Snake

Can We both Win?

NARRATOR

 

The Yi Mansion was quiet. A day passed after Yeye’s scolding.

“Ye…”

“Come in, Jia Li.”

Eunji hesitantly pushed the door open. Yeye was as usual, seated in front of his desk with some papers in hand.

He removed his glasses and placed the papers down. “I have been waiting for you, you stubborn brat.”

“Dui bu qi, Yeye.” She muttered lowly, making her way towards him. A soft smile appeared on Yeye’s face. He stood up and motioned her to come over. “You did what you had to, I wanted you to do that. You see everything now?”

“I do.” She mumbled, being enveloped in his arms. She wrapped her arms around him and squeezed him tight. “I missed you Yeye!”

“I know you do~ Now don’t suffocate me.”

She chuckled and pulled away.

“Now can I ask you a favor?”

She lightly giggled. “Anything.”

“Please send these confidential documents to the Kangs. Just go to Minah’s office or give it to her secretary. I’d ask Yi Fan but he got a little mad at me for scolding you.”

“Yi Fan Gege loves me, Yeye.” She laughed.

 

Eunji’s POV

 

I don’t know why, I just get some kind of bad vibes around Minah. But I’ll be better now, I’ll stop this thing going on inside me.

Maybe it’s because of what I witnessed. Her judgmental and clingy attitude, maybe? No I won’t sound like the jealous cousin. Na-ah.

I can’t be a brat, right? Maybe she’s just… like that.

Their company is huge, the building equipped with busy employees darting here and there. Now I just have to find Kang Minah’s office.

 Made my way to the elevator, squeezing in the crowd of buzzed workers caught in their own world. Maybe this is how companies are like. Don’t judge me, I didn’t train yet.

Yet. Sigh.

 

 

 

NARRATOR

 

Eunji stepped out the fifth floor where the executive offices were. She bit her lip as she scanned the signs, looking for any signs of Minah.

She stopped by the huge glass walls at the end of the room. It was a large waiting area, but there seemed to be no signs of people anywhere.

“Miss?”

She turned around. “Oh, Good Morning. I’m here for Kang Minah.”

“Your name?”

“I’m from The Yi Family. Yi Jia Li.”

The girl’s eyes sparked in recognition. “Of course, Young Miss. Please wait here, she’s currently in a phone meeting.”

Eunji nodded and followed the lady to the lounge. She sat there and played with her fingers like a little child. Half an hour passed, and still there was no signs of her. She blew a raspberry and stood up.

The secretary left for some matters she didn’t want to know. With heavy steps she strolled around the hall.

 

Vice President, Kang Minah

Eunji gasped at the sign. The office! Maybe she’s here?

Or she could just leave the documents? But they were confidential. Eunji sighed, this was getting really annoying. She pushed the slightly ajar door and peeked inside.

This is trespassing, she thought.

“Minah-sshi?”

No response. She walked to the desk and placed the files. Done, now she can go.

She was about to walk away when her eyes caught something. On a clear folder, there were some papers she should not be worrying about.

But it was something familiar. Like statements.

Bank statements, she thought.

Her eyes widened. She took enough courses to be able to recognize what the records meant. She should not care, right? But it was not expected.

They were on the brink of bankruptcy.

 

“Dad? Please listen~”

She turned around and fumbled with the files she was supposed to deliver. She held it close to her chest and walked towards the middle of the office.

“Dad I’m really doing my best. Please be patient… I know, I know. I have been doing what you told me.”

Her brows furrowed. Minah was close. She had to be.

Eunji walked out the office carefully, still holding the files. She walked to the hall and stood there, glued.

“He’s slowly opening up to me. It’ll be soon, Dad. I will anything to protect our company. I will save us.”

He? Eunji’s breathing went slower.

“Even the elder favors me, Dad. The family is leaning on. I can make this happen, just wait. I will make a way.”

With that Eunji didn’t hesitate to walk towards the secretary.

“I was at the bathroom. Tell Miss Kang these are for her.”

With that she walked away, her thoughts running wild.

 

Kang Minah, what are you trying to do? She thought.

 

 

___________________________________________