Tongue Tied

Can We both Win?

NARRATOR

 

Eunji gasped at the sight in front of her. She stumbled a little upon reaching the mahogany table at the center of the room. The mild scent of coffee and books swarmed her surrounding.

“You didn’t inform us that you were… going home today, Yeye.” She smiled uncertainly and kissed his wrinkled cheek. Yeye softly smiled back and motioned her to sit across him. She did and fiddled with the hem of her shirt.

It was too abrupt. They were still planning on how to tell Yeye about her current… condition. And yet, there he was, sitting in front of her with that usual elegant look that seemed to know everything before she did.

Yeye took a sip of his coffee and savored the silence. She studied him closely but was interrupted when his eyes met hers. She almost flinched.

“I know about it, Li. You don’t have to be nervous.”

Her eyes widened and her brows arched. “You… Myungsoo?”

“Yes. I know. After all, I have my sources.” Yeye lightly chuckled.

She frowned and eyed him pointedly. “Are you spying on me, Yeye? That’s not nice.”

“Spy on you? Please, I’m old enough to think like grandfathers on those Korean dramas. Yi Xing told me yesterday night. He’s quite excited with you two.”

If she had super strength the arm rest would have been crushed with her grip. Lay was going to get some, and she knew it too well. That moron, she thought.

But she had to deal with other matters at the moment, so she had to postpone her murder thought of her dear cousin and focus on her grandfather.

“So… are you mad?”

“Mad? No I’m not. Although I would have been more pleased if you were the one who told me.” He raised a brow and waited for her response. She chuckled sheepishly. “I was waiting for you to go home, Yeye. Myungsoo and I… we were practicing some lines for you. But here you are, looking at me with that intimidating gaze.”

Yeye’s loud guffaw echoed around the room. “I guess I should shape my brows like you do. That way I’d me more intimidating. Do you know a good… what do you call it… sa… salon. Right, salon. A good salon, dear granddaughter?”

“Yeye, just… don’t.” She wanted to “face-table” herself that moment. Like she could just slam her face on the table and get rid of Yeye’s lameness.

His laughter ceased, and he cleared his throat. “Okay I’m good now. Back to business. Do you want me to arrange a dinner so that you and your Myungsoo can act out the lines you practiced?”

“That would be useless now, Yeye.” She groaned.

He harrumphed. “No, I’d still want to hear it. Wednesday night, here at home. I will be anticipating both of you kids, okay?”

“But Yeye!!” She protested.

He smiled and waved her off. “Get away from me now. Go out and play, Jia Li. Wo ai ni!”

With that she trudged out of his office, a disdained look on her face.

 

 

Loud rock music blasted out of the gigantic speakers. Tao swung his head back and forth and bit his lip with a weird look on his face. Boy was he enjoying his time.

“Tao!”

He didn’t even acknowledge the presence of a person in front of him. He was busy, period.

“I need to tell you something.” Eunji screamed.

No response.

“Gucci is going to release their new summer collection. It’s daebak!!”

Tao turned off the music and blinked. “Really? Where will the launching take place?”

She sighed. It was the only way to get his attention. She didn’t want to tell him because he’ll go hysterical just to see the runway. But she needed his attention for just mere minutes, and it was the only way.

“Where??!!?” He stood up and approached her. She held her hands up in mid-air and took a step back. “Easy, woah. You can get freaky, like woah.”

“Where?!”

“Paris.”

He jumped back on his couch and snatched his handphone. “Secretary Yoon? Yes, I know… I know Mama called me… Yes… Oh, well I need you to do me a favor… Yes… It’s a fashion show to be held at Paris… Yes, please identify the date and time, get me the most convenient flight and tell Laura I’m coming myself… Yes thank you. Call me when all is done. Two seats, okay? Okay zai jian.”

Eunji blinked. “Did you… just…?”

“We’re coming!” He clapped and hugged her tight. “It’s gonna be so fun!”

“Tao… I have classes.”

“Oh, it’s just two days max.”

“But…”

“For the sake of Gucci, shut up and just agree!”

