By your side

Can We both Win?

NARRATOR

 

Eunji smiled uneasily as she sat in front of Tao and Yeye.She was squirming in her seat now for the past few minutes. Lay was sitting beside her, not talking. He chose not to.

“I wonder what’s taking them too long?” Yeye mused, looking at his watch. Tao looked at Eunji and smiled softly. As if the smile could chase the worry away.

But no, and Tao knew that. He was also being eaten up by his own worries, but he needs to put up a facade.

She couldn’t smile back. Where is Kris? Did he find out?

Did it.. happen? Just as planned?

She woke up from her nervous thoughts when her phone vibrated on her purse. She quickly fished it out and excused herself. She walked to the farthest corner of the private dining are and picked up Myungsoo’s call.

“Myung?”

“You’re right. I’m sorry.” He was breathless, like he was about to bawl out.

“What?”

“Minah. She’s not who she is. Please, Ji forgive me.”

She couldn’t belive what she was hearing. Myungsoo found out. But… how?

“I… How did you?”

“The same way Kris hyung did.”

“Kris…?”

“He heard. No— we heard. Jiji, We all thought you were lying because you just cared too much for Kri—“

“No, Myung that’s not important. Where is Yi Fan gege now?”

“He abruptly left without a word.”

Eunji closed her eyes briefly. “M-myung, can you pick me up? I’m in Hyatt.”

“I’ll be there.”

Eunji’s brows arched as she ended the call. It worked, but the consequences also worked fast. Kris… is broken, she knew. And she did this, she planned this.

She jogged to the dining table and looked at Tao knowingly. It happened, they both did it. But it's not a happy ending.

“I’m going to find Kris Gege. H-he found out.”

“What?” Yeye asked, clueless. Lay looked at her too, questioningly.

Eunji hurriedly slipped in her trench coat. “Tao can explain, Yeye. I’m sorry.”

“Yi Jia Li!” Yeye hollered, but she was already rushing out.

 

“Really, Ji, I’m really sorry. We all are.” Myungsoo couldn’t stop, he felt like he was slapped by reality in the face. But Eunji just buckled herself and didn’t say a word. Her mind was preoccupied and set to one thing— finding Wu Yi Fan.

“Please, let’s find Gege.” She pleaded, her voice shaky. She did this to him, she hurt him, but she had to.

Myungsoo nodded and stepped on the gas. She needed someone as of the moment, and he knew he would be that someone. He would be beside her at that moment.

“Where should we go first?” He asked.

“I don’t know!” She panicked, a small tear lining her cheek. Myungsoo exhaled and stepped on the gas more. “We’ll find him, Ji. Don’t worry.”

“I’m sorry, Gege… I’m sorry…” She muttered endlessly to herself.

Myungsoo’s heart ached at the sight.

Kris hyung where are you, he thought.

“Wait myung, I know where he is.” Eunji looked up.

He waited for her to continue.

“Home.”

 

Kris stepped inside his study. The dragon kept his face straight, his steps heavy. He closed the door with a small clicking of the knob. He didn’t even bother turning the lights on, he went straight to the small couch and sat there, alone with the silence.

The deafening silence was his friend.

He saw it all coming, yet he ignored his instincts, his cousin, because of a stupid desire. He desired a girl, for the very first time in his life.

He desired affection. 

But it came upon him like a lash, striking when he wasn’t looking.

Wu Yi Fan is the business world’s young and fierce dragon.

But now, alone in his study, he was a mere lamb. Powerless.

 

Eunji rushed inside the house. She knew him well, Wu Yi Fan would never anywhere, he just wanted to be alone. And his study was the best place, since he knew everyone was out.

She inhaled and exhaled before she stepped towards the door.

She was about to push it open when she heard it. There, swimming in the silence that surrounded the estate. The faint sniffles of a man who never cried. A man who last cried when his parents died, and didn’t cry again even after scraping his knee as a kid.

Wu Yi Fan, she knew, was broken.

And she couldn’t see him like this. She knew he did not want anyone to see him like this.

 

She turned around and let her tears fall too. She walked towards her room only to be pulled by Myungsoo towards the lounge room.

“I hurt him, Myung.” She whispered, now choking on her own tears. Myungsoo closed his eyes as he felt his heart ache with her tears. He let her sit down and sat beside her, keeping her as close as possible. 

If only he could ease the pain.

She trembled with her cries, as Myungsoo felt her bury herself on his chest more. If he could pull her closer, he would. But she was the closest she can be. He kissed her hair and hoped to himself that her pain would all vanish.

Maybe this is why he met her, for him to be there in her sorrows.

He regrets nothing. Meeting her, being her jerk… everything.

 

Except for one, not believing her when he knew he should've.

 

__________________________________________

 

GAHD STAHP.