Not Anymore

Can We both Win?

 

 

NARRATOR

 

Myungsoo yawned and stretched his arms. Eunji ducked as his left arm was about to hit her straight on her face.

“Jerk.” She muttered.

Myungsoo just grinned and slung his arm around her. How he loved being around her, but of course he was fighting himself. He couldn’t admit that, not now.

 

“Cupcake!”

Eunji stopped on her tracks. Kai was already at the gazebo, spreading his arms. Myungsoo removed his arm around her shoulder and tilted his head. “J-jongin?”

“Why are you two looking at me like that?”

Myungsoo and Eunji exchanged glances.

“You’re supposed to be in a date every afternoon…?? Eunji finally said as a matter of factly. Kai shrugged and made his way towards the two. “Not today, not anymore. No dates.” He winked and hugged her tight.

Myungsoo moved away unconsciously. He looked away and tried to ease whatever he was feeling.

Kai let go and grinned at Myungsoo. “Dude let’s get some food. I’m starving!” He whined and dragged his two friends towards the parking lot. Eunji looked at Myungsoo with a questioning stare, which Myungsoo responded with a shrug.

No one knew.

Except or Eunji, she discovered something. She couldn’t find that fluttery feeling Kai makes her feel. It’s gone, completely.

Every hug, every touch— platonic.

 

 

“Hi Eunji-ssi, Kai Oppa and Myungsoo Oppa!” Minah chirped as she hopped in the ice cream shop. The tinkling of the bell signaled her arrival.

Eunji crinkled her nose and smiled. Kai smiled as well. Myungsoo din’t look up and just nodded as he ate his dessert.

“Thanks for inviting me, Oppa.” She lightly nudged Myungsoo’s rib. He nodded again. Eunji’s brows furrowed. He invited her?

As they ate, Minah was talking about the upcoming charity enthusiastically. She clasped her hands as she caught her  breath. “I’ll be expecting you guys there?”

“Of course!” Kai beamed and looked at the others in approval.

Myungsoo looked up and met Eunji’s eyes.

You will go, we talked about this. He thought as he pierced her eyes with his.

Eunji stared back at him with the same intensity.

Do I even have a choice? She inwardly scoffed.

“G-guys…?” Kai cleared his throat. Eunji broke the contact and grinned at Minah. “Of course, anything for the children.”

“Great.” Myungsoo seconded.

 

Yeye furrowed his brows as he scanned the papers inside the brown manila envelope. His bit his lip and nodded as his eyes skimmed the words.

He placed the papers down and looked at his secretary.

“Grand Master, there’s nothing to worry about.”

Yeye heaved a deep sigh. “You’re right. I hope you are.”

 

The room was dark, only a small lamp illuminating poorly. The air was also dry for some reason, must be the air conditioning system. Myungsoo raked his hair with his fingers, everything seemed wrong.

Yet everything seemed too right to be wrong too.

He bit his lip as he tried to listen to his surroundings. His phone buzzed beside him, a call from Eunji. He stared at it for a while before it stopped. Again, it began to ring.

He closed his eyes, placing the phone beside his ear.

“I don’t know why you’re not answering. Throw that useless piece of ass phone, jerk.” Eunji ranted as he clicked accept. He smiled slightly at her frustration. Her voice was filled with her usual arrogance and sarcasm, and he liked it. 

He responded with a hint of annoyance. “What now?”

“I need to talk.”

He rolled his eyes. “Don’t you always?”

Eunji ignored his remark and went on. She was itching to tell Myungsoo her thoughts. He was, after all, the one who knew everything. The one closest to everything, yet farthest to doing anything. “I don’t understand Jongin anymore, Myung. Help me, I really am confused and... gah.”

“But this is what you want, right?” It was his straight answer. He could not talk about what was changing in Kai anymore, because he perfectly knew it. He just wanted it to get out his mouth.

Spit it out like some bitter medicine.

He could hear Eunji’s unsteady breathing. “I-I can’t understand myself too.”

Myungsoo chuckled bitterly. Of course, you’re confused because he finally likes you too. And this is too sudden for you. Getting your happy ever after this fast, it will really confuse you. He thought.

“It’s weird, Myung.” She exhaled.

Myungsoo clucked his tongue. “You’re too blind, Jiji. I’m going to sleep now. Goodnight.”

“Wait— I…” But the line went dead. She sighed and closed her eyes, placing the pone down.

 

 

“I don’t feel anything for him anymore.”

 

 

______________________________________________

 

well what is love really.