Getting Along

Can We both Win?

 

Eunji’s POV

 

Today we’re visting the company. The three of us are clamped inside the car, I, being the only girl, as what they reasoned, am subjected to be sandwiched between a -face stone cold man, and an overactive two-horned unicorn devil.

Great, just… great.

“Yeye’s a little mad at you. Or let’s say, disheartened. You didn’t even pay him a visit when you landed here.” Yi Xing Ge poked my cheek.

I sighed. Of course, I was planning to visit Yeye, but the thought of him bombarding me with bucketloads of work ideas drained me. I love him, I really do. He’s my grandfather, after all.

The staff all stiffened at the sight of Yi Fan ge. Mutters of good mornings and 'who is that' surrounded the place. I rolled my eyes and clung on to Yi Xing Gege’s arm.

“Well, my only granddaughter finally decides to pay me a visit.”

I sheepishly grinned at Yeye as we entered his office.

He was still my old Yeye, with ash gray hair, tiny wrinkles on his forehead, and that classical business suit. Still intimidating.

I half-ran to his revolving chair and pecked his cheek. “I missed you, Yeye.”

“Jia Li, you hurt me. Don’t start with those words.” He chuckled heartily. I pouted and sat across him. “Hao, hao. Dui bu qi, Yeye. I was late for enrollment, so I was a bit busy.”(okay, okay, sorry)

“I thought you told Yi Xing to enroll you?” He cleared his throat.

Yi Xing Ge’s eyes widened as he bit his lip. A-ha, that’s what you get, lazy-!

I chuckled and rolled my eyes. “I forgot to send the documents, so he wasn’t able to enroll me. Too bad, I was packing in China that I forgot.”

“Oh, is that so…” He nodded understandingly. Yi Xing Ge was avoiding my gaze. Serves you right, I just saved your . Maybe I could black mail him on giving me his car.

Oh yeah, speed limit here I come.

 

NARRATOR

 

“You set me up to another blind date?” Kris barged in the office, his eyes hard as stone as he waited for an answer from their grandfather.

Lay just shrugged, it happened always anyway. Eunji bit his lip, suppressing hes laughter. Their grandfather stood up from his chair and flung his hands up.

“You’re gonna love her, Yi Fan! Hen Piao liang!” (very pretty)

Kris snorted. “Ye, I can’t—“

“Checked your schedule, I cancelled your meeting with Xiang Enterprises. Tommorow lunch, wear something nice, and smile.”

Lay and Eunji looked at each other knowingly.

“He can... smile?” Eunji whispered.

 Lay shook his head lightly. “I doubt that.”

Kris sighed exasperatedly and looked at the two whispering. “Ya! What are you two saying?”

“We were just thinking, it should be a whole-day date, lunch is just… boring! Right, yeye?”  Eunji grinned. Lay clapped his hands. “Yes, Yeye! Don’t you think so?”

Their grandfather clasped his hands and grinned back. “You little ones are absolutely right! I’ll reserve you two in this new private resort in~”

Kris’ jaw clenched as he looked at his two cousins smiling innocently.

Oh no, someone’s gonna burn.

 

Kai slung an arm around Eunji’s shoulder, skipping as he unconsciously dragged her along the hallway. It was yet, another day at university. Worse, monday.

“So should we eat later at the diner?” He beamed, looking at her who was just wearing a smug expression. She gave him a meek nod.

He grinned like a madman. “Greaaaat.”

Eunji stopped walking, causing Kai to stop walking to. He looked at her questioningly.

“Let’s wait for Myungsoo here.” She shrugged.

 Kai nodded reluctantly. “O0-kay, wow, I forgot that dude.”

Eunji leaned on the wall as she blew a raspberry. Seems like her day hasn’t started yet. Kai leaned beside her, a little shocked. Eunji was the last person he was expecting to wait for Myungsoo. Oh well, they’re friends now.

He grinned at the thought. Good thing they’re getting along.

Ha, get along wasn’t really the… appropriate word for them.

Just in time, Myungsoo trudged towards them with a lazy frown on his face. Kai jumped up and smacked his back. “Yo dude.”

Myungsoo nodded at him. Eunji moved between the two. “Hey jerk.”

“Hmm.” Myungsoo replied, too lazy. He slung an arm around her carelessly, putting more of his weight there. Eunji staggered at the load and grunted. “You do know that you’re heavy, right?”

Myungsoo just rolled his eyes, not even looking at her as they walked along. “I’m too lazy to walk with my weight. Help me out, Ji.” He yawned.

Eunji just sighed and let him be. She was also lazy to think of a comeback, or argue. She just didn’t care anymore, just like Myungsoo.

And there was Kai, looking at the two. Maybe they were really getting along after all. In their own unique way.

 

“Let’s meet up at the school gazebo guys!” Kai declared as he pulled Eunji to his arms and tapped her back. “See you later, cupcake.”

