “You know Yi Zhing’s gonna be really mad if we let him wait.”

She closed her eyes. “Please, I’m not in the mood.”

Kris shrugged and stood up. He left the bowl of popcorn on her bedside. “Eat that, and go to sleep.”

She shook her head. “Yi Zhing Ge needs popcorn, Ge.”

“And you need comfort food.” Kris smiled a little, just a little and patted her head. “We’ll be downstairs.” He sighed and eited the room.

Eunji sat up and got the bowl of popcorn. She lifted one to , slowly chewing.

 

“Struggle more then, cause I think what you want is going to be hard. Being honest.”

 

Myungsoo’s words played on her head. She let out an exasperated sigh and shook her head, trying to clear off her negative thoughts.

 

________________________________________

It's starting soon. More Myungsoo-Eunji moments to come..