“Ugh.”

“Good baobei. Now why did you come here? Oh do you like me to tour you around my new condo? Wait, I don’t want to you can go around yourself.”

Baobei.

“Okay, what is it?”

“Yeye knows because Yixing gege told him and now he wants me to have dinner with him, together with Myungsoo.”

“That’s… fast.”

“.” She sighed. Tao’s eyes brightened.

“Which reminds me! I have these new socks I wanna show you. It’s neon!”

She glared at her friend. It was wrong to go to him for help.

 

 

He looked at her, standing there and looking so cute as she frowned. He smiled whole-heartedly and opened his arms. “Come here, you brat.”

Eunji walked to him and he wrapped his arms around her. She buried her head on his chest and just stayed like that, just because it was so comforting.

He smiled to himself and nuzzled his nose on her hair. “What is it?”

“Nothing. Can’t I just… come and look for a hug?”

He chuckled and she felt his chest go up and down with the laughter. Myungsoo closed his eyes and planted a kiss on her temple. “Come, let’s go inside. As much as I’d like you to freeze with the chilly weather, I can’t because your Geges will kill me.”

“Ya!”

He laughed and pulled her inside his house.

“So… what brings you here?”

“Jerk, Yeye’s home.”

“Really? I thought he’ll be home by next week?”

“Nope. Apparently my Zhang Gayxing told him about… us. He wants us for dinner on Wednesday night.”

Myungsoo tensed. He witnessed how Yeye could be… mean. But no, he’s a man. He’s manly, he chanted internally.

Eunji smiled upon seeing his anxiety. “Are you… afraid, Kim Myungsoo?”

His eyes darted to her teasing face and shook his head vigorously. “No! Of course I’m not!”

“Oh really? Cause I think you are.”

“Well I’m not.” He shrugged. “In fact I’m ecstatic.”

She rolled her eyes and leaned her head on his shoulder. His heart fluttered, and he hated himself for being so gay over the mere action. But darn, he wanted to broadcast it to the whole world that his girlfriend was leaning on him. Leaning on him!!

He of course suppressed his happiness and leaned his head on hers, as she closed her eyes. He reached for her hands and traced the lines on her palms.

“You know, I think you’ve changed.”

“Me? No I haven’t.” She murmured, eyes closed.

He smiled. “You’re so much stronger now. You’re not afraid of crying, and you’re brave.”

“Of course, you taught me that.”

His eyebrows arched. He was puzzled. “I did?”

“Strong people are not afraid to cry. Cry, but don’t break down.” She whispered. Myungsoo’s eyes rounded with those words. He recognized it. He said those months ago. “You… remember?”

“It’s my mantra in life.” She chuckled. “It’s even more surprising that it came from a jerk like you.”

“I am your inspiration, so I’m not surprised, really.” He chuckled.

“Gosh you are so arrogant.” She moved away and eyed him.

“I know.” He smiled cheekily and pulled her closer to him. “Isn’t that why you like me?”

She pretended to gag at his words. “Me? No.”

“Maybe I should’ve let you frown on the pool that day at the water park.”

“You can’t do that.”

“Oh I could’ve.”

“But you didn’t. Because you love me so much.” She put on her victory smirk. She expected him to protest and say some arrogant and sarcastic remark but he stayed still.

She poked his shoulder and he looked like he woke up from his thoughts. He diverted his gaze on her and said, unblinking. “Do you love me?”

It caught her off guard. She didn’t know what to say. “Myung…”

Myungsoo laughed and looked away. He dusted lint off his trousers and grinned at her. “What the hell that was so gay! Wait here, I’ll get us some ice cream, babe.”

She looked at him walk away uneasily, and her heart fell.

“Why can’t I say anything?” She whispered to herself.

 

 

__________________________________________________________________

 

I'm sorry. My second semester started with a bam.

hehehe anyway hpe you like the chappie. And oh, to make up, I made a oneshot of Kai. :>

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/589884/no-more-secrets-oneshot-romance-exo-kai-sehun

ok totes! :)