Your Turn

Can We both Win?

NARRATOR

 

“You know sometimes I think you’re only using me. Everything I’ve done for you, they’re all mere benefits, huh? Is this relationship something you’d want to call going strong? A relationship doesn’t work with just one person giving everything! I’m a person, at least respect me.”

A lone tear lined Tao’s cheek as he finished. He sniffled and turned to his friends, his eyes expectant. Only Myungsoo was looking at him weirdly, the only person who still has to get over with Tao’s… uniqueness. Kai and Eunji never even glanced. So, Tao turned to Myungsoo instead.

At least he had an audience.

“Isn’t it a very touching line from the movie? I really cried hard on that one, and it still makes me cry every time I recite it.” He nodded with wavering lips, his eyes glassy. Myungsoo awkwardly cleared his throat. If Kai is already weird, what does he call Tao?

“Why would you… recite it?”

Tao looked at him with disbelief. “Of course, to savor the moment of my favorite movies, I memorize the scenes and the lines! I’m such an enthusiast of movies. Have you watched Titanic? It was so~”

He continued to blabber on. Mungsoo looked at Eunji who was stifling her laughter. “Don’t start it with him, he’ll never end.”

“Is he usually…?”

“That’s normal for him.” Kai butted in.

“And that classic backhug scene, marvelous, bravo!” Tao clapped, almost panting for he talked nonstop. “Great movie, really.” He shook his head, his eyes full of emotions as another tear lined his cheek.

Myungsoo could only fake a smile. What else could he do?

“Yeah, great… movie.”

 

Eunji walked down the corridors, a single Financial Accounting book wedged between her arm and side. She blew a raspberry, her head already aching at the thought of her next class.

“Isn’t he gorgeous?”

“Like super— he’s the bomb.”

“And I spotted him together with Kai and another hottie a while ago. This one had fierce looks, like he’s the ideal bad boy! He doesn’t look Korean though.”

“Psh, I think Kim fcking Myungsoo is still the best.”

Eunji rolled her eyes as she heard, or maybe intentionally listened, at the chatter going on behind her. This was not new, it always happened. She wondered, are here friends really good looking? They’re just a bunch of… derps, she inwardly snickered.  She almost chuckled herself, but something else entered the conversation that made her ears perk up.

“I don’t get why these hotties hang out with that new female Chinese enrollee. Especially Myungsoo, god! They look so close, and it’s already so annoying.”

“I don’t get it, why can’t he look at us instead?”

“They hang out too much, really.”

She bit her lip, unsure really. Were these girls so dense and oblivious to not notice her walking just meters ahead of them? Or are they just plain stupid?

Or they’re doing it… in purpose?

She was about to turn and use her I-will-high-five-them-with-a-stapler resort, but the bell rang, and she just could not miss that class. Thank you bell, you saved some poor faces from getting stapled, thank you.

 

“Miss Yi?”

It was weird. Why would these people mistake her as Myungsoo’s… girl? Are they that close? Wait— they are close, of course he’s her friend. But, is that wrong?

Should she even do something?

Why is this bothering her so much? Her head was already aching. There better be an answer, so she dug deeper into the corners of her mess of a brain.

“Miss Yi.”

No, no. She gripped her pen harder. Her brows furrowed as it slowly occurred to her that she was feeling something very recognizable. She was annoyed.

But… why? Why should she be annoyed?

Maybe because she was talked about? But that should be no biggie for her. After all, she’s bad-. She won’t get peeved by mere talk. And she wasn’t really bad-mouthed, she was just merely pointed out.

Her brows furrowed deeper.

“Miss Yi.”

It was so—

“MISS YI!”

She jerked up her seat, eyes wide. “Y-yes, sir?”

“Do I have to raise my voice for you to hear? Are you deaf?! Go here and answer this whole problem!”

Damn.

 

Tao smiled slyly as Kai rubbed his palms back and forth.

“This is not our problem, Huang Zi Tao.” He pursed his lips and leaned back on his chair. They were both staying at a small café near the campus. “Besides, I already helped them, you know. I triggered Myungsoo’s… stupid senses. Look at him, all love drunk with Jiji.”

“Well now, trigger Jiji’s.”

