Lingers

Can We both Win?

 

Narrator

 

“Ge?”

Lay looked up and rolled his eyes. It was early morning and Eunji was already up and standing on his doorframe. “Why are you here?”

“Did I kind of bother you last night?” She asked, not really interested in answering Lay’s question. A sick growl erupted from his throat. “I told you to call Kris Ge, instead you called me. Why, are you guilty you bothered me?”

“Nah, just checking if I succeeded in bothering you. And, I did call Kris Ge.”

Lay was about to speak when she cut him off. “He told me to call you.”

A groan escaped Lay’s lips. As expected. Poor boy, really. 

“Why did you ask me to fetch you early then?”

She shuddered at the thought of the diner. “I was bored. Jongin met some... friends.”

“Oh, why were you with that Myungsoo guy then when I arrived?”

She ignored his question and freely walked inside his room. As if Lay could do anything, Eunji does what she wants. She played with his collection of robots and sighed. “Can I ask you something?”

“Not like you’ll not ask when I say no.” Lay grumbled. She grinned and plopped beside him on his bed. “Ge, did you know Jongin changed?”

“Changed?” He echoed, brows furrowed.

Eunji nodded, lips pursed. “Yes, he’s a transformer. Look at him fight against the evil Decepticons, he’s daebak.” She exaggerated, grinning while waiting for him to respond.

Lay looked at her pointedly, clearly being serious. She smiled sheepishly and bit her lip. “What I really meant was… He’s… a player now, I guess.”

“Oh, that.”

Her head snapped to Lay’s direction. “You knew?”

“I heard. But I really didn’t give attention to it. Why, does that turn you off?” He chuckled and poked her side. She grunted and slouched beside him. “Yep.”

He exhaled and grabbed the book he was reading. “I think you’ll just have to deal with it, then. Or, better, open your eyes to other men out there.”

Eunji laughed bitterly and got up. “Na-ah. I told you, only Jongin.”

“Sure, whatever you say.”

She rolled her eyes and exited the room, slamming the door after her. Lay shook his head as she got out. “I honestly don’t understand you, Jiji.”

 

Eunji walked around COEX, nonchalantly talking to herself. It has been a while that she visited Seoul, and still, it hasn’t changed for her. Of course, she has a ‘purpose’ here. Or so she says.

“What are we up to today, cupcake?” Kai jumped to her side, making her squeal slightly. She socked his arm playfully and grinned. “I’m up for food. Tons of it.”

Kai narrowed his eyes and watched her tummy. “I see the botmoless pit is still… well… bottomless.”

She rolled her eyes. “It always has been. Let’s go, I miss this place to death!”

 

Eunji’s POV

 

We were sitting on the far most corner of a café, talking about life and catching up. Of course we would have done this last night… but Jongin was preoccupied. If you know what I mean. Gah.

“So you never told me about your new… hobby.” I started, twirling the straw of my milkshake. He looked up from his drink and grinned boyishly. That smile, darn it.

He chuckled with his deep voice. “What hobby?”

I shrugged, keeping it cool. You know, it should always be cool around him. “I don’t know… like last night?”

His lips broke out into a knowing smile. He placed his drink on the table and leaned closer, wiggling his eyebrows. “Perhaps you’re talking about… girls, Jiji?” He whispered.

I cleared my throat and stiffly nodded.

He leaned back and pursed his lips. “You know, it’s just a past time. We hang out, get cozy, and done. It’s not like I marry them or something.”

“Don’t you think you have STD already?” I blurted out.

He seemed taken aback, his lips agape. “What the lumps, Jiji?! No!!” He squeaked. I grinned and shrugged. This boy, as if you don’t bang them, huh?

“We just… flirt? Uh yeah… that’s the word. But you know, sometimes it gets weird. I hit on the wrong ones. One time…”

I just focused on his enthusiastic animated face as he talked. This stupid player best fried of mine maybe really dense, or I’m just really good a playing cool. He seems to be very open, like I’m his guy friend he could tell anything.

I don’t even know if I should be happy, or disappointed.

Either way, I’m stupid, and so is he. We both are.

“… and her perfume, gosh! So strong. So, I literally dumped her face on my toilet bowl. She was nagging, and cranky, gah.” He sighed exasperatedly, lightly psnting for air.

Dump in the toilet bowl? Literally? … Ew.

“Like, literally?” I echoed, disgusted.

His eyes widened as his face distorted with disgust. “god, not literally! That’s disgusting! What the hell is wrong with you, Jiji?!” He shuddered.

My brows furrowed. He’s my best friend, my childhood crush. 

But hell, this guy got some weird disease.

 

 

Myungsoo’s POV

 

“You should be able to understand the concept of handling thousands of people, and innovation.” Appa pointed a ballpen towards me.

My lips twitched. Ain’t nobody got time for that.

“Myungsoo?” He raised a brow, now crossing his arms. I nodded weakly and slouched more on the couch. He sighed. It sounded more of a sigh of giving up than a sigh of fatigue.

He sat across me and tried to look at me by the eye. But as ususal, he looked way. Everybody does.

“What do you really want in life, adeul-ah?” He asked.

I don’t know, maybe a big and still hot cheeseburger?

“I’m… young, Appa. I still don’t know.” I answered truthfully. It won’t hurt being honest once in a while.

He nodded his head understandingly. “I see, I’ve been through that stage.” He muttered, his eyes meaningful.

“Appa, I really have to meet some… friends. Can I go now?”

He snapped out his daze and nodded. He squeezed my shoulder and gave me a light smile. “Be good, son.”

I smiled a little and walked to the door. Before I could finally get out, his voice interrupted my steady but eager steps.

“For once in your life, son. What is it that you want to do?”

Why would he ask such thing?

I shrugged and nodded at him politely. “I don’t know, maybe… skydive?”

With that I chuckled and exited his office.

 

Suddenly, my brain darted to Kai's 'bestfriend.' That girl got my attention, suprisingly. I look forward to annoying her more, then.

See you soon, skydiver. 

A smirk invouluntarily plastered on my face.

 

 

_____________________________________________________________

filler chapter. :)

I'll start the university scenes now =))

thanks for subbing!