Now or Never

Can We both Win?

 

NARRATOR

 

“Wakey wakey!”

Eunji grunted as she felt her sheets being pulled. She squirmed to the end of the bed and buried her face on the pillow.

“Jiji, wake up. Cupcaaaaaake~ Aaaaaaaaah~” Kai jumped to her bed, shaking her figure violently. Eunji sat up and glared at him. “What do you want?”

“I’m picking you up?”

“No thanks.” She muttered and went back to sleep. Kai rolled his eyes and pulled her up to face him. “Go take a bath before I do something you won’t like?”

“Like what?” She mumbled darkly.

Kai smirked and carried her to the bathroom. “ Like this.” He chuckled and placed her on the bathroom’s cold marble floor, slamming the door shut as he left. “I’ll be downstairs!”

Eunji fluttered her lids and shuddered at the cold marble floor on her skin. “Damn.”

 

“Remember when we used to play house at your grandfather’s office? And he would shoo us away after we break all his ornaments?” Kai grinned as he drove.

Eunji sunk on her seat and fiddled with the seatbelt. “Yeah, and he’d ask Yi Fan Ge to tame us. Then he’d take us to Yi Xing Ge’s room where we cut all his precious magazine collection.” She laughed at the memory.

Kai chuckled and glanced at her for a second. “I spent my childhood at your mansion.”

“Yeah..” She mumbled, flashes of scenes on her mind. Kai smiled meaningfully as he faced the road. ‘I’m glad you’re back here, Ji. I really missed you.”

Eunji tensed on her seat as she looked at his side profile smiling as he drove. She felt her heart flutter as she hurriedly looked away. “I missed you too.”

*Maybe I do have a chance, Jonginnie.*

 

 

“What do you think, jerk?”

Myungsoo bit his lip. Eunji just told him about finally confessing to Kai by slowly showing him her affectionate side, and how she truly cares.

In fact, he really didn’t care.

He could encourage her, but there’s something pulling him back.

“I…”

“I think it’s time for me to just make him see what I really feel. It’s now or never.” Eunji spoke before he could even talk.

Myungsoo looked away, but eventually his eyes travelled back to her. She was leaning her head on the table, her eyes expectantly looking at him for an answer.

He sighed. Honestly, he didn’t know what to say.

“S-sure.” He shrugged. “He knows you, after all the feelings could be mutual.”

Eunji smiled dreamily. “You think so?”

“No.” He blurted out immediately. Eunji frowned.

Myungsoo forced himself to chuckle. “I was… joking, Jiji.”

A smile again plastered on Eunji’s face. “Okay then, I’ll do it.”

Myungsoo uneasily shifted on his seat. “What if…?”

“He doesn’t feel the same way?” Eunji finished for him. He nodded reluctantly. Eunji exhaled heavily, her shoulders falling with the action. “I guess that’s what fate wants. I’ll be fine.”

“You sure? I mean you’re a weakling.” He teased.

She frowned. “Let’s just eat tons of ice cream when that happens, hmm?” She mumbled. Myungsoo chuckled and slung an arm around her. “Nah, that won’t happen.”

“Wow you’re actually being good.” She mumbled back.

Myungsoo smirked and pushed her, causing her to lose balance and end up hitting a random guy. Myungsoo just laughed at her, not even offering to help.

Eunji snorted. “So much for being good.”

 

Lay poked Eunji’s cheek endlessly. Kris was standing on the glass wall, looking at the view. They were waiting for their Yeye to arrive.

“Kids!”

They turned to look at Yeye entering the room with a grin on his face. He hurriedly strutted towards his only granddaughter and tapped her head lightly.

Kris chuckled silently, seeing Eunji snort.

“The date’s set. Satuday it is!”

Lay looked up, confused. Even Eunji furrowed her brows. Kris was the only one acting as if he knew everything.

Yeye grinned and sat on his gigantic revolving chair. “Saturday will be the company ball. Since Yi Fan and Yi Xing were already introduced to the public, it’s time for my only girl.” He winked.

Lay stifled his laughter as Eunji stood up as if to protest, but at the last minute, she could only sigh heavily.

Yeye frowned for a moment. “What’s wrong, Jia Li?”

“You know her, Ye. She’s… different.” Kris spoke.

“She’s weird. Sometimes I doubt if she’s a girl.” Lay added.

Eunji scowled at her cousins. “I… I… just don’t like attention, Yeye.”

“But this should happen. I want them to know you, after all. You’re our only girl.”

Eunji could only nod.

“And I asked Jongin to be your .”

That caught her attention well.

 

“And Yi Fan, you’ll be Minah’s as well.”

Kris could only groan, with Lay rolling his eyes.

 

 

 

Myungsoo frowned for a moment. “But… I have important things to do.”

Aye, Myungsoo, I know you’re free as a bird.” His father clucked his tongue. Myungsoo sunk on his seat, close to burying himself. “I hate business parties, Appa.”

“I know, that’s why you have to attend one, to train yourself and like it! After all, when I get older~”

“I get it.” He muttered, biting his lip.

Mr. Kim stood up and squeezed his shoulder comfortingly. “It’ll  be great, your friends are gonna be there.”

“Right.” He sighed.

 

_______________________________