“That girl is stubborn.” They both sighed at the same time, which was kinda funny but both were too lazy to even make humor out of it. “Okay, so let’s just… do nothing.”

“What? Hey, my stay here better be worth it, so we can’t just do nothing!” Tao flung his hands up, a frown dominating his fierce features. He indeed looked like a fine young man, except that his actions said otherwise.

Kai rolled his eyes. He was itching to get away from Tao and his annoying nature. “Na-ah, Tao. Don’t do anything. Eunji’s stubborn, but she’s also ambitious.”

“And stupid.” Tao added.

“Right. And that stupidity will help her, really. Trust the expert.” Kai smirked.

“Says the one who believed in Minah.”

“Darn you.”

 

The bell rang once again, waking up the students from their slumber. Yawns simultaneously escaped lips, as a mixture of hyped and zombie-like students exited the rooms. Professors followed, all exuding their mighty charms. Little did they know students hated their guts.

It wasn’t just any other school day the next day, there was some school foundation thing program, so it meant no classes and just… laziness.

“Hey brat.”

Eunji mumbled incoherent words as she just passed by Myungsoo who was leaning on the door frame of her classroom, apparently fetching her. She trudged towards the hall, deep in thought and oblivious.

Myungsoo shook his head at her ignorance, but then couldn’t continue his range of thoughts. There was something… rather some color, popping out of Eunji’s white skater skirt.

And it was rather noticeable. So noticeable.

“E-Eunji.” He cleared his throat. How do I say it, he thought.

 Eunji stopped walking and turned slightly. “Myung! Hey didn’t see you there.”

“Uhm… Uh…”

She raised a brow. “What?”

There were voices coming from the end of the hall. Students were approaching.

“Myung, hello, earth to the jerk!”

Steps were getting closer, and closer, until they were there, students were close to them. They were behind him, specifically.

Eunji heaved a deep sigh. “Whatever, I’m leaving!” She huffed and turned around, walking away. Myungsooo’s eyes trained on the color popping out of her skirt. He heard the voices behind him louder now, so he just knew what to do.

He ran to her and pulled her close.

“What the—“

“Stay freaking still, brat. Thank me later.”

Eunji’s face contorted. How could she possible stay still when the freaking jerk was backhugging her. And oh, ignore that stirring feeling inside her. Her heart was pumping really fast.

Myungsoo's breath was tickling the nape of her neck, and his arms were firmly enclosed on her small figure. She tensed, this was not something that happened everyday. 

And this was definitely something that made her feel... awkward?

The students passed by them as if they were nothing.

Myungsoo pushed her lightly and stepped back as they were finally left alone.

“What the hell was that for?” She clenched her teeth, frowning deeply.

“It’s your day of the month. It explains the mood.” He shrugged.

“W-what?”

“You… leaked, brat. I was covering you.”

“L-leaked? You mean?”

“It’s pretty noticeable, because it’s… uhm… red.”

“Wait!”She panicked and fumbled around, trying too look at her back. She finally gave up and looked at him helplessly. “Duh, blood is red. Gah, to be a girl. Quick, hide me!”

“Do you still have a class?” He inquired, unsure of what to do..

“I still do, in twenty minutes… I can't ditch and miss that, we're gonna have a quiz.”

Eunji cursed and stomped her foot. Why should her period come today, when she least expected it? And when she was sporting a white skirt, for goodness sake?

“You know…”

“Myung, you’re a friend, right?”

“I don’t know if I should answer—“

“Can you please do me a favor? Can you… buy me…”

“No, no, no don’t say it…”

“A napkin?”

“, Jiji, just pure . I'm a guy, that'd be plainly embarassing.”

Please.

They stared at each other for a few seconds.

“Ugh, kill me now! Wait for me in the girl’s bathroom.”

Myungsoo jogged away cursing as he heard her mutter. “Faster. Faster. Faster.”

I’d do anything for her, really. But why this? He thought.

 

 

_________________________________________________________________

Okay i think i'd be like a broken cd when I start my note with:

I'm sorry for the late update, I was busy with school. And ugh! blah blah blah..

But really. Like really. That's all I can say. My course is... definitely time-consuming. Plus it's mind-wrecking. So, bucketloads of tears for me.

But hey, I... Okay I don;t know what to say.

Heehee i'd love to hear from you!