Obstacles

Can We both Win?

 

NARRATOR

 

 

“Be presentable.”

The three grandchildren sat in front of Yeye, nodding at what he was saying. He was giving some reminders for some ball that would be held that night for some known families.

“And Jia Li, you should be able to able to answer business-related questions. I’m sure rival companies would try to find some flaws in you.”

Eunji nodded. Honestly she didn’t know anything, but for the sake of saving herself from Yeye’s wrath, she nodded. “You know, Minah will be having a speech tonight about their new hotel project. She’s in charge. Listen to her you, might get some inspiration.”

Again, she nodded.

“And you’ll be escorted by Jongin. I already talked to him. Yi Xing you’re going with the Fang heiress, okay? Kris you Minah, of course.”

“Yes, Yeye.” They chorused.

“Good, my kids. Now off you go and don’t disappoint me.” He smiled. Eunji wanted to cry at the sight of Yeye’s smile, she just missed it so much. Too bad it was just for a second before they were summoned out.

 

p

p

 

Eunji walked around the room, enjoying the sound of her stilettos clicking against the marble floor. It was painful, but she was kinda getting used to it.

“How would I be bad- in these heels?” She muttered under her breath.

Lay, who was sitting on the couch sleek in his suit, snorted. “The fact that it’s surrounded with spikes all over it, mei. It does the job.”

She smiled. She chose the spiked heels. If she was going to be forced to wear some satin heels for the night, she should at least have the right to choose what it should look like.

“I like it.” She chirped and walked around the room. Her mullet dress exposed her legs and flowed like water on her back.

Lay again snorted. “Of course, you chose it.”

 

 

“I’m gonna cling to my cupcake all night!!!!!” Kai barged in the room crisp in his signature white suit and jet black hair slicked back.

Eunji winced at her overly-active bestfriend. “Hi .”

“Hi beautiful.” Kai winked and encircled his arm on her waist. “The music’s starting. People are coming in. We gonna go soon.” He turned to Lay and grinned. “Oh, hyung, The Fang heiress is waiting for you outside.”

“Well my life.” Lay mumbled and went out.

 

 

Myungsoo maintained his signature smug expression as he and his father walked towards the gigantic doors. They faced the press for a while, ignoring the questions, and walked in. It was like a routine.

“I’ll leave you for a while, son. I’ll see you later.” Mr. Kim clapped him on the back and left.

He sighed and scanned the crowd. He walked around a little, trying to find his friends. His sight landed at a very familiar figure at the buffet table, and he thought twice.

Again, of course, he was being good in his own terms.

 

Kai chuckled and pulled Eunji closer to him. “So happy to be escorting my cupcake tonight!” He beamed and led her to the buffet table. His eyes sparkled at the sweets. “Oh look, or favorite! Red velvet cupcakeees with cream cheese and filling sprinkled with multi-colored sweet tasty things that melt in your mouth candies!”

Eunji grimaced at Kai’s beaming. “I-I know. You don’t have to—“

“Let’s get the whole plate!” He clapped.

“You mean tray.” Eunji sneered.

Kai grinned at her. “It’s the same. Let’s go!” He whisked her towards their table, a tray of cupcakes in his other hand.

 

 

Minah was walking around the hall, clinging onto Kris’ arm. They moved from one group to another, talking about the ususal company-related topics. Myungsoo was ushered her and there by his father, meeting different people.

“You need more sweets, Jiji. Here, let me.” Kai chirped as he reached out a forkful of cake onto . Eunji pressed her lips together. “No.”

“Come on~” He urged, pointing the fork at her. She sighed. “F-fine.” She opened and Kai happily shoved the cake inside .

 

Myungsoo froze in his place. He was stuck with a group of hotel-chain owners, but his eyes never failed to trail occasionally at Eunji and Kai’s table.

He wanted to be with them badly— or maybe with one person only, but well yeah, nice situation. He knew too well, he wanted her to be happy.

That’s what he keeps telling himself.

He clenched his jaw and looked away.

 

“Remember that time when you got your first period, and we were swimming then, and I told you… why are you bleeding ketchup?”

Eunji burst out in a loud guffaw. “And then you were shouting, unlimited ketchup!!!”

“Good thing I’m a smart boy, if I wasn’t, I would’ve tasted the water with your first blood. That would be so gross. Yuck.” Kai grimaced and shuddered.

She chuckled and bopped his forehead. “You’re crazy!”

Kai was laughing with her when a girl stopped in front of them, smiling knowingly at him. She winked, her whole being just screaming sultry.

He head-to-toed her and raised a brow. Eunji sat there, expcting kai to just go on with the girl. She kinda got used to it.

“Let’s have some private talk, Kai Oppa?”

Kai shook his head instantly. “I’m sorry, I’m a one-woman man now.” He smiled at the girl and faced Eunji with those unreadable eyes. The girl pouted and walked away with her remaining dignity.

Eunji cleared . She was getting confused, and well, feeling awkward. “I-I need water. Wait.”

“I’m coming with you.” Kai firmly held her her hand and led her to where the drinks were.

 

“Oppa!” A hand squeezed Kai’s shoulder as they poured themselves some punch. Eunji blinked at another girl, smiling knowingly at Kai. How many girls did he flirt with already? It’s like half of the girls in this room knew him.

Kai looked at her apologetically. “Don’t touch me.”

“Wh- Why? You used to—“

“Not now, not ever.” He chuckled and pulled Eunji back to their table. Her brows were furrowed with utter confusion. Kai declined two girls, and he was acting all weird.

It made her feel… different. She needed answers. She needed someone who can give her answers.

I need Myungsoo, right now. She thought.

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________--

 

sorry for my taste in fashion. hehehehehe