Choices

Can We both Win?

NARRATOR

 

"When you told me we'd have dinner, I was expecting the usual dinner with peace and quiet. Not this." Eunji gaped at the scene before her. 

Tao and Lay were exchanging water splashes on the pool, accompanied by their squeaky sqealing that surely sounded like dolphins being murdered. Kris was the only peaceful one there, doing laps by the side of the pool by himself. Loud booming kpop music blasted through the gigantic stereo by the bar.

Kai was missing, which was weird. But his absence lessened the noise though.

Yeye chuckled and ignored her, moving to Myungsoo's side. "Hello, young man." Myungsoo blinked innocently, before shaking Yeye's hands. "Good evening Grand Master Yi." He smiled, almost too forced that it looked weird. Yeye rolled his eyes and tapped his back a little too hard, that it made him cough, startled.

Is Yeye trying to kill me? Oh this is gonna be the end of my life!

"You know, Myung, you can call me Yeye. Loosen up. You've met me before, why the sudden change, my boy?" He  smiled mischievously that Myungsoo wanted to run away and hang himself up the tree. But instead, he leaned on to Yeye's words. After all, real or not, it was comforting to know that he was expected to be comfortable.

"I'm sorry, Yeye. I..." He smiled sheepishly, scratching the back of his head. "I don't know how to act, I don't know what you think of Eunji and me. But I can assure you, I-"

"Save those for later, let's enjoy the dinner, should we?"

Myungsoo exhaled and nodded, trying his best to loosen up.

 

 

"Great pool party you got here." Eunji sighed as he handed Lay a towel. He got it quickly and tapped her cheek before drying his hair. "Yeye asked for a change, so we arranged a barbecue dinner."

"But you guys are swimming." She said in a flat tone. Lay shrugged nonchalantly. 

"The pool called us, we can't say no. Right, baby?" He faced the pool and pretended to talk to it. 
Myungsoo rolled his eyes and placed an arm around her shoulders. "I sympathize with you, babe. He's nuts."

 

 

The dinner went on as chaotic as usual, with the exception of Yeye making his granddaughter's eye twinge every single second.

After all, his getup was not the usual him. He looked happy; which is no problem at all, but his clothes screamed attention. The usual Lacoste shirt and gray sweatpants he wore at home were disregarded. He was in a neon orange polo shirt and board shorts printed with coconut leaves. And his sandals, it had miniature studs on it. Eunji badly wanted to slap Tao for this.

"Stop looking at me like that." Yeye glared at her after chewing his big bite of grilled patty. 

She cringed the more at his tone. "You just... Look..."

"I did great, right?" Tao grinned and wiggled his eyebrows. Eunji closed her eyes for a while and finally managed to face the ever hyped panda. 

"You.... You murdered my grandfather's classic taste!"

"Okay, calm down." Myungsoo held her wrist, chuckling at the petty reason she got worked up.  
She looked at him in the eye and finally calmed down. 

"This is infuriating. Ge, why did you let him do this to our Yeye?" She sighed exasperatedly, looking at her two cousins.

Kris raised his hands in mid-air. "Don't blame us, we don't like it too. But Yeye personally asked Tao to style him."

"What the actul f-"

"F-fantastic night!" Myungsoo finished for her, giving her a stern look. Eunji sank on her seat and looked at the horrible sight that was currently her own grandfather looking like a gigolo. Yeye laughed and took seconds before he recovered. Tao was smiling all the way. 

"I must have surprised you kids. But Tao..."

"We had a deal!" Tao clapped his hands, excited as hell. Yeye's eyes widened with horror. The panda giggled before speaking, making Yeye want to strangle him at the moment. "If I manage to make you go to Paris with me, then he'd let me dress him up at least once!" He pumped his fist in the air. "I was successful, you agreed!"

Everyone looked confused. Even Kris could not comprehend anything. "Why would you want Eunji in Paris? I thought it was because of the fashion show?"

"Oh you know," Tao snickered knowingly, giving Kris an incredulous look. "For her studies there. Silly gege, why won't you know about that?"

"I... Didn't know." Kris' voice faltered, realization dawning on him. 

He stole a glance at Eunji who lost all the color on her face. Myungsoo's lips were set into a thin line.

Tao's chuckled, but when he noticed everybody's stillness, his eyes widened as saucers. "."

Silence overpowered for moments. Eunji reached for Myungsoo's hand under the table, but he shrugged it off. She bit her lip and looked at Yeye, whose face cannot be read.

Tension was so heavy in the air, that it suffocated them.

Yeye lips finally parted. "I'm sorry. I was about to tell you tonight, but-"

"Dui bu qi, Yeye!" Tao interrupted with eyes shut, shuddering a litte.

Yeye didn't even respond to Tao but instead, looked at her granddaughter. "Your school papers are already done-"
"Wait, Ye." Eunji exhaled as his jaw clenched. Her mind was in a messy haze that the words escaping Yeye's lips were as foreign as morse codes. "What school papers?"

"You're studying in Europe. I planned this long ago, and the papers just finished processing last week.You wanted this before, Jia Li."

The males exchanged knowing looks, except for Myungsoo who was sitting there, still as a rock. Everybody anticipated his reaction, but he was stoic and calm, which was surprising.

"I convinced Tao, so you could take a look at the school there. If you don't want it, you could go home and continue  studying here. No one's forcing you. You're our little girl, Ji. You're my little baby, I just want you to be happy. I'm happy with whatever you choose."

But everybody knew this was not just about Eunji anymore. The man sitting beside him carried a lot more of his emotions upon the revelation. 

"Myung..." Eunji whispered, her voice almost a whisper. 

Myungsoo smiled, but it took him some seconds to do so. He squeezed her hand lightly.

 

"You should go, Ji. I'm happy for you."

 

From across the table, Yeye's lips tugged into a soft smile. 

 

________________________________________________

I won't even try to explain. I know, I know. You must be wanting to skin me alive.
Please don't, I'm still a teenager, who has hopes and dreams...
Lol
Btw, Merry Christmas dear subbies! I wish each and every one of you happiness and good health. As another year approaches, may you be closer to your dreams!!
Happiness and Energy, whoooooo! :)
For those who still has enough patience for this crappy author... thank you, from the deepest corners of my heart. 
GAYYYY! LOL
but srsly tho