He turned to Myungsoo who was leaning at the doorframe of their classroom, eyes half-closed. Kai chuckled. “Dude, Imma go.”

“Go.” Myungsoo mumbled and waved his hand dismissively.

Kai waved at his friends before he ran off to his class. Eunji sighed and walked inside. As she passed by Myungsoo, she snorted at his state and pulled him in with her.

Like pulling a zombie, effortless.

 

“Ya, I’m talking here!” Eunji groaned and slapped Myungsoo’s arm. He winced and glared at her. They were waiting for Kai at the school gazebo.

“Will you atleast listen to me?” She rolled her eyes.

Myungsoo glared at her for seconds, but eventually he buried his face in his palms and whined. “I’m so sleepy, okay? You won’t even let me sleep in class!”

“Whatever, go to sleep there.” She muttered and turned away from him. Myungsoo grinned groggily and went back to sleeping. Eunji looked around with nothing else to do. Her sight landed at the devil’s sleeping face.

She tilted her head, brows furrowed. Damn, this devil looks good. Too bad his attitude reeks of arrogance.

The boy was sleeping heavily, not even flinching at her slight touch.

She moved closer and grinned slyly.

Quickly, she got a black marker on her bag and began her work of art.

 

“And your order, sir?” The waitress turned to Kai.

“Three cheeseburgers, two large fries, a box of spicy chichken wings… and oh, a diet soda please.”

A diet soda, really?

The waitress smiled and left.

“You came from hell, I swear.” Myungsoo hissed, rubbing off the draw marks on his face with his hanky. Eunji grinned and poked his cheek. “It’s okay, jerk. It looks good on you.”

“Considering most people look at you, that just means you’re… attractive, dude. Jiji did a great job.” Kai chuckled as he hi-fived with the giggling Eunji.

Myungsoo dipped his hanky on his glass of water and continued rubbing intensely. It was damn permanent marker, for goodness sake.

“A mustache looks good on you dude.” Kai added.

“And connected brows fit you too.” Eunji added, suppressing her laughter. Myungsoo glared at the two before he focused back on vanishing the markings on his face.

 

“Babe!”

Myungsoo and Eunji looked up at a girl wearing fitted sequined shorts and a loose crop top. Definitely Kai’s girl.

“Oppa~” The girl smiled sweetly and sat on his lap. Kai winked at her and ther flirting began, on the middle of their meal.

Eunji focused on her food, but she was beyond irked. Her toes curled with unease.

“Here, baby let me feed you.” Kai cooed. The girl giggled and bit the fry Kai was offering. “It tastes so much better when you feed me, Oppa.” She batted her lashes and her finger seductively.

Eunji bit her lip hard, it was hell once again.

She was losing her appetite. Hearing all those made her want to puke.

Myungsoo looked at her and he sighed. He knows, of course he does.

“Oh.” Eunji gasped when she felt a gigantic headset being placed on her head, loud music playing, making her hear nothing else. Myungsoo winked at her. “Just eat.” He mouthed.

With that she nodded, immersing herself on the song while eating.

And surprisingly, her appetite was back to normal.

 

 

NARRATOR

 

“Fatass fatass fatass fatass~” Lay endlessly poked Eunji’s shoulder. She was typing wildly on her laptop for some essay due the next day.

Lay sighed. He moved to the other side of the bed and poked her waist. “Fatass fatass fatass fatass~” He sang, enjoying himself.

Eunji sighed and looked at Lay pointedly. “What?!”

“What’s that?” Lay grinned and neared his face on her laptop screen. “Oh, this?” Eunji mused, also nearing the screen to his head. Quickly, he snapped it close, causing it to hit Lay’s head.

He winced and glared at the younger one. “What was that for?”

“Annoying me.” Eunji grunted nd went back to typing. Lay rubbed his sore head and in his breath. He snatched the laptop, meeting Eunji’s death glare.

He squared his shoulder and gripped the laptop even ore tightly.

“We need to talk Jia Li.” He firmly said in chinese.

Eunji rolled her eyes. “Five minutes.”

“Well, Yi Fan Ge and I have been talking. We don’t want you to be hurt, mei.” Lay started. Eunji was about to speak but he cut him off.

“You can’t keep on going on with that thing for Jongin. You hang out with him everyday, of course with that, you will always be witnessing everything.”

Eunji looked away. “I’m fine, Ge.”

“Physically, yes. But we know you mei.” He raised a brow. Eunji sighed. “I’m trying to… I don’t know. Whatever happens, I’m ready. I can always come back to China.”

Lay scoffed at her. “It’s not that easy.”

“China will always be a flight away.” She pointed out.

“We support you in anything. Just… don’t get hurt.” Lay sighed at her helplessly. He flicked her forehead once and walked out the room.

Eunji sat there motionlessly.

“I’ll… try to stop this.” She bit her lip, a tear lining her right cheek.

 

_________________________________________-

sorry i haven't been updating. our wifi was broken, but good thing it's fine now! forgive me..