Bull's Eye

Can We both Win?

 

NARRATOR

 

 

“Baby baby baby ohhh~”

Kris exhaled and almost hit his own face with his palm. He could get used to his two idiots of cousins bickering always, but adding a stupid playboy, a noisy panda and a stuck-up jerk to the gang was beyond his patience.

“Shut up Tao!” Kai shrieked and threw a sushi roll at Tao. He caught it with his hand and popped it in his mouth. Lay shuddered with disgust, Kai grumbled.

Kris diverted his attention back to his book.

They are hopeless, he thought.

 

The five of them were staying at the Yi's family garden, and the sun was about to set.

Myungsoo walked in, holding a bowl of freshly popped popcorn. Eunji followed with a tray of drinks. She wobbled from side to side, trying to balance the tray on her hands while Myungsoo walked coolly holding the bowl with only one hand.

“I see chivalry’s dead.” Kai chuckled and stood up, only to get one glass from the tray Eunji was holding. “Thank you, miss.” He winked.

Eunji scoffed and placed the tray on the table. “I don’t get why I’m friends with you.”

“I don’t get why we’re of the same blood either.” Lay grinned playfully.

She scoffed with disbelief and turned to Kris. “Yi Fan gege! This is a serious case of bullying!”

“You’re a tough kid. You’ll get through.” Kris said flatly, his eyes not leaving the page of his book. Eunji sighed helplessly and sat down. She looked at Tao who stuck out his tongue at her.

She rolled her eyes in response. “I hate my life.”

“I hate it too.” Lay added, making everybody, even Kris, chuckle.

 

 

“Say Myung, there’s this party tonight at Supervibe. There’s a lot of booze, and a lot of chicks.” Kai started, throwing Tao a knowing look as he smiled greasily.

Myungsoo was about to say some sarcastic remark about how he hated people but then he caught Eunji’s eyes. He smiled and turned to Kai. “You... sure there are a lot of chicks?”

“More than you could imagine.” Tao wiggled his eyebrows.

Eunji raised a brow at what she heard from the panda. “How do you know that, baobei? You don’t go to clubs.”

Tao seemed baffled. He threw Kai a look which the latter purposely ignored. Tao cleared his throat, alone in his game now. “Well, the… the girls from my Food Appreciation club are coming. They told me all about it. I’m coming.” He shrugged. “It will be a blast.”

Lay tilted his head to the side, his fingers playing with popcorn. “You know, I think it won’t be bad.” He mused, popping the popcorn in his mouth after.

Kai grinned at him, his eyes wide like saucers. “You want to come, hyung?!”

“I said, it won’t be bad.” He shrugged with a small smile.

Kai and Tao grinned like retards. “Assa! It’s really gonna be fun!”

Eunji rolled her eyes. “I hate those things.”

“Well no one’s asking you.” Lay smiled playfully. She scoffed and looked at Myungsoo. Her brows furrowed at the thought of Myungsoo coming. She bit her lip for a second before she uncertainly croaked. “Are… are you coming with them, Myung?”

He looked at her for a while and smiled.

“Yeah, I think it’ll be great.”

“Assa!” Kai pumped his fist in the air. Tao was doing some weird dance as he munched on his sandwich. “You need some booze and chicks, Myung, I swear. You’ll die an old man if you don’t enjoy the luxury of your teenage years!”

“Yeah Jongin. Now shut up.” Myungsoo rolled his eyes, chuckling.

Eunji looked away, brows furrowed. Myungsoo looked at her at the same time, suppressing his smile.

 

 

Yeye closed his eyes, holding the brown manila envelope in his hands. He looked at the vast view of Beijing through his glass wall, thinking. Finally, he called in his secretary and heaved a deep sigh.

A smile lingered on his lips. 

“Send this to Korea at once.”

His secretary took the envelope and did what he was told.

 

 

Eunji closed the door to her room. She jumped to the bed and covered her face with a fluffy pillow.

“Why am I so freaking… uneasy?” She bit her lip and rolled on her tummy, now laying back-first, her eyes glued to her ceiling. She took in deep breaths and tried to calm her thoughts.

She heard some yelling from outside and her brows furrowed.

“Butler Shim!!! Have you seen my blue dress shirt?” She could hear Lay holler, and she snickered.

What’s so good about that stinking party anyway, she thought.

She looked at the clock on her wall. It was already fifteen minutes past nine.

So party starts at ten, she thought again.

She tried closing her eyes, but really, she couldn’t pinpoint that certain feeling bugging her. She didn’t want her friends to go. She jolted up and sat at the edge of her bed, thinking it through.

Kai? Oh it’s more than fine. Jongin is a stupid playboy that banged girls every now and then. She didn’t care at all.

Tao? It’s weird. Tao never goes to parties like such. But maybe because he’s staying for a while here in Korea. Yeah, maybe he wants to experience the nightlife.

Yixing Gege? Oh that useless lazy unicorn can do whatever he wants.

Her eyes widened at the thought of the last person.

Myungsoo? If he goes, he’ll meet a lot of… girls there.

Then she remembered what Myungsoo said before.

“I mean, I could have a girlfriend right now, but you in and now my chances are down to zero.”

She stiffened at the thought. So Myungsoo did want a girlfriend, and the club was the perfect place to seek and play. She bit her lip as her brows furrowed. Her heart was racing at the mere thought although she really couldn’t justify why.

“Because he’s my friend and I don’t want him to meet those ty types. He can be hurt and played.” She nodded firmly and forced a smile. “Yes, I’m a good friend.”

But even her heart couldn’t be fooled. It was still pounding differently. She could feel the heat running in her veins as some stirring interrupted the regular churn of her stomach.

It wasn’t a very great feeling. It was uncomfortable.

She shut her eyes, and after a few agonizing seconds, she gasped.

 

“D-do I…? Oh god, no.”

 

 

________________________

 

meheheheheheheheh

so....

span

lols Kai