Trust and Love

Can We both Win?

 

NARRATOR

 

Kai winced as he received another slap on the arm.

“Okay, I’m sorry!” He whined, raising both his hands up in surrender. Eunji shot daggers through her eyes and crossed her arms. “You should be. What kind of bestfriend are you?”

“I tried to find you, cupcake. But it was too crowded. And you didn’t even call me!” Kai protested, stomping his foot as he rubbed his arm as if to comfort himself.

“I didn’t need to, Myungsoo arrived.” She shrugged and faced Kai. They were already on her room. Students were already piling inside.

Kai’s eyebrows furrowed. “Myungsoo?”

“Who else?” She rolled her eyes and leaned on the door frame. Kai bit his lip and shrugged. “You two seem pretty close, eh?”

“Aside from you, he’s my only… tolerable friend here.” She chuckled. Kai’s brows rose as he watched her laugh.

She caught his stare and her face turned sour in an instant. “What?” She snapped.

Kai jerked up and cleared his throat. “Nothing. I’m just glad I have my two buddies with me.” He smiled and placed his hands on his pocket.

Eunji looked down. Again, the word ‘buddy’ hit her like a knife.

“Yeah… I guess.”

“Come on, Ji, give me a hug before I go.” Kai wrapped his arms around her in a bear hug. Eunji released a small sigh and hugged him back. “If only this would stop.” She whispered to herself in her small voice.

“What would stop?” Kai mumbled.

Eunji turned crimson. “I…Uh… Class. Because… I’m getting really bored.”

Kai pulled away and ruffled her hair. “Silly you. You have to study for the company.” With that he winked and walked away.

Eunji gulped and trudged to her seat.

 

 

Minah walked to Kris’ office and smiled.

“I brought you donuts, Oppa.” She beamed and placed the box on his table. Kris looked up and placed his pen down. “Who let you in?”

Minah bit her lip, taken aback. “I… I was…”

Kris realized his mistake and stood up. “I’m just busy…”

“I know, sorry.” She muttered. Kris sighed and opened the box. He cleared his throat and fought his inner . “Uh… Eat with me.”

Minah surprisingly looked at him and grinned. “Okay, Oppa.”

 

Eunji dragged her almost lifeless body inside her grandfather’s office. She sat on the leather cpuch, her legs sprawled on the floor.

“A lady never sits like that.” Yeye walked in followed by his secretary. Eunji frowned and sat straight. Soon enough, Yeye motioned for the secretary to leave them alone.

Eunji yawned without covering . “You called me, Yeye?”

Yeye looked at his granddaughter. Thoughts were running on his mind.

“I’m taking back the car.”

Eunji jolted up with wide eyes. “W-why? I didn’t do anything…”

“Really?” Yeye challenged. He was sitting on his revolving chair, his elbows propped against the desk. His fingers were intertwined together as he glared at her.

Eunji flinched. She was trying to think of recent events, if she caused trouble or not.

“I… I… don’t know…” She muttered.

Yeye stood up and crossed his arms. For some case, Yeye had a dual personality. He was caring and loving to his grandchildren. He loved them to death, giving them everything they want. But when he doesn’t like something and wants it changed, he stays firm.

 And the Yeye at the moment was the latter.

“I received your grades today, Jia Li.”

Eunji’s brows furrowed.

“You’re a straight topnotcher in China, what happened? What is this?” Yeye growled, lifting the card up for her to see. He threw it on the floor and sighed.

“What are you trying to do?” He said in almost a whisper, calming himself.

“I’m sorry Yeye, I-I just… just…”

“I know why. It’s because of Jongin.”

Eunji closed her eyes. It was all her fault. Not Kai's. Not anyone else's. 

“Yi Fan told me. You know, you need to stop your emotional self affect you. Do not let your pain eat you. Let it strengthen you.”

A tear rolled down her cheek as she looked down.

