Comfort

Can We both Win?

 

NARRATOR

 

Myungsoo yawned and lazily fluttered his lids open. He groaned at his opened curtains and groggily walked to the glass walls to shut them back.

As soon as it was dark again, he sighed in content and walked to his bathroom. He smirked at his reflection before lazily snatching his toothbrush.

“Hey jerk.”

He turned around, eyes narrowed at his bathroom’s door.

 

Eunji was standing there, staring back at him. Myungsoo’s brows rose in confusion.

“Who the hell let you in?!” He grumbled, walking towards her and pushing her to the room. Eunji grunted and pried his hands away. She sat on his bed and began checking her nails.

“I let myself in, no need to be cranky.” She shrugged, now rolling around his bed. Myungsoo rolled his eyes and went back to the bathroom to finish his business. Minutes after he went out again only to see Eunji reading his car magazine collection, her elbows propped against his pillows.

“So, why are you here this early?” He yawned and sat beside her.

She didn’t even look up and began flipping pages.

It was surprising to find Eunji here early in the morning, of course because she never did actually barge in before. It was her first time, but it was as if it was a normal thing for her. Myungsoo ignored the fact and just let her be. The girl was bad-, and he couldn’t really do anything about that.

He looked at her and remembered last night. He knew for some reason she was going through a lot, but she seemed to be hiding it. Or maybe she was trying to forget.

“Remember what we talked about days ago? We need to eat tons of ice cream.” She mumbled nonchalantly. Myungsoo bit his lip. He remembered well, the conversation that they had.

 

Myungsoo uneasily shifted on his seat. “What if…?”

“He doesn’t feel the same way?” Eunji finished for him. He nodded reluctantly. Eunji exhaled heavily, her shoulders falling with the action. “I guess that’s what fate wants. I’ll be fine.”

“You sure? I mean you’re a weakling.” He teased.

She frowned. “Let’s just eat tons of ice cream when that happens, hmm?” She mumbled. Myungsoo chuckled and slung an arm around her. “Nah, that won’t happen.”

 

“Oh right, how about we get burger and fries with that, Jiji?” Myungsoo grinned and threw a pillow at her. Eunji scowled at him for a few seconds, but her lips eventually tugged to a mischievous smile. “I’d love that, jerk.”

 

 

Wu Yi Fan closed his eyes briefly before entering his grandfather’s office.

“Oh, Kris Oppa!”

He sighed, she was here again. Yeye stood up to tap his grandson’s back. “Minah’s here to give me these teabags. I realized you’ve been stressed these days you should have a break, why don’t you take her out for lunch or something?”

Kris was about to protest but his Yeye’s eyes silenced him. He sighed and nodded at Minah. “Do you want to eat out?”

“Oh, I’d love to.” Minah smiled back, taking his arm.

Kris bowed at his father before walking out the room. “Great.” He replied monotonously.

 

“You brat.”

Myungsoo and Eunji looked up. They were eating at a fastfood chain, when Lay suddenly arrived. Eunji flinched. “G-Ge?”

“You didn’t tell me you were going out.” He replied, sitting beside her. He smiled slightly at Myungsoo who just nodded back. He turned back to Eunji and glared at her icily. “So…? Why did you disappear last night?”

She shot Myungso a troubled look. Myungsoo cleared his throat, unsure of wht to do too. “She asked me to take her home, hyung. She… wasn’t feeling well.”

“And you leave early in the morning?” Lay spat back, unconvinced. Myungsoo sat back on his seat, leaving Eunji to her cousin. She should face him, after all. Why was he the one answering anyway? Tch.

“I… I wanted to hang out with Myungie.” She fibbed. Myungsoo’s brows actually rose up. His lips unconsciously tugged into a smirk.

Myungie?

Lay shrugged, letting the topic go. “I know you’re lying. Well, Yeye wanted you to have this. Go home early we’re having barbecue as usual. Myungie, do come.” He smirked, handing a small box to Eunji.

Myungsoo chuckled and nodded. Eunji rolled her eyes and took the small box from Lay’s hand, before the unicorn walked away.

“What’s that?” He leaned over, curious.

Euni shrugged as she flipped the box open. She pursed her lips as she read a small note stuck on it.

 

Enjoy, Jia Li.

But always remember, there’s a thing called speed limit.

- Yeye

 

A light squeal escaped her lips as she took out the small key hidden underneath the note. She flashed Myungsoo a cheeky smile before speaking.

“Want a ride to the ice cream shop?” She beamed.

 

Kai stretched his arms wide. He groggily pulled the sheets away and blinked. The clock ticked 1pm beside him. He groaned.

“Great, it’s Sunday and all I’ll ever be is lazy.” He muttered as he fished his phone out his suit the night before. Few messages were already staring back at him. He scrolled down and frowned.

No messages from Jiji?

That’s… unusual.

 

Myungsoo twitched his lip as Eunji placed her third cup of sundae down. She cheekily smiled at him and pushed the empty cups away. “More~” She giggled.

Myungsoo sighed and pushed his first cup to her. “Here, eat mine.”

“But you already ate it. Gross. We’re not sharing sa—“ She protested, but he cut her off in an instant with his death glare.

“Do you want it or not?” He hissed.

Eunji smiled sheepishly as she slowly took his sundae, sticking a spoon to her lips. “Hehe, thanks, Myung.”

“Pig.” He muttered under his breath, looking at the girl eating carelessly in front of him. He looked at her with scrutinizing eyes when a thought hit him.

He felt comfortable around her, which is unlikely for the Kim Myungsoo.

 

Eunji drowned herself in euphoria as she endlessly stuck spoons of ice cream to . The cold sweet cream relaxed her mentally, at least helping her grip to whatever strength she has left.

She felt down, really down. But she had to smile and be strong. She couldn't let her weakling self destroy her. Jongin was not everything, she knew. And she wanted to turn away from her childhood fantasies. It was an unrequited love, who can be blamed?

But now she'll take in everything step by step. Jongin will forever be her bestfriend. The thought made her smile.

She looked up to see Myungsoo's arrogant stare. She gave him a smirk before looking back at her cup. She really didn't know. It was early morning and she found herself at his house's doorstep.

Maybe bacause somehow, she let Myungsoo know who she is.

And undoubtedly, she felt comfotable around him, which is surprising for the Yi Heiress.

 

___________________________________________________

 

p