Impulsive

Can We both Win?

 

 

NARRATOR

 

 

“No, Tao. Just no.”

Tao pretended to flip his “hair” like a diva and stomped his foot. “You’re supposed to do anything for me!”

She glared at him in response. “No, I won’t. End of story.”

“You will.”

Kai chortled and nudged Eunji’s side. “Come on, be a good friend. Just join~” He wiggled his brows, clearly having fun with the tease. Eunji gaped at him and faced Tao with a firm face. “I am not going to join that Food Appreciation club! I get it, I eat a lot, but I can appreciate food on my own. I don’t need a freaking club!”

“But I’m supposed to recruit one person before I can actually join! If not, I will always be a pending.” The panda snifled, faking a sob.

She rolled her eyes. “Ask Jongin.”

“No hot girls there, I’m out.” He smiled cheekily.

“Actually, there is one…” Tao his chin, as Kai jolted up. “Curvy? y? Pretty?”

Eunji couldn’t help but roll her eyes yet again and divert her attention to other important things, unlike this stupid talk. Sometimes she wondered why she had friends like them.

She pursed her lips as her boredom kicked in.

Her eyes scanned the surroundings. Then, her brows furrowed. The jerk ditched class this morning. And he’s nowhere to be found. He was supposed to text them, right?

Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard a familiar voice giggle behind her. Her head turned and her brow raised involuntarily.

That girl from her class was giggling beside a sleepy-looking Myungsoo.

“Bye, Oppa!” She smiled and waved a little as they arrived at the gazebo.

Her eyes met Eunji’s and she smiled. “Hey, Eunji!”

She forced a smile. “H-hello.”

Myungsoo plopped beside her and yawned. The girl hesitantly walked away.

“You ditched.”

“Yep.”

“Why?”

“My head was aching. Why? You missed me?"

“No.”

She turned around and faced the two friends instead. Myungsoo smiled to himself and closed his eyes. “You missed me.” He declared, again getting on her nerves.

“I did not.” She protested, whipping her head to his direction again. He opened his eyes and raised one brow. “Okay then.” He shrugged, a smirk plastered on his lips.

She was about to say a lot of sarcastic remarks when Kai in. “Why were you with that girl? Finally giving her a chance?” He wiggled his brows playfully, glancing at Eunji who completely ignored him.

“Yea, why were you with that girl? Do you like her? Are you friends?” Tao mused, his chin. Eunji blinked, looking at Myungsoo for an answer. He shrugged for the second time and yawned. “Why, can’t I?”

Her eyes widened but she quickly composed herself. “Can’t you what?”

“Give her a chance?” Kai asked, now also unsure of what he heard.

“Date her?” Tao followed, his tone rising.

Eunji gulped. “W-w…”

“Can’t I sleep? My head is aching.” Myungsoo mumbled and closed his eyes yet again, causing groans from his friends.

Eunji snickered and slapped his shoulder. He smiled to himself, enjoying what he called the simple things in his life.

 

 

Kai was surprisingly alone, without no girls to hang out with, so he decided to accompany his ‘princess’. The latter seemed to be unhappy at the supposed to be touching act.

“Just go away.”

Kai stuck his tongue out. “You ditched your Calculus class, so now you’re gonna have to be with me.”

“I ditched because I want to be alone. Can’t you tell the difference between alone and with you? Sheesh, Jongin.”

“You seem so cranky today.”

“Am not.” She sighed.  

They walked on the second floor corridors killing time and waiting for Tao and Myungsoo to finish their classes. She stopped and leaned on the corridor, looking at the campus ground.

“It’s the jerk’s PE today?” She mumbled, brows furrowing at the sight of Myungsoo running across the field, drenched in sweat. “Ew.” She snorted. “He’s like a sweaty pig.”

Kai chuckled. “If I’m drenched in sweat, will I be a sweaty pig too?”

“Yup.” She chuckled. Her eyes followed Myungsoo’s moves. He was a lazy , running across the field with no emotions on his face. “He’s such a . No wonder Yi Fan Gege can tolerate him. They’re both cold hearted es.”

Kai could only roll his eyes. They stood there in silence, observing their of a friend.

“Ya, Kim My—“ Kai  was about to holler from above, when he stopped short. Eunji’s eyes also widened at the unexpected sight. The girl from her class, who was also wearing her PE clothes on, with her ponytail jauntily bouncing from side to side, stopped in front of Myungsoo.

She held out her arms, extending a pink box to him. It was transparent on the top, so a chocolate cake could easily be seen.

People were starting to gather around the two.

“Is she confessing in front of all these people?” Kai snickered.

Eunji frowned, her head tilting to the side. Of course, it looked quite a confession. With the cake, the audience, the girl, the boy...

Myungsoo uneasily shifted his weight on his other foot, wiping the sweat on his forehead. He spoke, his lips moving slowly. Eunji’s eyes narrowed, she couldn’t hear anything, or even make out the words escaping his lips.

The girl smiled sheepishly and bit her lip.

“W-what is he saying?” Kai muttered, voicing out what exactly Eunji was thinking. He faced his side to look at how Eunji would react, but she was already gone.

He looked around him, and he was alone. He looked at the rooms behind him, but she was not there. He gasped a little and ran again to the balcony of the second floor corridor.

He looked down, and there she was, walking straight towards Myungsoo.

His eyes widened for a second, before a smirk tugged on his lips.

 

“Now, what will you do, Yi Jia Li?”

 

 

________________________________________________

So my term break comes next next week.

I'll write more after my departmental exams. screw me.

have you heard about Myungie's dating scandal?

lol i don't know what to say.