“Stop being so weak. No Yi acts like that.” Yeye spat out.

Eunji trembled eith his words. She was drowning in a pool of shame. Pool of her own stupidity and weakness.

“Get out and fix yourself.” Yeye waved his hand dismissively.

Her hands trembled as she exited the office, tears endlessly lining her face.

 

“Ge—“

Minah and Kris looked at the door. Eunji stood there, tears streaming down her face.

Automatically, Kris stood up to go to her, but Eunji raised her palm.

“D-don’t.”

With that she left hurriedly. She didn’t want to appear weak, but it was too late, she already started a freakshow by appearing on her cousin’s office, drowing in tears.

“Damn it!” She muttered as she ran out.

 

Eunji sobbed silently as she slipped in a cab. She didn’t want to go home, she’d only be reminded of her failure when she feels home.

She bit her lip as she murmured her destination to the driver. And as they traveled, never did her eyes dry out of tears.

 

“You were so hard on her, Yeye.” Kris shook her head and barged in the elder Yi’s office. He walked in front of him and looked at him with a grave expression.

Yeye sighed. “I know what I’m doing.”

“But still… You know she’s smart, it’s just that she’s…” Kris reasoned out, but he was at loss of words.

Yeye stood up and glared at his grandson. “I’m teaching her to be strong. Is she home?”

“No. But I sent Yi Xing to find her bring her home.”

 

Lay called to tell Kai and Myungsoo to help him find Eunji. Immediately, they knew where she would go.

The Ducati and Maserati stopped just outside the ice cream shop, barely even parking properly. Myungsoo jumped off his motor as Kai slipped out his ride.

“Ya!” Myungsoo screeched.

Eunji was standing before the glass doors, hesitating if she should enter or not. Upon hearing Myungsoo’s alien-like voice, she her heel.

“You brat.” He muttered as he watched her. Kai shook his head and walked towards them.

Eunji let her emotions take in.

“Jerk.” She ran to him and wrapped her arms around him. Myungsoo’s eyes widened. For a few seconds he stood still. Kai was standing beside them, his eyes round.

Myungsoo’s trembling hands tapped her back, the way he did that night at the ball. Slowly he began to relax and caressed her hair comfortingly.

“You have issues on staining my shirt with your tears, you know.” He whispered.

Eunji cried silently. “Shut up.” She buried her head on his chest more. He sighed and pulled her closer as if they were not close enough.

Kai was just there, watching.

Eunji closed her eyes as she let the tears fall. Sure the jerk can comfort her, even without saying anything. Why?

Because he knew.

He knows. He knows everything. He was there in everything. Like when Kai makes out with girls, when Kai snags another chick, when Kai ditches her.

He was there. Myungsoo was there.

Unconsciously his presence was there and she didn’t even know she felt his presence important already.

 

“Guys.” Kai cleared his throat.

Eunji pulled away almost instantly. She didn’t even know Kai was there. Oh sheez.

“J-jongin.” She muttered, wiping her tears.

Kai chuckled and gave her his hanky. “Here.”

She reluctantly accepted it and wiped her cheeks. “How did you guys…?”

“Yeye’s just mad for a while Ji. You know his temper.” Kai smiled comfortingly and ruffled her hair. She bit her lip and looked down.

Kai looked at Myungsoo and his wet shirt. “You know dude, you could use some shirt.”

Myungsoo rolled his eyes. “Yeah, like I don’t know that.”

Kai chuckled and tugged on Eunji’s wrist. “Come on cupcake, the hyungs are looking for you. I’ll take you home.”

Eunji nodded and slipped in Kai’s car. Kai turned to Myungsoo before he slipped in too.

“She trusts you.” He tapped his shoulder and left.

 

Myungsoo watched the car disappear and smiled to himself. His arrogant smile.

He chuckled and shook his head.

“Yeah, and she loves you.” He muttered.

He drove away, his mind preoccupied. 

 

 

____________________________________________________________