Nearer

Can We both Win?

NARRATOR

 

 

 

“He doesn’t like chocolate.”

 

 

Heads turned. Nose crinkled. Eyebrows rose.

“What is she doing here?”

 

“Jiji?”

Eunji blinked innocently and bit her lip. Her mind slowly processed what just happened and after a few agonizing seconds, all she wanted to do was slap her own self.

“M-yung…” She mumbled, heat rushing to her cheeks. Here she was, in the middle of a confession, telling the girl confessing that Myungsoo doesn’t like chocolate. Now who’s the ?

The audience that gathered seemed to see the negative side of what she just did, unfortunately. Some eyed her nastily, others were muttering ‘what is she thinking?’ and stuff.

But well oh well, she doesn’t even know what she was thinking.

“.” She muttered, head bowed, eyes digging holes on the ground.

Myungsoo suppressed his amused smirk and exhaled. She faced the girl who was extending her arms with the perfectly wrapped cake.

She blinked and batted her lashes. “Y-you don’t like chocolate, Oppa? I.. I can change it if you want…”

Myungsoo was about to speak even if he doesn’t know what he should say when Tao squeezed in the small crowd, followed by a smiling Kai. “Actually.” The panda spoke with his loud raspy voice, making his way to the middle. He winked at Myungsoo and faced the girl. “He’ll take this.” He smiled and took the cake from the girl’s hands. She seemed baffled but well she gave it anyway.

“He’s grateful, trust me.” Kai added and tapped the girl’s shoulder. “Right, Myung?”

Myungsoo nodded and smiled a little, touching the nape of his neck. “Uh.. yeah. Thanks.”

“Oppa, does this mean…?”

“No, I’m sorry.”

The crowd groaned in protest, but some fangirls couldn’t hide their little squeals of happiness. The girl looked down, fingers fiddling with her shirt.

“I’m really sorry. I hope you find someone else.”

“It’s… It’s okay, Oppa. Thank you.” She mumbled lowly, little tears streaming down her face.

Myungsoo nodded uneasily at the attention and bit his lip. He looked at Eunji there, standing like a little child. A smile came to his lips as he said, “Let’s go, Jiji.”

He held her hand as he pushed away from the crowd, dragging the Yi heir behind him. She walked lifelessly, as the crowd started to look at them walking away.

“Are they an item?”

“Did she reject her because he’s dating that Chinese girl?”

“Are they together?”

 

Kai and Tao looked at each other knowingly before walking away, slowly unnoticed by the crowd.

“That was bold for Jiji. But she’s so dense, she doesn’t even know what she did.”

“I know. Did you see her face? She looks puzzled.” Kai guffawed and shook his head.

Tao smiled goofily, ear to ear. “This is a great day. Look at the crowd growing crazy over Myungsoo dragging her away. At least people know that they can’t break that two apart, even if they still don’t know what they have for each other.

“Myungsoo knows. Eunji doesn’t.”

“Whatever, I have a chocolate cake. This is a great day.”

“You pig.”

 

“I don’t like chocolate?”

Myungsoo switched the engine off and removed his hands from the steering wheel. He faced the still bewildered and puzzled girl sitting on the passenger’s seat.

“Brat.”

“W-what?”

He chuckled heartily and looked ahead, his chuckles turning to guffaws. Eunji faced her and blinked, as if answers would come if she did. “You like strawberry more, don’t you?”

He turned to face her again. They stared at each other in silence before their lips tugged into smiles. Then they chuckled. Then they laughed. They laughed their heart out until they were gasping for air.

“Did I ruin your chance of finally getting a girlfriend, jerk?” She asked, after the laughter died down.

He smirked. “You got yourself embarrassed, that’s for sure.”

Her expression changed as she buried her face on her palms and groaned. “, I know right?!” She screamed, shaking from side to side. Myungsoo cackled beside her. “You got yourself embarrassed to ruin my chance of getting a girlfriend.”

“What is that supposed to… mean?” She glared at him icily.

He shrugged. “I’m just connecting the dots.”

“Wha—“

“You see, you’re pretty dense.”

“I’m no—“

“I mean, I could have a girlfriend right now, but you in and now my chances are down to zero.”

She glared at him and huffed. “You could’ve told me that you like that girl. You like her so much, don’t you, Kim Myungsoo?”

“What if I do, Yi Jia Li?”

She looked away and crossed her arms. “Drive back to school, idiot! Chase her! Be happy! Don’t make me feel like I’m a selfish of a friend. why did I even do that? I wasn’t thinking! Drive back!”

“I won’t.” He smiled. She was peeved to the bone, seeing him smile when they were supposed to be arguing. She just wanted to tear that goofy smile away.

She socked his shoulder which made him wince. “The hell?”

“Drive. Back. To. School.”

“I won’t, dammit!”

“Why?!”

“Because I don’t like that girl!”

“B-but you just said that—“

“I don’t, okay. Now can we stop screaming?”

“I wasn’t screaming.”

He rolled his eyes and exhaled. “Fine. Let’s get ice cream?”

She bit her lip and crossed her arms. “Only if you answer me. You like strawberry more don’t you?”

He smiled and ruffled his hair. “Yes I do, brat.”

“Great.” She smiled and socked his arm again.

He winced and shrieked. “Yi Jia Li, that hurts!”

“Drive, Kim Myungsoo.”

“Brat.”

“Jerk.”

 

 

___________________________________________________________________

I know. Why can't they just marry each other.

loljoke. 

end is soon! watch out!

feel free to tell me anything though :>